• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Kind of ruins the surprise but here they are~ Eri-chan's trump cards. <3

Monster Cards:

Name: Loli Pop
Attribute: EARTH
Type: Fiend
Level: 3
ATK: 1200
DEF: 0
Flavour Text: A young girl who has lost everything and relies on confectionery to stave off insanity.

Name: Loli Pop Usurper
Type: Fiend
ATK: 1250
DEF: 0
Flavour Text: Now completely insane, this once sweet girl prowls the earth for sweets in order to satisfy her exponential hunger.

Name: Riding Hood Red
Type: Beast
ATK: 1650
DEF: 200
Flavour Text: A starved but powerful creature that once hunted Loli Pop for her basket of sweets. He now serves her after being put in his place by the sadistic little girl.

Spell Cards:

Name: Rabbit's Hole
Type: Normal
Effect: Both players draw cards until their hands have 5. Special Summon all Level 3 monsters and send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

Name: Rabid Fruit of the Zoas
Effect: Tribute 1 "Loli Pop" and all Level 3 monsters on your side of the field to Special Summon 1 "Loli Pop Usurper" from the Deck or Graveyard, then increase its ATK and DEF by 500 points for each card Tributed by this effect.

Name: Pick Nick's Basket
Type: Continuous
Effect: During each player's End Phase, he/she can add 1 Spell or Trap Card from their Deck to their hand. The selected card cannot be played until the end of their next turn and he/she skips their next Draw Phase.

Trap Cards:

Name: The Gingerbread House
Type: Continuous
Effect: If there is a "Loli Pop" monster in the Graveyard, activate this card. Discard 1 Level 4 or higher monster to add 1 "Loli Pop" monster from the Graveyard to your hand. This effect can only be used once per turn.

I didn't think the monster cards needed approval considering they're all Normal types but in the chance that they're somehow exploitable, I thought I'd put them up anyway.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
(it's not abandoned... just that for the last entire week when I try to log on PC, I get memory error or PC is down in one way or another -_-; PC's lowered accessibility is really that's making me visit this place less and less. Guess PC has too much traffic XD)

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Spell Cards:

Name: Rabbit's Hole
Effect: Tribute 1 "Loli Pop" monster to activate this card. Both players draw cards until their hands have 5. Special Summon all Level 3 monsters and send the remaining cards to the Graveyard.

Name: Super Cost Down
Effect: Discard any number of cards from your hand. Downgrade the Levels of all monsters on the field by the same number of cards discarded until the end of the turn.

Thought up of an ending for Michel and Eri's duel and kind of need Cost Down's effect to do it. ^^;

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Rabbit's Hole: Well, as I already stated in the OOC thread, it's looking fair enough now. If you want to Dark World abuse this you have to run a pretty wonky deck. XD

Super Cost Down: Not really viewing it as Cost Down since it doesn't do anything for the cards in your hand (which, you know, kind of was the point with Cost Down); maybe have it work with all cards in your hand as well? With such a heft cost it would hardly be overpowered. :3

Aaand...PC downtimes do strange things to my imagination, yes they do. XD

Runic Fiend - An
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Light
1600 Atk / 1900 Def

During either player's turn, if this face-up card is on your Field, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent then check one face-down card your opponent controls for each card revealed by this effect. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Runic Fiend - El

Rock/Effect
2 Star/Fire
1200 Atk / 700 Def

During either player's turn, if this face-up card is on your Field, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent then inflict 300 Damage to your opponent for each card revealed by this effect. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Runic Fiend - Och
Rock/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1000 Atk / 2200 Def

During either player's turn, if this card is face-up on your Field, you can reveal a number of cards from your Hand to your opponent equal to the Level of a Monster that was Summoned this turn to switch that Monster into Defense Position. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Runic Fiend - Mi
Rock/Effect
2 Star/Wind
800 Atk / 1400 Def

During either player's turn, if this face-up card is on your Field, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent the return one card from your Field to the owner's Hand for each card revealed by this effect. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Runic Fiend - Ti
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Water
1500 Atk / 1600 Def

During either player's turn, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent to reduce the Atk and Def of all Monsters your opponent controls by 100 for each card revealed until the end of the turn. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Elochtimian the Runic Horror
Rock/Effect
12 Star/Dark
3000 Atk / 3000 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending five "Runic Fiend" cards with different Attributes from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard. By removing one Rock Type Monster in your Graveyard from play, change the Attribute of this card to the Attribute of the removed Monster. Your opponent can not Summon or activate the Effects of any Monster(s) with the same Attribute as this card.

