• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Pokemon for you to catch in FRLG?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
All of the legendary birds, Mewtwo, Chansey, and Electabuzz. I really wanted an Electabuzz got it but took me forever.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Probably Suicune on my first playthrough, considering i didnt know about it and probably used my master ball on Mewtwo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2014
Tauros, Chansey, Kangaskan in Leaf Green and in Fire Red I was constantly looking for a bellsprout :L silly me..

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Suicune, just finding it is hard enough, but I saved a Masterball so I caught it straight away once it popped up on my screen. The hardest to actually catch (time-wise) would be Mewtwo, I had to reset sooo many times because I accidently killed Mewtwo or I run out of UltraBalls (I also used all my TimerBalls,GreatBalls and PokeBalls).

Years
I reset like 5 times & then on the fifth try its health was low I threw my last ultraball & it broke out at the last second, and used rest so i threw a pokeball just because i could before i was going to restart & i caught it I was like :shocked:

after a was said & done it took 5 tries 400+ ultra balls & i end up catching it with a pokeball

Years
Chansey! hunted her for days... until I gave up ><
She barely appeared in the safari and when she does she immediately runs or never gets caught! I remember wasting 10 balls on one until she ran away =/ sad times, I really wanted to get Lucky egg from her but now it's so easy to get it so there's no point in trying

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Either Chansey or Mewtwo, I used my masterball on Mewtwo but caught a Chansey as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is an...oddly specific question. Haha. Anyway, I've never caught a Kangaskhan in this game, ever. So I'm gonna go with that. I've caught the almighty and elusive Chansey, but no, not Kangaskhan. If it weren't for Gale of Darkness, I probably would have never gotten one...until gen V anyway. lol

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Hmm...thinkin' back on it, it seems; well, by me, anyways, that most of the difficult captures took place in the safari zone. Chansey, Sycther, Kangaskhan...Ya know, most of the rare pokes that appears in that game.

This was also the case in R/S/E I always found it hard to catch the pokemon that live in those areas. LOL

Years
It's odd. I had next to no problem catching any of the legendaries in the game, including Mewtwo, who I somehow caught in a Poke Ball on the first turn with full health (meant to select Master Ball to get it over with, but was completely shocked/a little disgusted to find out a Poke Ball did the trick). And I never had any problem finding any of the rare Safari Zone Pokemon either. The most difficult Pokemon that I tried to catch had to have been Skarmory in the Sevault Canyon. I never really planned on using one and just wanted it to fill up my Pokedex, but I literally spent 15 minutes trying to catch one that I had False Swiped to 1HP and put to sleep. I know that it has one of the lowest catch rates for a regular Pokemon, but it surprised me at just how difficult it really was.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
It's definitely Chansey for me. You throw a bait, it runs away, you throw a stone, it freakin' runs away! And it's so rare, too!
In second comes Articuno. I don't know why, but I've always struggled much more with Articuno than any other legendary birds...

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
Defiantly Mewtwo (Although I was like six when FRLG came out and I totally sucked at Pokemon! >.<)

Years
For me...
Legendary Pokèmon are Moltres. It took me several times for reseting a games and caught them with some Ultra Balls, but failure. So I giving up and defeat Moltres. My Master Ball already used to catching an Articuno.

Non-legendary Pokèmon in Safari zone are Kangaskhan, Rhyhorn, and Scyther. Its bit crazy to catching them with bait.
In normally adventure I found some difficult for caught a wild Pokèmon in water area like Horsea, Poliwhirl and Seaking because FRLF was my first Pokèmon games. So I am still noobness xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Mewtwo, without a doubt. It kept Recovering, so I had to keep wearing it down. That, and it had a pretty strong Psychic.

Back