• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, so many consoles..

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Video_Game_Consoles.png

With the next console generation around (ie the PS4 and Xbox One), there's going to be many, many more games that's going to be released in these upcoming years. However, take a look back at the consoles & handheld video games that you've played, and the video games that came with them.

Now, thinking about that, let me ask you: What is your one favourite video game from each console that you've played, and why? And of course, this answer is only dependant on the consoles that you've played. Including the PC, if you wish, but again, choose only one that's your absolute favourite. I'll give you an example from two consoles / handhelds that I've played:

Nintendo 3DS: Kid Icarus: Uprising. The controls was confusing at first, but once you get used to it, it's really awesome to play. The humor is also pretty wonderful too; the way that they've humored some of the Nintendo games like from a quote, "those things look like little Metroids!".

Playstation 1: Tales of Phantasia. Even the the RPG RNG makes it so that you face a random encounter the majority of the time, it really is a nice game to play, and I do love the variety of characters!

There you have it! So, again, What is your one favourite video game from each console that you've played, and why?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
NES: Punch Out!! - Addicting arcade goodness while also hard. Hard to top this game when it still holds up to this day.
Game Boy: Donkey Kong 94 - A masterpiece of game and level design. This game shouldn't have any right to be this good, on a system like this no less. Still better than 99% of game released today.
SNES: Donkey Kong Country 2 - The REAL best platformer of the system. It balances gimmicky level design with proper platforming without getting overboard about it like 1. Though, note I'm playing Super Metroid for the first time right now, and I'm really liking what I'm playing.
Game Boy Color: Wario Land 2 - This game is HUGE. So many collectibles and hidden secrets to find. Lots and lots of content for a handheld game.
PS1: Crash Bandicoot 2 - The first game was, well, the first of its kind, but it wasn't executed well. However, this game perfected everything the first game introduced. Some problems aside (very few though), this game really is near-perfect.
Game Boy Advance: So many awesome games...Warioware Inc, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Rhythm Tengoku, Advance Wars, etc but yet I can easily say my favorite of the system is without a doubt, Wario Land 4, which is my favorite game anyway.
PS2: Jak III...I guess? I don't know. For all the praise this console gets it's mostly JRPGs which I hate, and the multiplats were all better on Gamecube so I played them on that. I also don't like the big exclusives, like MGS2 in particular. I still haven't played Ratchet and Clank though, mind you. I need to.
Gamecube: F-Zero GX. The perfect arcade racer.
Nintendo DS: A tie between Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents, but I'm leaning towards the latter.
Xbox 360: Halo 3. Easy.
PS3: I actually hate most of the exclusives, Uncharted aside. So, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, for being the best Tekken game.
Wii: Punch Out Wii, Zack and Wiki, DKCR, Wario Land: Shake It, Little King's Story...how can I possibly choose second place? First place is easily Rhythm Heaven Fever, though.
3DS: Luigi's Mansion 2 is my game of the year so far. Kid Icarus comes pretty damn close though, so I'll give it a mention. Also, DKCR 3D could easily beat LM2 but it's a port, and the Wii version is better.
Vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Justified my Vita purchase. Though I haven't beat Rayman Origins on it (played it mostly on 360), but if I could count it then yeah, that. It's the best version of the game imo.
Wii U: New Super Mario Bros U is not only the best 2D Mario game (I haven't played SMB3, yet.), but it's the best 2D platformer of this generation. I regretted my Wii U purchase until I played this game. (Well, and multiplayer Nintendo Land which I want to mention)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
GB: Pokemon Blue, Seiken Densetsu; both great RPGs

SNES: Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger; another two great RPGs

GBC: Pokemon Gold; it's less special than Crystal but I played it a lot more

GBA: Golden Sun (both games); really great story and nice mechanics (even though many people complain about it xD), it was my first real RPG I played (besides Pokemon)

GameCube: TLoZ The Wind Waker; I love this game because of the open world and the fighting mechanics

Nintendo DS: easily Radiant Historia; it's awesome in any way and I couldn't get away from it untill I beat it xD

PS1: Tales of Phantasia (only played the GBA port...) and Chrono Cross; ToP is really great and Chrono Cross has so many playable characters xD

PSP: FF4 Complete Collection; lot's of characters in The After Years and pretty awesome graphics, too

XBOX 360: actually I don't like any game I played on it...

Nintendo 3DS:
nothing special for the moment...I'm looking forward to get some really great games (at least I hope they're great)

PC (ok, it's no console, but whatever...): Morrowind; hugh world, awesome design and also I like the textboxes which are used instead the voice acting they use in the newer Elder Scrolls games

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
GB:Gargoyle's quest;This game was so hard when i was younger that i couldnt get past the first boss but right after the first boss the game gets awesome.It gets rather difficult later on though but it is still my favorite on the system

GBA:Pokemon Emerald;Do i need to explain?It is my all time favorites

PSP:A tie between Yu gi oh Tag Force 6 and Parasite Eve Third Birthday.
Tag Force when you want something calm and Parasite Eve when you want something with Resident Evil 4 like action.