Runic Circle

Field Spell

When a "Runic Fiend" Monster would be destroyed or discarded, you can pay 500 Life Points to place it in your Spell and Trap Card Zone instead (treated as a Continuous Spell Card). When this card would be removed from the Field, destroy one "Runic Beast" card placed in your Spell and Trap Card Zone instead. Monsters with the same Attribute as a "Runic Beast" Card in your Spell and Trap Card Zone can not attack you directly.

Rune of Counterpoise
Counter Trap

When your opponent activates the effect of an Effect Monster, you can reveal one "Runic" Monster with the same Attribute as that Monster from your Hand to negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. The card revealed by this effect remains revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Last edited:

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
I'll see how I can check your cards, however I warn you... I'm not good at playing a childrens card game.

Cards originally posted by Alter Ego:

Runic Fiend - An
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Light
1600 Atk / 1900 Def

During either player's turn, if this face-up card is on your Field, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent then check one of face-down card your opponent controls for each card revealed by this effect. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

This made my brain hurt... But then I figured it out, it might have not enough stars, I'd figure it be at 4 stars. The effect is pretty solid though.

Runic Fiend - El
Rock/Effect
2 Star/Fire
1200 Atk / 700 Def

During either player's turn, if this face-up card is on your Field, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent then inflict 300 Damage to your opponent for each card revealed by this effect. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

The stars on this monster are better, it's not overpowered and has a legal sounding effect.

Runic Fiend - Och
Rock/Effect
2 Star/Earth
1000 Atk / 2200 Def

During either player's turn, if this card is face-up on your Field, you can reveal a number of cards from your Hand to your opponent equal to the Level of a Monster that was Summoned this turn to switch that Monster into Defense Position. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

The level is WAY off balanced... thats either a three or four, leaning towards 4. The effect is good, might be a little underpowered...maybe.

Runic Fiend - Mi
Rock/Effect
2 Star/Wind
800 Atk / 1400 Def

During either player's turn, if this face-up card is on your Field, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent the return one card from your Field to the owner's Hand for each card revealed by this effect. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Perfect, the level is right, it's a balanced card...as far as I know..

Runic Fiend - Ti
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Water
1500 Atk / 1600 Def

During either player's turn, you can reveal any number of cards from your Hand to your opponent to reduce the Atk and Def of all Monsters your opponent controls by 100 for each card revealed until the end of the turn. The card(s) revealed by this effect remain revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

This could be real useful, but thats a level 4 monster for sure. I like the theme you have going on.

Elochtimian the Runic Horror
Rock/Effect
12 Star/Dark
3000 Atk / 3000 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by sending five "Runic Fiend" cards with different Attributes from your Hand or Field to the Graveyard. By removing one Rock Type Monster in your Graveyard from play, change the Attribute of this card to the Attribute of the removed Monster. Your opponent can not Summon or activate the Effects of any Monster(s) with the same Attribute as this card.

Okay, this is more like it, the effect is just and fair...if not almost impossibly difficult to pull off. And then it's got a nice attribute effect.

Runic Circle
Field Spell

When a "Runic Fiend" Monster would be destroyed or discarded, you can pay 500 Life Points to place it in your Spell and Trap Card Zone instead (treated as a Continuous Spell Card). When this card would be removed from the Field, destroy one card placed in your Spell and Trap Card Zone by this effect instead. Monsters with the same Attribute as a card placed in your Spell and Trap Card Zone by this card's effect can not attack you directly.

I don't see any problem with this one...

Rune of Counterpoise
Counter Trap

When your opponent activates the effect of an Effect Monster, you can reveal one "Runic" Monster with the same Attribute as that Monster from your Hand to negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it. The card revealed by this effect remains revealed until the End Phase of your next turn.

Okay, also kind of difficult to pull off, but flawless.

Okay, thats my view. But...you might want better help then me...

My cards:

Clouds Above
Field Magic Card

Increase the ATK and DEF of all Fairy type monsters by 300 points.

Sacred Wings
Equipt magic card

Increase the ATK of the Fairy type monster equipt by this by 700 points.

