• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TvTropes Fan Club

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
lampshade_logo_blue.png

Welcome, fellow tropers, to the TvTropes Fan Club!

All are welcome to discuss the website TvTropes and all of its various tropes. You can rant about how you think the description of a trope is misleading, you can discuss how wildly Your Mileage May Vary on a certain trope, or you can get advice on how you should phrase an example. This will be like PokeCommunity's own little TvTropes Editing Community!

In order to help members feel a little individualized, all members will be listed here, along with a trope of your choice! Pick a trope that you think is hilarious, is deeply meaningful to you, or represents what kind of person you are! As of now, there are no limitations on how many people can choose the same trope, so feel free to pick any trope you want!

RULES:
1. Rudeness isn't cool, please be cool when responding to others.
2. Please do not spam our club.
3. Stay on topic, if there is one. If there isn't a topic, feel free to create one, but please let me know so I can edit the topic of the week in the main post. ^__^

Members:
Pikapal642 :: Good Bad Bugs
TheSmartOne :: Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking
Neiko Star :: Beware the Nice Ones
Rainy Day :: Magnificent Bastard
Nutella ::
Ambiguously Gay

Para-Dox :: Getting Crap Past The Radar
I Like Pokemon (...) :: The Linus

Pachy :: Gender Bender
Merciless Cremator :: Badass
Åzurε
:: Mad Mathematician

TOPIC OF THE WEEK:

What do you think of the decision to change "It Just Bugs Me" to "Headscratchers"?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Aha! I've been waiting~

I think I'll take Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking. I've always found this trope to be particularly amusing, especially when implemented in an exemplary manner.

I was very tempted to take Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence, but I reached the conclusion that I do not like it as much. Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking has just so many more possibilities to it, and I like to use it in writing. It's very fun.

-Jared-

Years
Anna! :D

I think I will take this moment to explain mine...I chose Good Bad Bugs because I love how, when playing a video game, I can exploit the programmers mistakes to my own advantage. XD I also like trying to imagine my characters reactions to, say, the Item Duplication glitch in Final Fantasy III DS:

Luneth: Hey...guys? I thought we only had two elixirs...?
Arc: Yeah, we did. Why?
*opens bag to see 99 Elixirs*
All: 0_________0

Yeah. Lots of fun right there. :D

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
Can I join? 8D I love TV Tropes. Every time I finish a series, I go check it out on TV Tropes and see what's interesting. XD

My favorite trope is probably Beware the Nice Ones. Just because I loooooove characters that can spout gallons of murderous intent while smiling innocently. Okay yeah, I like sociopaths. :X I love it when a character (preferably a main one) turns out to be not so nice.

-Jared-

Years
Neiko Star, Rainy Day, you are both accepted! :D (Yay more members! XD)

...I am slightly nervous about Rainy Day though...>__>

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh, we have a Magnificent Bastard in out midst? No worries, I'm used to those~

I'm not so sure about someone fond of the sociopathic...

-Jared-

Years
Used to Magnificent Bastards? What kind of crowd do you hang around? 0__o XD

Also, there is a new topic of the week! I will post my thoughts later...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm used to Havelock Vetinari is all. ^_^

What do you think of the decision to change "It Just Bugs Me" to "Headscratchers"?
I think Headscratchers makes more sense, since the thing in question oftentimes isn't really bothersome, just more puzzling.

-Jared-

Years
Yeah, and it seemed that people were using the pages for complaining. :\ Changing it to Headscratchers will hopefully change that attitude.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ooh, guys, look what's on the WMG page for Black and White:

"The above troper isn't going high enough. The Legendary Dragon Pokemon of this region (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem) are based on American Politics.

In the backstory of Unova - brothers (the Founding Fathers) founded a united country with the help of a Pokemon (the continent of North America). However, they differed because one brother believed that only Truth (as in Religious Truth or perhaps practicality and cynicism over ideals) was important, and his half of the Pokemon became Republican/Conservative Reshiram. Fire as an energy source is conservative and traditional, and do I even need to point out the symbolism of it being white? The other brother believed that only Ideals (good ideas with no real way to implement them) should rule the country, creating Democratic/Liberal Zekrom. Electricity as an energy source is new and modern. And it's black - say no more. The dragons battled with each other, creating a great divide in the country (the Civil War) that has still not healed.
Left in the dust was Kyurem, the Gray Ice Dragon, who as a moderate, is so frozen by indecision that it cannot support either Reshiram or Zekrom, and thus represents being unable to accomlpish anything in modern America. Thus it is represented by it being frozen to a stand-still in a cave, because of America's polarized politics since the Great Southern Strategy that widened the split from the civil war decades ago that continues to send messages to Americans that there shall be no compromise in the rule of the country.
It's actually very clever and biting satire if you think about it."

Brilliant.

-Jared-

Years
Great idea! I'm so in. The most amusing trope for me?

Ambiguously Gay

TheSmartOne beat me to it. I agree with her on this.

Welcome to the club Nutella! I hope you enjoy it here. :3

Ooh, guys, look what's on the WMG page for Black and White:

"The above troper isn't going high enough. The Legendary Dragon Pokemon of this region (Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem) are based on American Politics.

In the backstory of Unova - brothers (the Founding Fathers) founded a united country with the help of a Pokemon (the continent of North America). However, they differed because one brother believed that only Truth (as in Religious Truth or perhaps practicality and cynicism over ideals) was important, and his half of the Pokemon became Republican/Conservative Reshiram. Fire as an energy source is conservative and traditional, and do I even need to point out the symbolism of it being white? The other brother believed that only Ideals (good ideas with no real way to implement them) should rule the country, creating Democratic/Liberal Zekrom. Electricity as an energy source is new and modern. And it's black - say no more. The dragons battled with each other, creating a great divide in the country (the Civil War) that has still not healed.
Left in the dust was Kyurem, the Gray Ice Dragon, who as a moderate, is so frozen by indecision that it cannot support either Reshiram or Zekrom, and thus represents being unable to accomlpish anything in modern America. Thus it is represented by it being frozen to a stand-still in a cave, because of America's polarized politics since the Great Southern Strategy that widened the split from the civil war decades ago that continues to send messages to Americans that there shall be no compromise in the rule of the country.
It's actually very clever and biting satire if you think about it."

Brilliant.

Ahhh spoilers. >__> But anyways, that is awesome. And thanks for sharing it here! I never really thought of using the club to share stuff like this with others, that's a good idea!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Those aren't spoilers, the only things mentioned are the legendaries what we all know about. >__> And the story what is basic.

I find WMG pages to be quite amazing. <3

-Jared-

Years
I consider anything about BW spoilerish, considering I don't have them yet. XD

I would have to agree on that. I am always disappointed when there isn't a WMG page for something. XD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
ZOMG!!!!! A TVtropes club is here. <3

Uhh.. my favorite trope is Getting Carp Under The Radar because I'm nuts about subliminal messages for some reason.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Totally joining.
I am... The Linus. Only because I'm always "that smart kid" in any kind of rps and stuff.

I don't really mind. It Just Bugs Me implies "I am annoyed by something" while Headscratchers implies "this confuses me".
Brilliant.
And totally over-reading it :p

-Jared-

Years
Welcome to the club, Para-Dox and Ilpeh! I was wondering if you'd join Ilpeh. :P

Also, looking at the Linus page, I lol'ed so hard at "Not to be confused with Ben Linus." XD

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I love the Fanfic Recs page. Too bad not many series have one...

I like reading Nightmare Fuel as well. :X

Back