• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
tbh I tend to remember Japanese names better if I find I can never remember how to spell the English. Like... Fukiyose, Soryu, Hiun, & Sekka are just a hell of a lot easier for me than Mistralton, Opelucid, Castelia, & Icirrus.

also I wasn't even aware that we were meant to be getting new official news. are there any clues as to what it might be about? Like... gyms, 'mon, plot, or what?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I prefer English names with puns/references I understand 100% and while it wasn't difficult to play through in Japanese, I vastly preferred playing B/W in English when it came out here. :s Pokémon is one of the rare series were attacks and whatnot are actually in Japanese instead of bastardized English so if you want to play in one language and discuss (on the internet or wherever) in another, you have to memorize both sets of vocabulary. I'm not interested in doing that again.

On that note, I'm really happy they've been releasing news almost simultaneously this time... it means I can memorize the English name from the get-go instead of bothering with the Japanese name the whole time. It's a bit of a relief.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oooh now I'm wondering about it. I mean if it's just one new 'mon, then which? It would have to be a fairly important one or one they expect to be popular. Or is it just information on Sylveon? Or multiple 'mon like starter evolutions?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Then if it's just one, and it's an actual reveal and not just updating information on that Sylveon, then it must be either the Pika-expy of the generation or the crazyawesome cool 'mon a la Lucario/Zoroark. Right?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It looked like it was another Eeveelution from what I saw in images. It would make sense, as they always come out in pairs right?

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Wait, what? We're supposed to be getting news? Where will it all be streamed? :O

Its going to be on Pokemon Smash and I dunno how they are revealing it elsewhere, I wonder if they will do a Pokemon Direct or just update the website.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
See I really only did that for BW because that's the only speculation I got tossed into. But now I do know a bunch of Japanese names just from watching various subbed anime episodes across the seasons. And from cameos in Best Wishes and all that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I know Fennekin is Fokko, and Sylveon is Ninfia but I dont remember any other 6th gen Japanese names.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not going to make a point to learn them, but I'm sure I'll pick them up as they appear in the anime. Since even subbed versions have the Japanese name written out.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I still like learning the Japanese name as well. In Gen 5 I would sometimes think of a Pokemon and think of the Japanese name first,but thats probably just because I was around when the news leaks happened.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I think Nintendo is starting to create a generational release formula. Formulas are their trademark, but I don't think it works too well with promos.

Formula (for you snoopers):
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno if we can predict the formula well this time. We got a lot of stuff right when the games were announced and we dont usually.We also havent had an international release around the same time, so things are obviously different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back