The Divine Wind
Trap Card

Option 1. Destroy all Dark attribute monsters on the field.
Option 2. Destroy all of your opponents Magic or Trap cards on his or her side of the field.

Jadon the Arch-Angel
Fairy/Effect
7 Stars/Light
2600 ATK/ 2000 DEF

Effect: This card can only be special summoned by tributing two light attribute monsters off your side of the field. When this monster inflicts damage to your opponents lifepoints directly you may take one fairy type monster from your deck and put it in your hand.

Angel of Friendship
Fairy/Fusion
5 Stars/Light
2000 ATK/ 2100 DEF

The Shining Friendship + Petit Angel

The Angelic King of Heavens
Fairy/Fusion/Effect
12 Stars/Light
4700 ATK/ 4500 DEF

Shinato King of a higher plane + St. Joan + Wingweaver : Effect: Whenever this card is summomed to the field, add 1 " Clouds above" Card to your hand. For every Fairy type card in your graveyard, increase the ATK or DEF points of this monster by 100. This card can only be destroyed by a Dark Attribute monster.

Handmirror of the Vain
Trap card

Effect: Flip a coin, if it lands on heads then decrease the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field by 1000. If it lands on tails, then destroy every monster on the field.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
This made my brain hurt... But then I figured it out, it might have not enough stars, I'd figure it be at 4 stars. The effect is pretty solid though.

It was four-star originally, but then I figured that neither the stats nor the effect is really earth-shattering. Sure, peeking at face-downs is handy, but 1600 Atk and 1900 Def are nothing that spectacular. This is hardly in the same league as Stratos, Zombie Master, and pals, so I went for three stars. :O

The level is WAY off balanced... thats either a three or four, leaning towards 4. The effect is good, might be a little underpowered...maybe.

True, Och is arguably the strongest of these five since it not only walls with a vengeance but can also place would-be beatsticks into...ahem, compromising positions, one might say. XD

Ehh...I originally demoted him because I thought it would be fitting to have Elochtimian's combined tributes have a level total of 12. *Shrug* Probably going to rectify that.

Perfect, the level is right, it's a balanced card...as far as I know..

Really? When I looked at these, Mi actually looked like it was vying with Och for the position of 'most exploitable' due to the stuff it can do with Runic Circle. =O

This could be real useful, but thats a level 4 monster for sure. I like the theme you have going on.

Beg to disagree on this one. If any of these is really four-star then it's Och. Ti can only really eat up a few hundred points with its effect most of the time, at least if you don't get a kick out of tipping your entire hand to your opponent all the time, and it's hardly what one would call solid on either front. D:

Okay, this is more like it, the effect is just and fair...if not almost impossibly difficult to pull off. And then it's got a nice attribute effect.

Without support? Yeah, summoning it that way is crazily expensive (-4 CA, plus specific card assembly). If you use Runic Circle, however, any beasts you preserve in your spell and trap card zone are also fair game since they're still 'Runic Beast cards'. :3

Clouds Above: Meh, it's yet another lackluster field in lieu of Yami, Wasteland, Forest, and Goodness knows what else. So not worth it unless we have something really big that needs this to work. ><

Sacred Wings: That would be "Increase the Atk of a Fairy Type Monster equipped with this card by 700". Worthless, because it is hopelessly overshadowed by Axe of Despair and United We Stand among many others already. Equip can be good, but only if it accomplishes something besides a lackluster attack boost.

The Divine Wind: "Select and activate one of the following: - Destroy all DARK Monsters on the Field. - Destroy all Spell and Trap cards your opponent controls". More broken than a teacup smashed by Chuck Norris. Harpie's Feather Duster is sitting squarely on that banlist for a good reason; I don't see why a chainable Feather Duster with a side-order of Lightning Vortex against one of the top decks in the format would be treated any differently.

Jadon the Arch-Angel: Second effect would be "When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent as the result of a direct attack, add one Fairy Type Monster from your Deck to your Hand.". Ehh...decent enough effect and stats, but two light is pretty expensive. Odds are that, with a comparable amount of effort, we could summon Goyo Guardian already, and I maintain that Goyo > this, since it's synchro and thus always at hand as long as the required materials are, not to mention that it builds immediate field presence rather than just filling up your hand. Decent enough card for a Freed-based deck, I suppose, but it requires a very specific kind of build to be played effectively and might be a bit too slow now that synchros are entering the scene too.

