• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Frontier!

Years
The Battle Frontier has brought us many different facilities over the years and a great way to spend the post-game, where players can attempt to take out the Frontier Brains and generally enjoy the different ways of battling that the Frontier provides, unfortunately it's been absent of late. So what was your favourite version of the Battle Frontier, and would you like to see it return in future games?

Years
I'd say favorite version would be the Platinum battle frontier. I liked all 5 modes, especially the battle factory. It was great coupled with the competitive advances generation 4 bought. I'd really like to have it brought back, instead of the same battle tower clone.

Game freak you could have done this in ORAS ;_;

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I honestly can't believe ORAS doesn't feature a Battle Frontier. It also wasn't in GS yet they incorporated both Crystal changes and Gen IV BF into HgSs.

For me its definitely the Emerald frontier. Although I would happily trade the Battle Palace for Battle Hall - my favourite of the new additions in Gen IV - as the former is just terrible.

I haven't gotten a 3DS so my last pokémon game was Black 2 (which was slightly buggy which held me up until I ended up going on a year abroad and so never completed), but if I were to ever buy a future game I would absolutely want to see the Battle Frontier return.

Years
The Emerald frontier is definitely my favourite, I spent countless hours there on my original save and managed to take out a few of the Frontier Brains. My favourite facility was probably the Battle Factory, I loved how we were given different Pokemon to battle with and could swap them out, it was sure unique! I really hope the Battle Frontier returns someday and think that it's a feature that the post-games need to make them really fun again.

Guest123123

I prefer the Emerald frontier. Along with the facilities in general I also prefer the designs of the Hoenn Frontier Brains to the Sinnoh ones.

My favorite facility is probably the Battle Dome, and although they could be frustrating at times, I also enjoyed the exploration aspects of the Battle Pike and Battle Pyramid. It was pretty neat that they weren't just straightforward battling or battling with a gimmick like the other facilities (not that there's anything wrong with those, it was just cool to see).

My favorite Frontier Brain is Anabel, with Lucy as a close second. Lucy used to be my favorite until Anabel showed up in SM with a new design and an interesting role involving the Ultra Beasts.

I'd definitely like to see the Battle Frontier return in the future, but I'm not sure how likely it is since the reason given for it not returning in ORAS was that they thought since kids go from game to game pretty quickly, they wouldn't spend much time doing the Battle Frontier.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I've only tried the Frontier in Plat and HG...so I guess that's my favourite?

Honestly, as much as I'd like to see a new Battle Frontier, I doubt it's comming back. From what I've heard, the main reason it was excluded from ORAS was because there wasn't enough space in the game to have it. So unless a future gaming console that could give games tons of stuff happens, it's unlikely we'd see a new Battle Frontier, which is fine with me since most post games you will have something to do.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
I have to go along with the popular answer, Pokémon Platinum's Battle Frontier.

The Battle Factory was something that I could not stop messing around with. Easily the most iconic Battle Frontier at least for me.

Back