• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 3, 2012
Hey, I'd like to join~!
Mainly because I was so surprised to see asexual as part of the opening list, I'm not used to seeing my orientation used correctly. Especially with the "romantic attraction" bit.
So used to people defining asexual as "not liking anyone/anything".

So used.

Also seeing demisexual used properly is a huge plus.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
This is my first time posting for this club. I love the idea of it. I come from a semi-closed mind family. So I keep to myself alot. I've been with a girls before and guys. I don't think i'm bisexual. i just like who I like.

Years
Yay, glad to see new faces around here.

Especially glad to see we aren't putting anyone off. I've never met an asexual person in real life (that I know of) and I gotta say I'm glad I eventually learned a few things and I never had a chance to make stupid assumptions to someone's face. Now I'm all prepared!

Also, I like hearing people say "I like who I like." Makes me feel good to see people not worrying about labels and being okay with themselves. Not that labels are bad if you want to use one. It's also good to have some terminology at your fingertips to explain things to someone who doesn't really get it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome YungKnowledge!

I think I'm a little jaded on the issue of labels. I put the unwillingness to identify under a label right up there with saying 'I don't need a piece of paper to prove my love' at the top of the hierarchy of hipster flower child nonsense for which I have little patience. Not that that should be taken as a slight against you, YungKnowledge, you should live however makes you happy and I have no issue with what you said - I've just found that some people can get really obnoxious about their desire to rebel against societal systems and it just seems like rebellion for the sake of rebellion or self-righteousness.

So yeah, those are my general feelings on that topic :P

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
Thank you guys for the welcome.
@Shining Raichu I compelety understand were you come from.
One of the true reason I don't label myself is because they are so many young women in my hometown that say they are bi or whatevea and are truly not. Then they end up hurting someone really bad because it was just a game to them. I honestly don't want to be label with girls like them.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Hey there dude, welcome!

Well there you go, Pikapal and Scarf - your terms list is actually drawing in members now XD.

---

In some oddly disturbing news, merely supporting LGBT rights now closes down schools. Apparently we are too far from God to teach people how to speak English.
That is just unbelievably ridiculous. Not so much that the church doesn't want to be associated with LGBT rights, but just the sheer amount of harrassment the man got from the church for his opinions is what's really aching at me. I mean, it's fine that the church doesn't want to have anything to do with such a school. After all, they are entitled to their own beliefs, especially when they are very much involved in keeping the school functioning, and I'd be surprised if they don't while they have the power to close it, but then spreading rumours about him being a paedophile? That's just asking for trouble, really.

Years
I think it's time for a little news. Haven't had much of this in a while.

Here in the US of A we've got a bit of politics going on:

• In the state of Missouri there is a potential law making its way through the legislature that would ban "teaching, extracurricular activities or materials that discuss sexual orientation unless they relate to the scientific facts about human reproduction" but a Republican lawmaker has come out (literally!) in opposition to it. [link]

• In the state of North Carolina there is another bill that, if passed, would outlaw same-sex marriage... and take away many existing rights of civil unions for gay and straight alike. When the bill's sponsor's wife was asked about it she said it was important because the Caucasian race is "diminishing." Isn't it great when homophobia and racism get together like this? [link] Oh, but if you'd prefer your homophobia with side of religious intolerance I've got another NC story for that about a pastor who thinks we should hit kids with "limp wrists." [link]

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm kind of irked lately. On another forum some people were posting pics of "hot lesbians hurrhurr" (because they're guys and "lesbians are hot stuff") and I was like "Awesome! LGBT!" because who doesn't want to spread the love? And so I posted this:
82679v81f0hjyw5.jpg

Because I thought it was a really artful and pretty picture. And then I had people raging saying I should be banned for posting it, and "that's gross." Etc. I mean.. we're not talking about hormonal 13 year olds or semi-retarded 7 year olds raging. I'm talking about grown adults going "ew." I mean.. what? Are you serious?
So now I'm just pissy. It's like.. what the heck. It's okay to post girls kissing and not this? These guys aren't even kissing! What's so bad about gay guys? Is it really more socially acceptable to be a lesbian because according to some immature buttholes it's "hot"? Ugh it just makes me rage.
Man I'm not here to knock lesbians at all. Seriously. Post all the lesbian pictures you want; I don't care. I embrace it and I think it's awesome, too. Free love FTW!! But don't cry a river when someone brings up something gay. It's so hypocritical it's not even funny.

