• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What moves do you get the most frustrated with?

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
-Stone Edge
-Focus Blast
These moves are just so annoying. At least with Protect and Detect if someone tries repeating it, it fails and they lose. These, they can just spam until it hits something it isn't effective against. And they do SO much damage. Getting my brick wall Snorlax hit by a Focus Blast in the Champions Tournament in Black 2 usually signifies to me I'll be having a bad time.

AwesomeRob

Congrats!
Years
Attract has to be the most annoying move of all time, and it only adds insult to injury when a Pokemon like Garbodor is the one using it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2013
I really hate Mat Block. I hate the fact that all pokémon can be protected by just one move :/

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
I really hate Mat Block. I hate the fact that all pokémon can be protected by just one move :/

Trick to counter that. When you see a pokemon you know has that available, use something like hypnosis on them, and status changers on the other(s). Right now it's only Greninja that has it, so that's pretty easy to plan for. Most of the pokemon with hypnosis, the highest success rate for sleep, are tanks too, so no fear putting them in the lead.

Another good counter is to use a high priority move for the first ones if you suspect mat block will be used, you'll still hit them before the mat block is put up. :P

Typhon

'sup
Years
Attract! Oh god, I hate that attack so much. When you become infatuated, they can seriously KO you. And when you're the one that's using it, it's fun but when you are the victim; Ouch!

Well at least you still have a 50/50 change of attacking. Thank god Gamefreak didn't make Attract a move where it disables every single move!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
There's so many, but the worst for me has to be Roar/Whirlwind. Uggh...WHY?!?! When I re-challenged Falkner he kept using whirlwind over and over and over again. What's the reason, other than to cheese your opponent off? It succeeded in that regard.

Next would be toxic. As an avid steel type user, I can usually avoid it. But when it does happen to me, MY GOD. The poison just gets worse and worse :( And when they use protect/detect to stall while your Pokemon slowly dies, it's utterly maddening.

Any move that automatically gives you paralysis, sleep, or confusion. In this regard, the WORST is Spore. Only Paras and Parasect know it, but if you're ever up against one of them, be prepared to be asleep for 70% of the battle.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
There's so many, but the worst for me has to be Roar/Whirlwind. Uggh...WHY?!?! When I re-challenged Falkner he kept using whirlwind over and over and over again. What's the reason, other than to cheese your opponent off? It succeeded in that regard.

Next would be toxic. As an avid steel type user, I can usually avoid it. But when it does happen to me, MY GOD. The poison just gets worse and worse :( And when they use protect/detect to stall while your Pokemon slowly dies, it's utterly maddening.

Any move that automatically gives you paralysis, sleep, or confusion. In this regard, the WORST is Spore. Only Paras and Parasect know it, but if you're ever up against one of them, be prepared to be asleep for 70% of the battle.

Hypnosis is known by a lot of ghosts and psychics, it's 75% change, 86% with zoom lens. :P

Years
In general, I usually hate moves such as Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp, and Thunder Wave (in other words, 100% accuracy + 100% to proc). Captivate, Charm, and Attract are also annoying. I also EXTREMELY dislike it when a OHKO or <70% accuracy move makes contact without Lock-On, Mind Reader, etc.

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Infestation... seriously, the most annoying move I have ever have used on me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Another vote for Protect.
I don't play competitively, so it's always kinda annoying when NPCs use Protect. Your defeat is inevitable, stop prolonging the battle. :pink_blankstare:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 6, 2014
sucker punch. Think you are about to win the battle and bam they use sucker punch and kill you :(

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Confuse ray, Attract and especially.... the king of all annoying moves...

MULTIPLE STACKS OF SAND ATTACK.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Status moves no longer faze me in Gen VI since my in-game team has max affection and will probably break through it within 3 turns...
Fake Out, any move that causes invulnerability (Protect, Detect, Kings Shield, etc.) and recovery moves like Roost, Recover, Slack Off, Moonlight, etc.
They're just delaying the inevitable!

Back