Angel of Friendship: Kind of wimpy fusion from weak materials. There's no point whatsoever in trying to fusion summon for this, but if we drop it with Instant Fusion we have some decent material to summon Avenging Knight Parshath, so I suppose it has its uses.

The Angelic King of Heavens: "When this card is Summoned successfully, add one "Clouds Above" from your Deck to your Hand. For every Fairy type Monster in your Graveyard, increase the ATK or DEF of this card by 100.". Just make that Atk and Def, please. The hassle of working out a permanent effect with a decision making process in it is just not worth the bother. Then again, you can really just drop the boost effect to begin with since it's really, really tiny whereas this guy is just plain huge. As it currently stands, that effect means that you can't effect blast this with any spell or trap, or even effect monsters that aren't dark. Which is...kind of much. x.O

Still, trying to make an even halfway consistent deck with those fusion materials in it is already difficult in the extreme (I would even hazard a shot at impossible).

Handmirror of the Vain: So, it's fifty-fifty for huge power boost and Dark Hole reborn? The controversy of those two effects is appealing in a way (if you try to maximize your gain from one, you are liable to get bitten hard by the other). I'm...finding it difficult to make a call on this one, actually. XD

Smiling Fortune
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Light
300 Atk / 200 Def

When the effect of a card that involves a coin toss is activated, you can send this card from your Hand to the Graveyard to decide the result of that coin toss.

Slot Synchron
Machine/Tuner/Effect
3 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 1800 Def

Once per turn, you can toss three coins. For each Heads, increase the Level of this card by one until the end of the turn. For each tails, reduce the level of this card by one until the end of the turn. If all three results are tails, destroy this card. If all three results are heads and this card is sent to the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon this turn, the Synchro Summoned Monster gains 1000 Atk until the end of the turn.

Okay, I think I just broke the ugly out of that aforementioned with the first one of these. XD

Last edited:

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
i'd make these cards
112am54.jpg
w6y6a.jpg

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
how do you make a card??????????????????

Not really the point of this topic. Anyway, just take a piece of cardboard and draw to your heart's content, or use one of those random card generators out on the intraweb, or submit something to a card making contest and hope you win, you know...whatever method you want to use. But like I said, that's not the point of this thread. Just a card concept is perfectly fine.

Lucario: Eww...spelling errors and bad wording. Anyway, totally broken as it's an infinitely self-reviving 3000-Atk beatstick, available for...one tribute? >< Get out of here. Balance, plz.

Aura: Again, the wording is totally out of whack. Also, this is the most self-defeating card ever. Whenever you play it, it will just flip itself face-down again, because the effect specifies every card on the field, and since it's face-down it won't be able to apply the rest of its effect. Which is good, because that one is so broken it's not even funny. :<

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
Years
lucario is alright, aura says all cards on opponents field, i was going to make it just an equiped card for lucario, I Know theres spelling mistakes and stuff, its just that i made it in a rush and stuff lmao

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Y'know...you could just post the description of the card(s) now and then add the pictures later on. What the card does being the more important thing here anyway. x3

Like so:

Lucky Pick
Normal Spell

Select one card from your Deck and your opponent draws one card. Your opponent declares two card types (Spell, Trap, or Monster). If the card you selected is of a type that your opponent declared, return the card to your Deck. If not, add the card you selected to your Hand.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Lucky Pick
Normal Spell

Select one card from your Deck and your opponent draws one card. Your opponent declares two card types (Spell, Trap, or Monster). If the card you selected is of a type that your opponent declared, return the card to your Deck. If not, add the card you selected to your Hand.

Oh, you and your mindgames. The first thing that comes to mind is Appropriate, but I don't know if it would work with the timing. Anyway, the normal games with this are just evil, but having a Jinzo or the like on the field could make this absolutely evil in guessing, second-guessing, and so on.

