• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Pokémon won you the Elite Four in B/W

Years
My lineup at the time was:

- Samurott Lv 70
- Darmanitan Lv70
- Krookodile Lv 70
- Hax0rus Lv 75

Needless to say the rest were a waste because Haxorus swept everything with help of a few ethers to replenish Dragon Claw's PP.

Ultimo1991

Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 19, 2023
my first playthrough of bac/white my team was as follows

-Galvantula lvl 80
-Bisharp lvl 81
-Golurk lvl 82
-Braviary lvl 81
-Beartic lvl 82
-Hydreigon lvl 83
(yes i did some intense training i always do this on my first playthough of pokemon games that way im more then prepared anyways only useful one really were my Hydreigon and Golurk the rest were just there... for nothing... xD!)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
My playthrough team was this:

Emboar
Bisharp
Beartic
Eelektross
Excadrill
Resh for the last battles

The poke that truly saved me alot was Eelektross, one of my favorite 5th gen pokes! :D

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
For Alder:

My prized lv100 Bisharp <3

Though it was only lv68 at the time. I had actually just bred and traded one from white to black and used it as my starter. It was the last member alive on my team.

For Ghetsis:

Again, Bisharp.

Though I had kinda arranged that one xD...

EDIT:

Didn't realize this was the entire team.(thought it was just the one that finished them off)

For Ghetsis:

Bisharp
Empoleon
Darmantian
Snorlax
Reshiram

Yeah I didnt use many pokemon you can get without trading.....

For Alder:

Bisharp
Empoleon
Magmortar
Raichu
Venusaur

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Cant quite remember who it was and how I downed the last of the E4 teams.

I do remember my Zebstrika acting as a sacrifice numerous times. And Audino giving Shauntal a royal beat-down, surprisingly. Darmanitan and Simipour were my real beasts though. If I leveled them enough I'm sure I could of went with just those two. And Serperior and Garbador were like the backup guys. Bright Powder and Stench worked well for some reason.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
My prized Archeops, who just HAPPENED to have the Adamant Nature when I got it from the fossil. Too easy. He also thankfully had Dragonclaw to one-hit KO Ghetsis' Hydreigon, so I didn't have to deal with it's nasty moves. Didn't have to use many other pokemon rather than him.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The last E4 I battled the first time was Marshal so the Pokemon I used to beat him was Braviary. But this was my team against Elite Four.
Serperior lv 57
-Leaf Tornado
- Cut
Leaf Blade
-Giga Drain
Scrafty lv. 53 (Aiden)
- Rock Climb
- Rock Smash
- Hi Jump Kick
- Rock Smash
- Crunch
Braviary lv. 57
- Crush Claw
- Fly
- Sky Drop
- Air Slash
Carracosta -Lv. 56
-Surf
-Rock Slide
-Aqua Tail
-Wide Guard
Krookodile lv 52
- Dig
- Strength
- Foul Play
- Bulldoze
Zweilous lv. 55
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Pulse
- Body Slam
- Scary Face

When I defeated Ghetsis I had Zweilous in my PC and replaced it with Zekrom.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
A level ~65 Weavile won me almost the entire thing...

The only time I used other Pokemon was for Marshal, because of Weavile's 4x weakness and Marshal's sturdy Pokemon. I just feather dance'd the crap put of Sawk with Unfezant, and continued my sweep after a few Swords Dances.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
First challenge, these guys were at Lv58
The second time (with Alder) they were Lv79.

Archeops
Samurott
Liepard
Golurk
Lilligant
Eelektross

Fortunately Ice wasn't a big factor... three of 'em were weak to it.

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
Years
Can't be bothered to list my whole team so i'll just say the Pokémon I used a lot during the Elite Four:

My Dragon Dance Scrafty.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Pokemon that shined (and beat) the E4 was surprisingly...NOT a legendary! It was my L66 Mienshao. At first I was very doubtful about my team surviving the E4, but I'm quite happy that Mienshao and its moves were powerful against the whole E4. It even managed to go through the Psychic E4, Caitlin! /happy :)

Years
Emboar, Seismetoad, Cryogenal, Hydregion, Musharna, and Zekrom....that was in my old save file of Pokemon White version. I think I played as the boy that time. ^_^'

I might use Victini to breeze through in my Black version this time. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Scrafty. Literally it is the only useful Pokemon at all when it comes to the Elite Four. I was told that for my first playthrough and didn't follow the advice, didn't the second time, finally did the third time, and I was so appleased it was successful!! :) Just needed a psychic or a flying type though tbh, which I seemed to not have. :x Oh yeah, level 100 Herdier/Audino also can work against Alder in particular. XD
See, by the time the E4 came around, I HATED my Scrafty. I just wanted it to be quicker and stronger and more deserving of its awesome typing. Had I realised how awesome Mienshao was before I fought the E4 for the first time, I'd have ditched Scrafty in an instant.

My E4 team consisted of the aforementioned Scrafty, Samurott (bleh!), Sigilyph (kinda cool), Galvantula (OMG NO! So weak!), Excadrill (OMG YES! So strong) and Darmanitan (kinda cool). I believe I swapped out Galvantula for Reshiram when fighting Alder, and it was probably Reshiram that helped in that final battle against Hydreigon of all things.

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
I leveled my Zweilous to lv.55 and it did a pretty good job of things.

Then I resorted to using my level 100 event Reshiram to take out Ghetsis because I failed horribly at it. Now it has unwanted EVs I can't clear due to the American berry shortage D:<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't really remember how, since it's been so long, but my winning team was:

Ani503MS.png
Ani560MS.png
Ani579MS.png

Ani637MS.png
Ani589MS.png
Ani628MS.png

Scrafty, Reuniclus, and Escavalier were really the hardcore players in beating them!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I remember Chandelure took out most of the E4 by itself in my first playthrough which amazed me because it was really underlevelled compared to the rest of my team. I think Archeops did the same thing in my third playthrough.

On my second playthrough, I'm pretty sure my team was very evenly matched and nothing really took the spotlight over anything else.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
My very first time beating the E4 I had this party:
Emolga, Beheeyem, Zekrom, Virizion, Emboar and Swanna.

The hardest pokemon I had to face was Ghetsis' Hydregion by far, but facing Ghetsis was my favorite battle in the game.

On a side note, I was really surprised how well my Emolga (Minipete) worked out. He was fast and powerful.

Back