• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
Years
I heard that. Liverpool has been sold to some US dudes.

And the qualifier matches will begin this weekend. Next Friday, Portugal vs Denmark. Let's see what does this new manager has to offer.

Gabri

m8
Years
Yup. Both of them were disastrous (4-4 against Cyprus, HOME, and 0-1 against Norway, away) and the manager got fired.
He should have been fired at the end of the World Cup imo.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Seriously... I can't believe we are missing so many freaking chances. The goalie is already beaten and Villa hits the post instead. Another header from Ramos that gets lost on the wood. And a dozen of blocked shots. For god's sake.

Edit: Min 46, Llorente scores. Much better now XD

Last edited:

Akirα

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Seriously... I can't believe we are missing so many freaking chances. The goalie is already beaten and Villa hits the post instead. Another header from Ramos that gets lost on the wood. And a dozen of blocked shots. For god's sake.

Edit: Min 46, Llorente scores. Much better now XD

And another goal from Llorente! I love that player.

Anyways, my favorite national team is Germany, and I am glad they won tonight against Turkey. Portugal is doing better tonight; two nice goals from Nani. Hungary won 8-0, WTF? By the way, when is England playing? Tomorrow?

Ivysaur

Years
San Marino is not the hardest possibe rival in Europe, hence the 8-0 XD

And England is missing this round, they'll play next Tuesday.

Gabri

m8
Years
Aand Portugal just beat Denmark. 3-1. :D
Really good match we did, Denmark went to our box like... 3 times or so. Nice defending and we did really good keeping the ball's possession.
Bento started well.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Looking forwarde to Scotland-Spain on tues and sorry 4 not posting in ages my internet was down due to moving house :(.

Chadie

Satzi
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Aand Portugal just beat Denmark. 3-1. :D
Really good match we did, Denmark went to our box like... 3 times or so. Nice defending and we did really good keeping the ball's possession.
Bento started well.

I am really glad. Nani put us a very good show that night. Ronaldo was doing better, I can admit that; and God, he's jinxed, very much. Denmark looked confused throughout the game; they weren't that better in the WC, anyways.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Northern Ireland look like there going to get somewhere, While Ireland are brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Because im a rangers fan i have a link to nothern ireland so im hoping they go somewhere :D

Ivysaur

Years
Well, 2-3 in a really exciting match. I still can't believe Scotland managed to tie the match but Llorente (the more I see him, the more I love him) finished it off. Well done in both sides, it's really nice to see a team that plays so well and yet so cleanly as Scotland did.

Gabri

m8
Years
And ka-bam, another 3-1. Two awesome goals and an epic fail by the opponent goalkeeper gave us the match. :D
Ours made an epic fail as well, but it doesn't matter.

Thank you Paulo Bento!

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Well it seems to happen every few years for us, a key player wanting to go.

It's Rooney's turn now. :( http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9104392.stm

Ugh. This is literally all we're going to hear about for the next 3 months asdsasdfdsasdfgh

I don't like Rooney, personally I think for all his talent he's the biggest tosser going. I hope if he does leave he ends up in Spain or somewhere the hell away from the Premier League, sick to the back teeth of hearing about him/seeing him/being in the same country as him.

It'll be a sad, sad day for football if he ends up at Man Shitty.

Gabri

m8
Years
Man City will probably try to take advantage of that like what happened with Tévez. But I think he will end up in Spain.

And whoo, Braga won 2-0 for the CL. That's good for Portugal :D

Years

Ugh. This is literally all we're going to hear about for the next 3 months asdsasdfdsasdfgh

I don't like Rooney, personally I think for all his talent he's the biggest tosser going. I hope if he does leave he ends up in Spain or somewhere the hell away from the Premier League, sick to the back teeth of hearing about him/seeing him/being in the same country as him.

It'll be a sad, sad day for football if he ends up at Man Shitty.

Man City will probably try to take advantage of that like what happened with Tévez. But I think he will end up in Spain.

And whoo, Braga won 2-0 for the CL. That's good for Portugal :D
I can see City making a move and I hope to god the Glazers don't cave in to them.

Madrid is the only other likely destination for him and a swap deal involving Benzema would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back