Have any of you ever experienced this? >_> It's just so frustrating IMO.. argh. I wanna smack some sense of respect into these people.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
Does anybody ever feel like they really need to make a point to the world, but what they're trying to say goes so far against everybody's programming that it'll never get through to anybody because when you say it everybody just looks at you like you're crazy? I feel like that a lot of the time. Reading these posts about people who want children so badly makes me feel like that, because my views on this are so out there in comparison to the way everybody else thinks and the response I get whenever I try to put them across is just complete opposition and judgment.

Basically the way I feel is this: I feel like we're all in a factory somewhere and everybody is just riding the conveyor belt through their lives. They go to school, go to college, get married, have children, watch them grow, retire, grow old and die - and that's enough for them because as long as they have children, nothing else matters. And it seems to me that everybody is being fooled into thinking that this is what they actually want for themselves. So everybody is just on this conveyor belt in blissful ignorance that that is where they are, and there is a giant wall of soundproof glass. I'm on the other side of the soundproof glass, running alongside the conveyor belt, just screeching at the top of my lungs, "STOP! EVERYBODY STOP! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS! JUST JUMP OFF! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY" but nobody can hear me.
This just about summarises my thoughts on the matter, actually.

It's funny (well, not funny funny, just the word I use for interesting) that the whole gays rights movement is, essentially, a fight to let us be boring, normal people with the kind of life that Andy is raging against. I can totally see how, when spelled out, it's a kind of lackluster and seemingly meaningless life, but at the same time I can't imagine how I would feel if I knew I could never have that kind of like no matter how hard I tried. Well, I kind of do know that feeling, but that was then this is now. Point is, sometimes I feel like I want some of those boring things even though I'll be the first to admit that it's kind of crazy for me to want them.

Some of us can have children 'naturally' if they have wombs. Bit of a minority in this club though, I'll admit. These gals can have kids the 'natural' way if they can just "sit back and think of England" if you follow me. It helps if they enjoy it though. (I'm reading a book about this right now actually - google "upsuck" if you dare.) Of course I'm just saying all this to question what "natural" even means and ask aloud why we consider one way 'natural' and another not.
As long as we're all admitting things, I'll be the first to admit I hope I never become a "boring, normal person".
On the issue of doing things "naturally", that term never fails to be used in a way that annoys me. I find I disagree with at least 60% of what people view as "natural" or "real".
But aside from that, I'm a huge fan of adoption. Just sayin'.

I've been with a girls before and guys. I don't think i'm bisexual. i just like who I like.
I just have to say, good on you for that. I also recently developed an "I am who I am, I like who I like" attitude so it's refreshing to see people who I relate to on that. ^_^

Post all the lesbian pictures you want; I don't care.
Don't tempt me.
Spoiler:

But, yeah, I've seen that a bit too much too. I think it's a sort of "this was made for my sexual enjoyment" type thing, like I'm sure most of them don't really think of lesbians (or any women, for that matter) as human beings.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
Years
I think it's time for a little news. Haven't had much of this in a while.

Here in the US of A we've got a bit of politics going on:

• In the state of Missouri there is a potential law making its way through the legislature that would ban "teaching, extracurricular activities or materials that discuss sexual orientation unless they relate to the scientific facts about human reproduction" but a Republican lawmaker has come out (literally!) in opposition to it. [link]

• In the state of North Carolina there is another bill that, if passed, would outlaw same-sex marriage... and take away many existing rights of civil unions for gay and straight alike. When the bill's sponsor's wife was asked about it she said it was important because the Caucasian race is "diminishing." Isn't it great when homophobia and racism get together like this? [link] Oh, but if you'd prefer your homophobia with side of religious intolerance I've got another NC story for that about a pastor who thinks we should hit kids with "limp wrists." [link]

I deal with people like this all the time being from the RED State of Tennessee.
I watched the video with the woman from North Carolina who said why her husband wrote the Marriage Bill. There honestly a bunch other people who think just like them in the south and its a sad sad sad thing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Thank you guys for the welcome.
@Shining Raichu I compelety understand were you come from.
One of the true reason I don't label myself is because they are so many young women in my hometown that say they are bi or whatevea and are truly not. Then they end up hurting someone really bad because it was just a game to them. I honestly don't want to be label with girls like them.

Oh I most definitely get that. I feel bad but whenever a pretty teenage girl calls herself bisexual I never believe her. It's a once-bitten-twice-shy thing, once you have enough girls exposed as liars just trying to turn on boys, it jades you a little on that topic.

