• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your preferred web browser?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 103 50.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
Years
I used to use Firefox until I took a Chrome ad to the knee! I asked around and people said they liked google chrome, etc. so I gave it a try. I have no regrets in using it. It is extremely fast, has great tab management, and is good if you like add ons (I use smogon search add on, and gmail notifaction add on, oh and a reddit tool that does various things) It also has a nice look to it which is what probably swayed my decision the most =P

I find it funny that people are using internet explorer. As someone once said to me "I used internet explorer, it was all like 'here is better browsers, USE THEM.' " I don't want to hurt the feelings of any internet explorer fans but, frankly, its pure rubbish...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Speaking of pure rubbish, I've always wondered what version of IE people are referring to, since I've noticed that the perception never seems to change.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I use Chrome. Simple, smooth and fast. I use Chrome on my iPad too. I've been a Chrome user since 2009 and I've never been able to switch to another browser for very long, even when Chrome has been a bit of a pain every now and then. I do use Safari when Chrome starts to play up, but only temporarily, and only because I hate using Internet Explorer 8 and haven't installed Firefox.

Years
I used Inter Explorer up until Chrome came out and ever since I've used Chrome and only Chrome ;w; I love how fast and user friendly it is. It has a nice layout and everything is easy to find. It's the perfect web browser for me ~

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2012
Google Chrome. I'm using Google chrome since two years now. Technically, I like Google chrome because it doesn't need large amount memory run.

Soar

n00b
Years
Personally i use Chrome :P
The main reason i use it is because of extensions and how customizable it is

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
I use Chrome as my default and Firefox as my second browser. Chrome is in top in terms of speed and then again, Firefox has a bunch of addons that you can personalize your browser with. So, both the browsers are useful for me in different ways.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
I'm using Firefox atm. I've used Chrome until around last year-ish, but somehow Youtube got screwy on it and not on Firefox; since the latter is the only other browser I have on my laptop (aside from IE which is omgasjdfasfesd I am never touching that thing again), and I'm just too lazy to re-download and re-install Chrome to see if it'll fix the Youtube, that's what I'm sticking with.

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
At First I only used Chrome, but now I'm kind of starting to like Safari, even though I have a Windows Vista Computer :P

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I could not decide whether to choose Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. I have to say I've used Firefox for soooo long, and I never thought of using any different browser. But one year ago, my Firefox didn't stop closing unexpectedly and I had to change to Chrome. I was using it for a few months and as soon as a new version of Firefox came out, I got back to Mozilla's browser. Although I couldn't get used to Chrome, I think it's faster than Firefox. There are lots of things I missed from Firefox.
Anyway, since I am a web programmer, I have the four main browsers installed on my computer so that I can check if everything looks fine in different browsers.

Pretor54

Dunsparce needs an evo
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Firefox. I plainly don't like my data to be shipped somewhere else, with someone else getting the money. I don't use Google nor Google Chrome.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I switch back and forth from Firefox and Chrome. Usually when I get fed up with one, I switch to the other. No browser is perfect for me. :/

Years
I used Firefox all the time and love it.

I recently switched over to Chrome and I hate it. Too lazy to do the deletion and reinstallation stuff, though.

The Works

Omochikaeri!
Years
I have been using IE8 for a long time, but soon it got crappy and started being slow. Then I switched to Safari, but I found out that it doesn't save cookies for some reason. Then I switched to IE8 again, then Safari, then IE8, before settling with Google Chrome. It was way faster, and could handle a lot of tabs at a time (unlike IE8, which would normally crash if I added another tab).

Back