NDS:Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia;The music , the characters , the challenge, the story....It was a beast of a game

PS1:Castlevania Symphony Of The Night;Thats the only PS1 game i actually wanted to finish on my PSP(I have yet to play some other titles)That game is awesome but the final battle with Dracula was pretty easy.

Years
NES: Duck Hunt. This is the only game I can remember playing on the console itself, so it defaults as my favorite.

SNES: Super Mario Kart. This is another console I can only remember playing a single game on, so it's my top choice.

Sega Genesis: Easily Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Still holds up to this day as a great game.

Game Boy: Pokemon Yellow. This choice was either Red or Yellow, so I went with the one I played more.

Game Boy Color: Pokemon Gold. This was the first Pokemon game I actually owned, and I spent almost every waking hour I wasn't at school playing it.

Playstation 1: WWF Smackdown 2. Never owned it, but even to this day my Cousin and I talk about the memories we had playing that game.

Nintendo 64: Mario Party. This was probably the closest I was to a tie for a top spot, with Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap and Stadium 2 right behind it.

Xbox: I've only owned an original Xbox for about a week now, and it only came with one game- The Bible Game. Can't wait until I can bump that one off the list.

Game Boy Advance: Pokemon Emerald. Easily my favorite Pokemon game to date, and a big part of the reason I really want to see 3rd gen remakes.

Playstation 2/PSP: NHL 07. The fact that I was able to transfer my save file between the two versions years before it was an advertised feature for the PSVita was a big deal to me.

Nintendo DS: Pokemon HeartGold. Just slightly edged out White 2, but I felt much more attached to HeartGold.

Playstation 3: Skate 3. I've found myself bored with my PS3 library as of late, but any time I pop in Skate 3, the hours just seem to fly by.

Nintendo 3DS: Mario Kart 7. Considering I've owned the system for 4+ months now, I should really get around to buying a few more games.

(Bolded systems are ones that I owned, Italicized are just ones I've played)

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'll base it off the game I used to like and play - since now all I like is Pokemon; by now my younger brother owns the system, or sold to friends, not actively seeking them anymore.

My favorite games by systems I played - not counting the Pokemon games

SNES: "Bubsy: In Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind" don't know why exactly is my #1 favorite from the SNES, but it was the first fun game that both my grandma and I played, especially when I was young -about 7 to 8 years old- strong memories of that game

Sega Dreamcast: "Resident Evil: Code Veronica" (I believe that was the game) was a console that my uncle own for about a year and half, and it was the only game he had for it, It was fun playing the game.

N64 - "Conker's Bad Fur Day", it was the the one game I could spend hours and always had fun, and with 2 to 4 players my entire younger brothers could join in the action. Kind of graphic and so much bad language, it was still too fun to let it down.

PS1: "Driver 2" not as fun as Conker... above, but it brought me hours of fun

PS2: "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" - "Grand Theft Auto III" & "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" - I was a big fan of the GTA series, those 3 where my favorites of them all, especially S.A.

PS3: "Grand Theft Auto IV" still play it occasionally, when I first bought it (a few weeks after its release) I couldn't let it down, it was hours of fun, just messing around

PC: "Sim City 4" no other simulation game comes close, the new one is even worse (everything fun from SC4 was removed), I still play it at least once a week, love designing a wide variety of scenery and metropolis

today all I own is the original Nintendo DS (the grey colored console), Nintendo DS Lite, and Nintendo 3DS XL - my younger brothers and uncle have bought games they like for the DS/3DS I'm only sticking with Pokemon games as they are the only ones that bring me joy and hours of entertainment. All of the games I used to like (mentioned above) I can play them for about 15 to 30 minutes and slowly start getting bored.

Last edited:

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
NES - Megaman 2 - It's got that tight platforming and awesome music that later games had, but it still has that slightly rough feel due to it only being the second in the series. I love it.

Master System - Phantasy Star - It's probably my favorite 8-bit RPG. Amazing music, fun (if not sorta unfair at times) combat, and a super vibrant color pallet. One of my favorite games of all time.

SNES - Terranigma - It sucks that it wasn't released in English in an NTSC region, but whatever. It's got ridiculously fun gameplay, great music, and great graphics. It's one of the few games I believe I'll make a repro of eventually.

Genesis - Shining Force II - Jesus, it's like an awesome tactics RPG how can you not like this.

Gameboy/Color - Zelda: Oracle of Ages - Yeah, it was my first Gameboy game and it's one of my favorite Zelda games ever. It's a ton of fun. Capcom did good.

