• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type do you think you're best at using?

What type are you best at using?

• Bug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Fighting

• Fire

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Flying

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Ground

• Ice

• Normal

• Poison

• Psychic

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel

• Water

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Ground

Mostly because I just love Earthquake.
I had some in-game teams where all the pokemon used that move even @,@

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Dark all the way. Just because I like to spam the hell out of using Bite. :) Very effective against many Pokemon.

Years
I've found that I'm pretty good with Pokemon that have Psychic-type moves, even if the Pokemon isn't even a Psychic-type themselves. I also seem to do good with Fire and Dark types, as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I'm best at using Dragon types, because it's my favourite type, and they do tend to have a big movepool.

I'm good with Electric type too, because it's my second favourite, and Thunderbolt is one of my favourite moves.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Hmm, mine would have to be Fire, Psychic and Dragon. Bug, however, is no-where near the top because I literally cannot use Bug-Types.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Probably Water. I'm a Vaporeon hoar and it's the most versatile type by far, except maybe Normal.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2014
Strangely enough, I have no preference to any types. My teams usually make up multiple types of pokemon and moves.I can use this to have an advantage over as many pokemon as possible.
My normal teams would have.
1 fire pokemon--will usually have a bite/crunch
1 water pokemon--will usually have a Ice beam/blizzard
1 flying pokemon
1 psychic pokemon--will usually have focus blast
1 electric pokemon--will usually have dig
1 random pokemon--this one can be any type.
Though I don't prefer any type the easiest for me to level up is fire type

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Although Dark is my favorite type, I'm best at using Electric. Alot of my teams have at one Electric type and only have one weakness(and with Eelektross' line having none) and a good amount of resistances.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Psychic, by far. I'm great with Psychic types. I think that's because it was my favorite type from Generation I onward, so I would always make it a priority over the other types.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I went with Fire-types, I don't know why, they just always work on my team. I've never really managed to make a Psychic- or Ghost-type work in my team, though. Or Bug, come to think of it. And Poison... I probably should work on those tbh, 'cause some of those types can be ridiculously useful.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've always been better at using water types than any other- most of the time my teams end up having 3 or 4 water types in them. They just seem much more balanced than most types.

Come to think of it, that's probably why I didn't do as well in B/W. Not enough lovely water types for me to work with.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's mostly fighting types, most if not all of the fighting types I've actively used before have been more or less wrecking balls to say the least.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I think I'm good at using Fire, Psychic, and Dragons those are the types I feel I'm good with.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I think flying types are my strength. Most of them are fast and pretty high attack, so they're great for beating trainers.

Other than that, maybe Fire and Water.

Back