And, just to add in a random idea:

Carbun Ni
3 Stars/WIND
Beast/Effect
ATK 1200/DEF 800
Increase this monster's ATK by 500 whenever it destroys a monster as a result of battle. If this monster would be targeted and/or destroyed by a card effect, you may decrease its ATK by 300 to negate the effect of that card and destroy it.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Nice cards. My card ideas wouldn't be one card, but a series of them. My ideas are the God Droids, these are the main 3:

God Droid - Zeus
8 stars/Light
Machine
ATK:3000 DEF:3000

God Droid - Hades
6 stars/Dark
Machine/Effect
ATK:0 DEF:0
Effect: If the card this monster attacks is a machine, destroy it in the damage step. If this card is attacked, you may remove one card from your Graveyard from play to remove this card from play. It is Special Summoned in your next Standby Phase.

God Droid - Poseidon
6 stars/Water
Machine/Effect
ATK:0 DEF:0
Effect: This cards original attack and Def becomes equal to the monster that was tributed to summon this card. If Umi is on the field, this card may attack your opponents Life Points Directly.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
helllooooooooooooo kids :3

Lucky Pick- evil draw, and appropriate probably missed the timing since the last effect of the card is either the player keeping a card or returning the draw to the deck. Still pretty hard to guess it at times. At least calling monster/spell tends to be the save call. At least for traps you know that it has to be set first =o

Carbun Ni- isn't it a bit too weak being trampled even by recruiters to start... against gladiator beasts' era on top of fast synchro of gunk warrior and stardust and friends, probably not a good choice =/

God Droid Zeus- there better be support or reason to run this vanilla =o

God Droid Hades- not sure why we run this >< its wording will cause replays so it doesn't even block anything for you but save its own butt...

God Droid Poseidon- just run the 1700 tank thingie that works with legendary ocean to be lv 3, and save the tributing problem all together. Poseidon's atk power isn't going to be worth the tribute if that's its only effect ><

still need to update myself on the latest set to get a good feel of the new balance... gah so much things to do lately >_<;

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
There is a reason for the weakness of the God Droids, and I need to edit Hades, I admit. They all can fuse with other god Droids (I made a series) to get better. I'll post them tomorrow.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Yeah, Appropriate is crewed because the order of the effects. Sorry. XD

Carbun Ni: Yeah, a bit tough to get this thing started, especially since this doesn't get much love on type or attribute support either. Maybe make it, like 1450 Atk or something, just to be mean to recruiters?

And...I must say that those must be some pretty crazy fusions to justify using these things, especially now that the far faster (and more flexible) synchros are out. Zeus can play the role of Blue-Eyes in those vanilla recursion type decks, I suppose, but that's about it. :\

Oh, and while we're talking synchros...

Lady Luck
Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
9 Star/Light
2900 Atk / 2700 Def
1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters

Once per turn, select one of the following effects then roll a six-sided die twice:
- Increase the Atk and Def of all Monsters you control by 100 x the first result and reduce the Atk and Def of all Monsters your opponent controls by 100 x the second result until the end of the turn.
- Destroy all Monsters with a Level equal to either result.
- Pick up a number of cards from the top of your Deck equal to the first result, then Special Summon as many Monsters with a Level equal to the second result as possible and return the rest of the cards to your Deck in their original order.

Oh, and a slight modification to an earlier one.

Smiling Fortune
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Light
500 Atk / 200 Def

By sending this card from your Hand to the Graveyard, you can decide the result of one coin toss or die roll.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
Lady Luck: ...Yeah, sheer luck. The only effect that's actually liable to do anything for you immediately is the first one, but ATK/DEF changes are so...commonplace today.

Smiling Fortune: ...Meh. Really, there isn't much I can say about this.

Carbun Ni- isn't it a bit too weak being trampled even by recruiters to start... against gladiator beasts' era on top of fast synchro of gunk warrior and stardust and friends, probably not a good choice =/

Carbun Ni: Yeah, a bit tough to get this thing started, especially since this doesn't get much love on type or attribute support either. Maybe make it, like 1450 Atk or something, just to be mean to recruiters?

No, the choice of ATK was quite purposeful. Besides, it'll still work with Ojama Trio, which also goes somewhat well with the set:

Carbun Ck
4 Stars/EARTH
Rock/Effect
800 ATK/1900 DEF
If this face-down monster would be targeted and/or destroyed by a card effect, flip it face-up (Battle Position does not change) to negate the card effect and destroy it. Then, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 700.

Carbun Ch
4 Stars/DARK
Machine/Effect
1600 ATK/900 DEF
If this card battles with a FIRE- or LIGHT-attribute monster, increase its ATK by 800 before Damage Calculation. This effect can only be activated once per turn.