N64 - Jet Force Gemini - Well, I never beat it and I never will but whatever it's the most fun I've ever had shooting ants with rocket launchers as a dog with jetpack legs. Yeah.

Playstation - Megaman Legends 2 - It fixed all the things that were bad about the first game and, I think, was a more challenging game still. It sells for a lot now, so I'm really glad I got it back when Gamestop still sold PS1 games.

Sega Saturn - Panzer Dragoon Saga - I'll never own a legit copy of this, and that makes me sad but it's still probably the best RPG I've ever played.

Gameboy Advance - Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - I've been playing it off and on since it was originally released. They don't make em like they used to.

Playstation 2 - Dragon Quest VIII - I'm not sure if I've ever sunk more hours into a game.

Xbox - Halo: Combat Evolved - It was my first LAN party experience and boy howdy do I miss it.

Gamecube - Skies of Arcadia: Legends - Yeah, it's a port of a Dreamcast game, but I never had a Dreamcast and it's still amazing.

Nintendo DS - Etrian Odyssey - It turned me on to dungeon crawlers, and for that it will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Wii - Xenoblade Chronicles - Well, it's like all sorts of awesome and has the best soundtrack I've heard in YEARS. Doesn't hurt that it's quite collectible either.

Playstation 3 - Tales of Graces F - It feels like an older Tales game, so that's super appealing to me.

Nintendo 3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening - After not liking Shadow Dragon, I was reluctant to give Awakening a try, but people seemed to really like it, so I did and it's amazing.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
In many cases, picking only one game is practically impossible for me. So many made my childhood, not just one.

Gamebody Colour:
Pokemon Gold. I lived off of this game. I took it everywhere with me, it was my bestfriend just in nuts and bolts and plastic.

Playstation 1: So many many great games. Including Crash Bandicoot 1, and Crash Bandicoot 2. Not to mention Spyro 1, Spyro 2 and Spyro 3. These two franchises, my god, kept me busy for hours. I can also remmber fondly playing Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee; so many good memories there two.

Playstation 2: Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex, Spyro a Hero's Tale, Spyro Enter the Dragonfly, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are the best games imo. Oh! I also can't forget about Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. So much to do! The storyline was great. Everything about the game was simply epic. (Except for Dr Nefarious at the end who was SUPER hard!)

Playstation 3: FUS RO DAAAAAH; By far, by FAR Skyrim. It's got hours upon hours of content, the regions and missions are varied, and everyone's experience is unique. Absolutely stunning visually. It's definitely one of my favourite games, ever. 9.5/10.

PC: Probably Sims or Minecraft. These are really, the only two games I play frequently on the computer. I don't really like purchasing games for PC. Nevertheless, these are definitely the top of the bunch for me personally.

Nintendo DS Lite: Pokemon Pokemon and more Pokemon. Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Heart Gold, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Conquest. So many great Pokemon Games. Pokemon Ranger even! Now that I think about it, I primarily only play Pokemon games haha. Out of all of them, my favourite games would have to be Pokemon Heart Gold, based on its additions and nostalgic feel, as well as Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I loved the storyline.

PSP: I haven't played my PSP in aaages, but as far as I can remember I didn't purchase many games for it. I think my fav out of all the games I did purchase would probably be Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
GB: Pokemon Blue
GBC: Pokemon Crystal
GBA (SP): Harvest Moon MFOMT, Pokemon Sapphire & LG
DS: Pokemon HG & Platinum

PS1: Spyro, Crash Bandicoot
Xbox: Fable
Xbox 360: Skyrim, Dragon Age, Fallout: New Vegas, Left4Dead, Soul Calibur V

I haven't played on too many consoles that I remember.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Gameboy Colour: Pokemon Gold
The game where I got my first level 100, Dodrio and I pretty much spent my entire childhood on this game, a pity the save file is lost though. For some reason, I just love walking around the town and talking to the people.

Gameboy Advanced: Megaman Battle Network Games
Although I could not solve the puzzles personally, I always had fun asking around my friends and the game's actually quite challenging in my opinion, the story's great and the boss fights man... Aww...

Nintendo DS: Pokemon Heart Gold
As you all know by now, I just love the Johto region so much, this is the only Pokemon game that exceeded 100 hours for me (I clocked like 400 hours).

Playstation 1: Pro Evolution Soccer 2, Digimon Card Game, Tekken 3, The Spyro franchise
Love all these games, still playing them occasionally.

Playstation Portable Yugi-oh games, Disgaea
Who doesn't like Yugioh games really and Disgaea of course, one of my favourite RPG titles.

PC: Maplestory, Runescape
This MMORPGs haha, I was never really a PC gamer because I always had wooden PCs (literally) that can't really support any games at all. So I had to resort to playing MMORPGs, I really spend a lot of time on them, until I realised that these games are never ending and I stopped.

