• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
hey guys, im trying to edit the background for my hack, and ive been following the tutorial, but when i get to the part where you have to load the two pallets into APE keeps saying theres a runtime error and then crashing every time i try to load my new pallet. How do i fix this?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
hey guys, im trying to edit the background for my hack, and ive been following the tutorial, but when i get to the part where you have to load the two pallets into APE keeps saying theres a runtime error and then crashing every time i try to load my new pallet. How do i fix this?

The one that you save in VBA? Save it as a paintstop palette, not a windows palette. That will fix it.

I mean the events happening once-a-day like lottery in R/S/E.

FRLG don't have native RTC, so there aren't any daily flags. You have to create new one manually using ASM and an RTC for FR.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Ok. I have also Another Question. Somewhere here I heard about Program to changing TYPES <Effectivnese, Weaknese and also> Someone know they name?

1. One small.... Someone know where is located Prof.Birch sprite?

karatekid552

Years
Ok. I have also Another Question. Somewhere here I heard about Program to changing TYPES <Effectivnese, Weaknese and also> Someone know they name?

1. One small.... Someone know where is located Prof.Birch sprite?

Type Resistances Editor

1. I told you HOW to find it, which is far more useful then its actual location.

Years
So I have done quite a bit of work on a hack ive been playing around with...dreadfully worked with lots of music and then imported it, did asm routines, sprites, palettes; I did a lot of mapping and scripting yada yada a lot of time you know. Anyway I had someone test it out and it was all compliments until they tried to buy something at the mart. Every time they/I try to do a transaction but/sell once the clerk says here you go or something like that the game will freeze and at every mart. I must of overwritten some offset or something but I have no idea. Has anyone experienced this problem or has any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated. PS I also have a back up of my game before I inserted a bunch of ASM routines and the mart worked at that point so my opinion is that those ASM routines might be where this all happened

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Hello, I'm sorry I was unable to find an answer to this question before. I feel like it's quite basic.

Right now, I'm trying to insert maps. However, before I insert the maps, I change the name of the maps. For example, the map I was trying to insert was NEW BARK TOWN. However, when I enter this as the name, then insert the map in bank 0 map 1, it changes the name of the PALLET TOWN maps to NEW BARK TOWN. I want to keep the PALLET TOWN maps intact, so how do I do so without naming the PALLET TOWN maps? I know it will probably require me adding in a new string somehow, or pointer.

Thanks in advance.

ALSO: I was working on my ROM and all of the sudden, Advance Map decided it could not read the rom or ANY of the past 6 backups that I had made that had worked before. However, they work in the emulator fine. Any reason why this would happen?
EDIT: It looks like my Advance Map suddenly decided not to recognize roms anymore, i re-downloaded it, now it's fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
The one that you save in VBA? Save it as a paintstop palette, not a windows palette. That will fix it.

I dont think so, the one you save from ifran, the pallet of the background im inserting. Cause when i save the pallet from ifran it already saves as .pal

karatekid552

Years
I dont think so, the one you save from ifran, the pallet of the background im inserting. Cause when i save the pallet from ifran it already saves as .pal

There's the issue. APE can only import 256 color palettes, not 16. You have to increase color depth to 256 first, then save.

Also, windows palettes and paintshop palettes both use .pal.-_- So, be careful when saving palettes in the palette viewer of VBA.

Hello, I'm sorry I was unable to find an answer to this question before. I feel like it's quite basic.

Right now, I'm trying to insert maps. However, before I insert the maps, I change the name of the maps. For example, the map I was trying to insert was NEW BARK TOWN. However, when I enter this as the name, then insert the map in bank 0 map 1, it changes the name of the PALLET TOWN maps to NEW BARK TOWN. I want to keep the PALLET TOWN maps intact, so how do I do so without naming the PALLET TOWN maps? I know it will probably require me adding in a new string somehow, or pointer.

Thanks in advance.

ALSO: I was working on my ROM and all of the sudden, Advance Map decided it could not read the rom or ANY of the past 6 backups that I had made that had worked before. However, they work in the emulator fine. Any reason why this would happen?
EDIT: It looks like my Advance Map suddenly decided not to recognize roms anymore, i re-downloaded it, now it's fine.