This just about summarises my thoughts on the matter, actually.
<3

Magdalena~ said:
Don't tempt me.
Spoiler:

Calm yo tits :P

I'm kind of irked lately. On another forum some people were posting pics of "hot lesbians hurrhurr" (because they're guys and "lesbians are hot stuff") and I was like "Awesome! LGBT!" because who doesn't want to spread the love? And so I posted this:
82679v81f0hjyw5.jpg

Because I thought it was a really artful and pretty picture. And then I had people raging saying I should be banned for posting it, and "that's gross." Etc. I mean.. we're not talking about hormonal 13 year olds or semi-retarded 7 year olds raging. I'm talking about grown adults going "ew." I mean.. what? Are you serious?

Have any of you ever experienced this? >_>

Yeah well... you get that. It sucks, but some straight guys tend to be that way. They are cherry-pickers when it comes to the LGBT community; if it turns them on it's OK but if it threatens their own buff masculinity it's not. There's nothing you can do about it because it just comes from a lack of maturity. Some of them will grow out of it and some of them won't. It's frustrating but if you're gay for long enough you come to accept it :P

Oh, but if you'd prefer your homophobia with side of religious intolerance I've got another NC story for that about a pastor who thinks we should hit kids with "limp wrists." [link]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA moron.

This wouldn't be funny if it weren't a demented preacher. If you click the link you can see what a whackjob he is just by looking at him. Nobody's going to take it seriously, so it's good for people to say stuff like this once in a while. You know, for the lols.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Have any of you ever experienced this? >_> It's just so frustrating IMO.. argh. I wanna smack some sense of respect into these people.
Yeah, all the time. So much so that my first reaction to this post was "well, duh."

That's why there are so many countries that have penalties as high as the death sentence for gay males, and no penalties at all for gay females... and if there are penalties for females, most of the time they're not as severe as those for males.

Edit: Well, if we're all posting yuri now, I guess I'll just leave this here...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I don't seem to have missed much since my last check-in, just double standards and a Republican coming out against same-sex marriage opposition.

Oh, and I'll add this, just because Kura said it was fine.

Spoiler:

I'll add this, too.

Spoiler:

Years
Permission to join the club?
Granted! Shining Raichu will add you to the list (if he hasn't already). Care to share what made you interested in joining? You don't have to, of course. If you'd rather pretend I never asked then that's fine. But if you are comfortable sharing it's nice to hear people's stories.

@Kura: I wish there were some better explanation for their behavior, but they're just immature boys who live in a man's world where they never have to think about things outside their narrow views of life. What you did when you saw their thread was perfectly rational: you saw support for same-sex couples. But if you put your straight-boy-glasses on you'd see it wasn't about that at all, that the fact that they're gay is only incidental and it was just an excuse to look at girls as something that's pleasing to them. Not knocking people looking at things, you understand. Yeah. I'm loosing my train of thought now.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
82679v81f0hjyw5.jpg

So now I'm just pissy. It's like.. what the heck. It's okay to post girls kissing and not this? These guys aren't even kissing! What's so bad about gay guys? Is it really more socially acceptable to be a lesbian because according to some immature buttholes it's "hot"? Ugh it just makes me rage.
Man I'm not here to knock lesbians at all. Seriously. Post all the lesbian pictures you want; I don't care. I embrace it and I think it's awesome, too. Free love FTW!! But don't cry a river when someone brings up something gay. It's so hypocritical it's not even funny.

Yep, I've experianced that frustration too. It's terrible! That's why I like to troll homophobes in my school by "hitting on them". The results are hilarious and I've had rumors about my sexuality for a long time so my reputation is really unchanged. ^_^

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Granted! Shining Raichu will add you to the list (if he hasn't already). Care to share what made you interested in joining? You don't have to, of course. If you'd rather pretend I never asked then that's fine. But if you are comfortable sharing it's nice to hear people's stories.

Well its odd but not sure what I am. Like I would rather be with boys (relationships) but hang outwith more girls and feel more comfy with them then with boys. Plus I like cute stuff and don't like people referring to me as dude boy man etc. So not sure what I am but felt it would be good to join :)

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
When I was in high school I did a bomb presentation on pros/cons of gay marriage. Being from a very republican area, I got a ton of comments such as "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" and "If my kid said they were gay I wouldn't accept it" but the one that took the cake was the "redneck" kid saying "I'm okay if I see two girls dancing and kissing together, but two guys is gross." Double standard much?

Sometimes I wish gay kids upon people that are homophobic, but then I feel bad for the poor kids that would probably end up unloved and with low self-esteem.

Back