These are the only consoles I own though, if I can include lots of other consoles that I didn't own, but played it with my cousin, this list could be much longer.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm going to try and do systems where Pokemon does not win.

N64: Banjo Kazooie.
GameCube: Animal Crossing
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy (both)
3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

PS1: Spyro 3
PS2: Ratchet & Clank

Xbox: Halo 2
Xbox One: Television

PC: Touhou 8

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
NES: Ninja Gaiden
SNES: Seiken Densetsu III
N64: Super Smash Bros.
GC: Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

GEN: Sonic the Hedgehog 3

PS1: Final Fantasy VII
PS2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Xbox: Halo: Combat Evolved
Xbox 360: Halo: Reach

PC: Combat Arms

GBC: Pokemon Crystal
GBA: Final Fantasy IV Advance
PSP: Duodecim 012: Dissidia Final Fantasy

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
NES - Megaman 4/6 (tie)
SNES - Der Langrisser
Sega Genesis (I think) Gunstar Heros
GC - Metroid Prime 2
PC - Heavy Gear II

GB - Pokemon Yellow
GBC - Pokemon Gold
GBA - Blah, hard choice. Its either Megaman Battle Network 4, Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars, or (despite the awful translation) Zoids Legacy
NDS - Infinite Space
PSP - Gundam VS Gundam NEXT+

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Gameboy: The earliest console I have. My fav. game would probably be Pokemon Red because it's so freaking awesome!(and the only gameboy game that I still have)

Gameboy Advance: Pokemon Ruby in first, with FE: Sacred Stones taking a close second. This system was awesome! Ruby is also my favorite pokemon game of all time.

Nintendo DS: ...This was hard. Between Dokapon Journey, Pokemon White 2, and TWEWY...I'd have to say TWEWY. It's a good game.

Nintendo 3DS: Either Fire Emblem Awakening or Dream Drop Distance. Both are great!

Now onto the not-handheld part:
Nintendo 64: Super Smash Bros.(original) or Pokemon Stadium. Tie?
Gamecube: Sonic Gems Collection, followed closely by Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I loved CD and R in Gems and Adventure 2 Battle is just pure awesomeness. (Pokemon Colosseum does get 3rd place for being nifty.)
Wii: Between Dokapon Kingdom and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Probably Smash Bros.
Wii U: ...I have like ONE game for this, so let me get at least one more before I judge.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
What is your one favorite video game from each console that you've played, and why?

N64 = Conker's Bad Day and Mario Kart. I honestly couldn't decide between the two so many great memories with these game. I had such great time with these two games playing with my cousins. Many wars and battles where fought in Mario Kart the battle and wars would sometime lead to fist fight but still a good time. Conker's Fur Day was just awesome because of the foul language and the mutil-player mode. Man being the bad little kid that I love anything with foul language.

PS1= Chrono Trigger I bought this this game in middle school it was a special edition that came with FF3 or FF4 can't remember I spent most of my time playing Chrono Trigger. I love everything about that game the music the story.

PS2= NBA Streetz Vol. 3 You got to make your own shoes in that game. To be honest I still play it. The graphics were really good at the time as while.

Xbox= NBA 2k6 it had a better story mode. This is why before the My Player Mode you actually had to go through something like the story for NBA Streetz but a lot deeper then the player you made finally got to be use in season & associations modes.

Xbox 360 = Anything that is the Saint Row series. Just love the games series.

Gamboy Color = Pokemon Gold Bought the game self when I was a kid so proud of the fact.

Gameboy Advance Era= Anything Yu-Gi-Oh I just a big Yu-Gi-Oh fan in middle school.

Ds/Dsi Era= Pokemon Soul Silver This is currently my addiction at the moment.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Xbox - Halo 2
Xbox 360 - Gears of War 3

3DS - probably Pokemon X/Y

I didn't play too many games when I was younger and only really got into games when online started with the Xbox and have been there ever since.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
GB: Probably Pokemon Blue. I don't remember many other GB games.
GBC: Magi Nation. Took a few years for me to fully understand the game, but by then I really appreciated it.
GBA: Mega Man Battle Network 6. I like Gregar more but Falzar was okay.
DS: Cross Treasures or Okamiden.
PS2: Three-way tie between Star Ocean: TTEOT, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Radiata Stories.
PS3: Star Ocean: TLH, although my original answer was "Anything but Brink"
Xbox: Halo 2, definitely.
Xbox 360: The Minecraft port is pretty nice.
SNES: Chrono Trigger or Super Mario World.
N64: Too difficult to pick but I guess Donkey Kong 64. Or Pokemon Snap, or Banjo-Tooie, or Conker's Bad Fur Day, or Pokemon Stadium 2, or Star Fox 64, or Kirby 64, or Rampage 2.
Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Back