To add new names, read this thread: http://174.133.255.180/showthread.php?t=212492

You must have deleted the ini.

So I have done quite a bit of work on a hack ive been playing around with...dreadfully worked with lots of music and then imported it, did asm routines, sprites, palettes; I did a lot of mapping and scripting yada yada a lot of time you know. Anyway I had someone test it out and it was all compliments until they tried to buy something at the mart. Every time they/I try to do a transaction but/sell once the clerk says here you go or something like that the game will freeze and at every mart. I must of overwritten some offset or something but I have no idea. Has anyone experienced this problem or has any suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated. PS I also have a back up of my game before I inserted a bunch of ASM routines and the mart worked at that point so my opinion is that those ASM routines might be where this all happened

What were your ASM routines?

I know nothing about ASM, any threads about Firered RTC in forum?

The RTC comes with Prime Dialga's DNS and why not try to learn ASM? Start here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=299696

Last edited:
Years
Well I only documented the offset of one of my asm routines; the trainer class based music one, in case I wanted to go back and add more music specific battles. That asm was at 0x850150. I had two other routines but I don't remember where I inserted them specifically. One was to make your player face the trainer before every battle like in liquid crystal, and the other was to show the face of both the player and the trainer he;s battling like when you battle the champ. Both were inserted in free space for sure though

karatekid552

Years
Well I only documented the offset of one of my asm routines; the trainer class based music one, in case I wanted to go back and add more music specific battles. That asm was at 0x850150. I had two other routines but I don't remember where I inserted them specifically. One was to make your player face the trainer before every battle like in liquid crystal, and the other was to show the face of both the player and the trainer he;s battling like when you battle the champ. Both were inserted in free space for sure though

Surely they all had to have branches to them somewhere in the heart of the rom? I think that is where you went wrong. Did all of the routines work?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
There's the issue. APE can only import 256 color palettes, not 16. You have to increase color depth to 256 first, then save.

Also, windows palettes and paintshop palettes both use .pal.-_- So, be careful when saving palettes in the palette viewer of VBA.

Right on, it worked, thanks! Now ive looked at two different tutorials and they both have little blocks of color at the bottom left corner of the screen,and apparently its an issue or something. Would you happen to know how to get rid of that?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
i have a question can anyone tell me if what is the gameshark code of walk through walls???for my dark rising version beacause i cant pass in the the dark hideout there is no correct path in the floor???

is anybody there to help me???

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
i have a question can anyone tell me if what is the gameshark code of walk through walls???for my dark rising version beacause i cant pass in the the dark hideout there is no correct path in the floor???

is anybody there to help me???

Ask how to pass the Dark Hideout at the Dark Rising thread. There may not be a (known) walk through walls code anyways.

karatekid552

Years
Right on, it worked, thanks! Now ive looked at two different tutorials and they both have little blocks of color at the bottom left corner of the screen,and apparently its an issue or something. Would you happen to know how to get rid of that?

Yes, there are unused tiles in your tileset.

What exactly are you changing? Battle backgrounds? or Titlescreens?

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2016
Can someone help me find out how to change the reflected overworlds in pokemon Sapphire? By that I mean the reflections you see when the player is standing next to the light-blue water, e.g. the ponds in Petalburg

I've scrolled through all 217 available sprites in the Overworld Editor (Hackmew's Rebirth Edition) and I have yet to see them. Anyone know the overworld number or know of a way to change them?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Is there a way to use daily flags in Firered?

Once you have installed DNS by PrimeDiagla locate the byte which states the day (0-6).

So you might have something located like this:

20 13 08 12 08 56 32 (YY YY MM DD HR MIN SEC obviously not in dec)

We will need 2 bytes anywhere free in the ram : 00 00

Copy the DD byte using 'copybyte' in XSE and copy it to the first byte. (12 00)

Now use XSE's 'comparefarbytes' to compare these bytes (12 00)

then I assume it gets stored in 0x800D or LAST_RESULT so say 'compare 0x800D 0x1'

'if 0x1 goto @same_day'. From that pointer end the script.

TO continue write copybyte to the second byte so now you have (12 12).

then you can have your event. Now if you try and redo that event the bytes are EQUAL, making the script jump to @same_day.

eg:
Spoiler:

So as you can see you don't even need a flag in a way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back