• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Thanks. I'm also working on recoding all the other menus, too; my aim is to get rid of all text-based menus altogether.

Here's an example of what I mean:
Screenshot289.png

The controls are pretty intuitive. Pokémon are selected with the C button (equivalent to A). To switch two Pokémon, select one, then the other.
PartySwitch.gif

To view a Pokémon's summary screen, select it, then press C on it again.
PartySummary.gif

To give hold items, either select Item (which brings up the items screen), choose the item, then select the Pokémon you want to hold it, or select a Pokémon without an item, and then select Item. Taking and replacing items works similarly.
Finally, to use a field move, select the Pokémon and then select Moves. This will show the moves it can use; select one to use it. I'm planning on eventually having the Moves button show every move usable by Pokémon in your party; however, this hasn't been implemented yet.

Any comments or suggestions?
Is the selection screen also like this during a battle? And what should this look like during double battles? Very nice work on that selection screen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Fascinating. Good luck!
Also, how many Fakemon have already been sprited?
About 20 fronts sprites, but only about 5 back sprites have been done. I'm going to be working on a lot sprites after my exams finish.
I actually liked the other menu better.
I love it, the style is so smooth.
Nice job.
What did you like about the other one better?
Is the selection screen also like this during a battle? And what should this look like during double battles? Very nice work on that selection screen.
In battle, the screen is the same, but without the Moves and Item buttons. In a double battle, you have two Pokémon at the top instead of one. That is, unless somebody comes up with a better solution (maybe a D/P-esque system?)...

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
In battle, the screen is the same, but without the Moves and Item buttons. In a double battle, you have two Pokémon at the top instead of one. That is, unless somebody comes up with a better solution (maybe a D/P-esque system?)...
I see... I wish I can do that too... (I think I'll plan a Platinum-esque system)

Oh... Are you planning a mouse-supported feature? Just curious.
And are you planning to make your own boxart (cover, like on DS games) for your game? I'll send the template if you want.

Last edited:

delyemerald2

Crytalic Empoleon
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2022
Wichu, that Pokemon you have both in your ava and sig... Is that a legendary single evo pokemon, or multiple evo Pokemon...? I must say, he's one of the most awsome Pokemon I've ever seen! (The most awsome of fakemon.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
And are you planning to make your own boxart (cover, like on DS games) for your game? I'll send the template if you want.
Possibly, though it is rather unnecessary, as the game will be a download... An interesting idea, though.

Wichu, that Pokemon you have both in your ava and sig... Is that a legendary single evo pokemon, or multiple evo Pokemon...? I must say, he's one of the most awsome Pokemon I've ever seen! (The most awsome of fakemon.)

It's a legendary Pokémon (the mascot of the game, like Giratina is for Platinum). Glad you like it (I and Lmayonaise worked hard on it) ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You wait until I announce it, then check the first post. If there's a download link, it will always be in the first post of the thread.

jps101

Pokemon Trainer
Years
If you still need help, I'm good at making in-game teams. I have PET so I can edit your enemy trainers if you want.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
If you still need help, I'm good at making in-game teams. I have PET so I can edit your enemy trainers if you want.

Just to let you know, this isn't a hack, so PET would be useless. Thanks for volunteering, though. I'm currently managing the trainers fine anyway.

sid_elite

HAck LoVer!
Years
I would LIke to Share 1 attack of Mine

It is Soulcut.
Type:GHOST
Power:95
Accuracy:90
Description:A scary move which cuts user's HP by 20 points and curses the foe.

hanhyejinaddikt

A Trainer to Remember
Years
When i was a kid, i had a bunch of self made pokemon. Just plain, self imagined creatures. And when i realize the preciousness, i lost the copy. I was about to remake it but it was gone. Mark you, it's 500 different creatures i made.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
wow..this game is great..can't wait for the official release..good luck with the game..i hope it will be finish as soon as possible..hehe.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back