• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you buy your Pokemon cards from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm thinking about getting back into collecting Pokemon cards, and was just curious to see where people buy them from. I can't buy them online so I'm hoping to find some stores that have good prices for them. I'm also going to be heading up to ACen this weekend to see if they have any there and to watch some matches! Haha

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
There's a few places I go to pick them up. Walmart about 50%, then when when I can get to a local gaming/comic shop I prefer to buy there. I like supporting the shops in that regards as opposed to big box stores like Walmart.

Years
Generally, because it is far closer to me than any hobby shop (a 2 minute drive as opposed to a 45 minute drive), I get my cards at Target.

If I'm out, though, I'll get them from various hobby shops sometimes, from Barnes & Noble, or from Wal-Mart if it's a tin that I don't have yet that's been out of stock at Target and most hobby shops for a couple years because it's such an old tin. I even know a few video game stores that carry packs.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I get my stuff at Target, though some Walmarts here carry older sets (Platinum and HGSS sets, so if you like those, then yeah). The latest set is Plasma Freeze, which I haven't seen anywhere despite it being released almost a week ago SIGH. The best way to start off collecting a set is a booster box imo, but they're expensive. For newer sets like Plasma Freeze, they go for about $100.

If you wanna collect older stuff then hahahhaha I mean good luck.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Most of the time I go to Target to get cards. There's a also an entertainment store called FYE who mainly sell music , games and movies, but they also sell pop culture related item and have some older pack of cards there (along with shirts and figures) and I'v bought packs from there too. But usually it's Target. As a kid I'd go to a small local comic shop called "Mo's Comics" to buy Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards , but I haven't done that in years. And since they've moved location , they're a bit further down and Target is much closer. Plus I don't think they sell cards anymore, mainly just comics now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Wal-Mart. It's the closest place that has Pokemon Cards where I live and they usually have the most variety/most in stock whenever I go to buy cards. There is Target but I seem to have bad luck whenever I go because they barely have anything that I want to purchase at the time of going. That's pretty much it; Toy-R-Us sells them for like... a buck or two more per pack so I never buy them there and I've never bought them from any other place either.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Sorry, but I don't want to open a new topic. I'm now used to having to buy cards in Argos but currently they only have stuff from Dragons Exalted and Dark Explorers, but I know places like Toys-R-Us sell newest sets, but does anyone else know better places to buy (UK).

Years
Sorry, but I don't want to open a new topic. I'm now used to having to buy cards in Argos but currently they only have stuff from Dragons Exalted and Dark Explorers, but I know places like Toys-R-Us sell newest sets, but does anyone else know better places to buy (UK).

Not living in the UK, I wouldn't know, but for that I'll refer you to ask in our Quick Questions Thread, located here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297494

In that thread, your question will have more visibility and some of our UK users will be able to more easily spot your question.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I searched all over my local stores (Walmart, Target, Kmart, Best Buy, FYE, even Rite Aid) I can't find any, even asked and they even told me that may not sell any.

I just buy all my booster packs, tins, theme decks and individual cards online. Mostly from Toy Wiz, Troll & Toad, PokeOrder, & BB Toys. If I can't find an individual card I want I'll go with my final choice ebay.

Edit - I finally found a Target store outside Seattle (in the city of Tukwila) where I found lots of Pokemon TCG stuff - went on a spending spree today ($118 worth of packs, theme decks, and boxes)

Last edited:
Years
I searched all over my local stores (Walmart, Target, Kmart, Best Buy, FYE, even Rite Aid) I can't find any, even asked and they even told me that may not sell any.

I just buy all my booster packs, tins, theme decks and individual cards online. Mostly from Toy Wiz, Troll & Toad, PokeOrder, & BB Toys. If I can't find an individual card I want I'll go with my final choice ebay.

For Pokemon cards at Wal-Mart and Target, try by the registers where the Magic: The Gathering Cards are. This is where I've found them 99% of the time in these two stores. Though you usually won't find any packs older than a year old at Target.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
My target is the one WITH the older packs. Wal mart goes back to dragons exalted, and those are scarce.

Ive been buying a lot online, mostly ones i couldnt get in stores. Japanese full arts, gold stars, etc.

Years
The only two places around that sell any of the booster packs around here are Walmart and Target. I usually got them from the latter, but since Target opened up right next to my work, that's probably where I'll buy any from now on.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For Pokemon cards at Wal-Mart and Target, try by the registers where the Magic: The Gathering Cards are. This is where I've found them 99% of the time in these two stores. Though you usually won't find any packs older than a year old at Target.

I also searched by the registers - no cards either, mostly candy, batteries, and magazines. No cards of any kind (at least in the big stores - Walmart, & Target), most of the other smaller stores I can't find anything related to Pokemon cards.

alexithymia

Time Lady
Years
I pick up most of my cards up at Wal-Mart and various comic book shops. I've also gotten several good lots for not a lot of cash on eBay. :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
There's 4 places in Montreal where I buy my Pokemon cards (I'm leaving out other card places which I haven't bought from yet)

The closest one from my place sells boosters around 4.35 + tax each, 2nd closest sells 3 packs for 10$ tax included, third store sells the boosters for 4.15$ + tax each and the last one is the same exact price as the 2nd closest card store from my place, it's just a different branch.

I buy from all of them, depending which store I'm currently at. Money isn't a huge factor for me, so wasting like 3-4$ more for a pack of boosters doesn't really bother me.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
For those of you in Canada, check out Canada Card World for Pokemon Boosters and Decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back