Carbun Pressurizer
5 Stars/EARTH
Warrior/Tuner/Effect
2150 ATK/1600 DEF
When this card is successfully Tribute Summoned, you may add 1 Spell Card with "Carbun" in its name from your Graveyard to your hand. Increase this monster's DEF by 200 for every "Carbun" monster on the field.

Shining Diamond Dragon
12 Stars/LIGHT
Dragon/Synchro/Effect
3400 ATK/2800 DEF
"Carbun Pressurizer" + 1 or more non-tuner "Carbun" monsters
All monsters on your field deal piercing damage. Any increases in ATK and DEF caused by the effect of a "Carbun" monster are increased by 200. In addition, once per turn, you may add 1 Level 4 or lower "Carbun" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Carbun Decay
Normal Spell
Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total amount that all "Carbun" monsters on the field have increased their ATK and DEF by their own effects.

Carbun Effort
Equip Spell
Equip only to a "Carbun" monster. The equipped monster may attack twice during each Battle Phase. Double the amount the equipped monster's ATK and DEF increase by its own effect while equipped with this card.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Smiling Fortune: ...Meh. Really, there isn't much I can say about this.

Not much? You've never wanted to just wipe away your opponent's field with Time Wizard without a care in the world? Or guarantee the indomitable walling ability of Arcana Force 0 - the Fool? Or up the paralysis factor of Sasuke Samurai #4 by another notch? Or really screw your opponent over with Fairy Box? XD Or...okay, so I've been wanting to make an at least semi-workable gamble deck, just once. (so I have weird aspirations, sue me)

No, the choice of ATK was quite purposeful. Besides, it'll still work with Ojama Trio, which also goes somewhat well with the set

Except, you know, tokens are just about the only thing you'll get to hit with it, and even after it gets something killed, it's still small enough to be stepped on by Laquari or Stratos. I kind of wouldn't want to build my entire deck on the back of a single limited card, you know? I guess it works with Shrink, though.

Carbun Ck: Mean to Gyzarus, Dark Armed and Judgment Dragon. Really mean. Random Snipe Hunters also have it coming. Wow, the more I look at this the more it starts resembling Big Shield Gardna on steroids. x.x

Carbun Ch: Lightsworn hate? It's an easy answer to an untimely Cyber Dragon and can smack the standard lightsworn (or the occasional Prisma) around, I suppose, but unless one of those is around you're out of luck, since most big beaters just laugh and trample it and ith as nothing to use against them. Kind of meh card.

Carbun Pressurizer: So, we like our tuners humungous, do we? Well, it has a monarch-style tribute-compensation effect, though - I note - precisely 50 more Atk to run the former over. The Def boost is basically moot, as it will hardly become impressive unless your run a full field of monsters.

Shining Diamond Dragon: So, not only do we get an enormous beatstick with minimal effort (since any of the Carbuns + Pressurizer handily makes up 10 stars), we also get piercing damage for all and raised attack and defense boosts? Just like that? Not to mention free CA to boot?

This...is just a bit cheap, to be honest. Too many effects and too big stats for something that's so simple to summon. :\

Carbun Decay: That wording looks a bit...funky to me. Anyway, this already creates problems with Pressurizer since that one has a continuous boost effect. What if we summon one Carbun monster, tribute it away or destroy it, then summon another? Will this count it as Pressurizer having gained Def again when the new monster is summoned or not? Also, majorly cheap in combo with Diamond Dragon and that eqip spell I spy over yonder as just one boost to Ch in this setup immediately translates to 3200 points of burn in addition to a LR-friendly beatstick of epic proportions.

Carbun Effort: and speaking of this...wow, absolutely crazy. So not only are we attacking twice (just slap this one mr.diamonds over there and it's already Cyber Twin on steroids), but Ni, Ch or Ck immediately go crazy if they trigger their effects even once? Not to mention Decay. And just imagine this in multiples. Broken, kthx.

Hmm...something randomish for a change.

Crystal Reaver
Beast/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1700 Atk / 600 Def

When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, place two Deflection Counters on it. Whenever this card battles or is targeted by a card effect, remove one Deflection Counter from it. When this card destroys a Monster by Battle, place one Deflection Counter on it. While there is at least one Deflection Counter on this card, this card can not be destroyed.

Back