• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Ohhhh that sucks. I had a similar problem with a Pokemon before. I can't remember which one it was though. All I know is that it was Flying with Flying HP. I wasn't too thrilled. lol

I'm worried about Steven's Metagross, I think I'm going to have to spam X Attacks while Skarmory is out and hope for the best. This is one of the few times where I have ever used battle items actually.

I like how u guys are just Jolteon and Vaporeon, makes me want to switch my avatar to Flareon. Battle Items are amazingly helpful for soloing with a weak pokemon, I couldn't have gotten anywhere near as far as I have with Weedle without them. When I fought Steven I used 6 X Attacks and around 4 X Defends I think. Skarmory was just hitting for almost nothing each turn so I didn't have to worry about that. He was super-effective against me too, he won't even have that against you. Also, use Dire Hit. It doesn't really seem like it would help but every time I use it I get multiple critical hits in a battle, it's kind of ridiculous.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, those X items are really useful for those kinds of challenges. I haven't done a solo with something that weak, but I did do a challenge where I had an UNOWN. So...it was needed...badly...

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I ended up using a few X items against Steven in my Swablu solo. But it feels good to finally have it done!
Congrats! Speaking of challenges, I think I'll be getting back to them on Friday. Well, I have one challenge in particular that I have to work on before all the others. ;)

A thread title dedicated to me? Aww, thanks. x)

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
About the Hidden power thing, same happened to me, also Flying on a flying type. it was a Gyarados 8). It pretty much KILLED everything with HP Flying and Dragon dance!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah I'll leave the title for a little longer since I changed it so late, haha. And HP Flying on Gyarados in gen II or III is nice since it's physical STAB, so you lucked out there. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It can be "Klippy Is A Stalker" because he was looking at my challenge and corrected my typos lol. :'(

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen May 26, 2012
I had another idea for a challenge. Hopefully this idea is better than my previous idea lol. I call it the "Cute" challenge. In this challenge, you can only use pokemon that look adoreable. (For example, out of kanto starters, you can only choose Charmander or Squirtle). You can't evolve Pokemon if their next evolution isn't adorable (For example, you can't evolve a Caterpie into a Metapod. So if you want a Butterfree you have to find it and catch it). Trading between games isn't allowed with the exception of evolving of course. Ingame trading is allowed provided the pokemon you trade is in the challenge.

I best give an example for this. In Red/Blue, you'd only be able to use the following (In total, 39/150)

Spoiler:

Again, not too fussed if the idea is rejected, but once again, I'd like feedback as to why if it's rejected

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I've finally nearly finished a challenge. ;o; I haven't in a while. The personality challenge is really hard, given the Pokemon I have to use. ): RED IS SO HARD TO DEFEAT WITH LEVEL 45-55 HATE EVERYTHING ;;;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I had another idea for a challenge. Hopefully this idea is better than my previous idea lol. I call it the "Cute" challenge. In this challenge, you can only use pokemon that look adoreable. (For example, out of kanto starters, you can only choose Charmander or Squirtle). You can't evolve Pokemon if their next evolution isn't adorable (For example, you can't evolve a Caterpie into a Metapod. So if you want a Butterfree you have to find it and catch it). Trading between games isn't allowed with the exception of evolving of course. Ingame trading is allowed provided the pokemon you trade is in the challenge.

I best give an example for this. In Red/Blue, you'd only be able to use the following (In total, 39/150)

Spoiler:

Again, not too fussed if the idea is rejected, but once again, I'd like feedback as to why if it's rejected

One big thing I don't like about this idea is if a Pokémon is thought of as cute or not. Everyone has different opinions, for example I find Pidgey to be a cute Pokémon, but it's not on your list and really, any Pokémon can be thought of as cute.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Yeah. I unapproved a cute challenge before because people have different ideas of cute. Like in DP when you can only take cute Pokemon for a walk in the park, but that's only like 6 or 7 Pokemon, which of course, there are more than that that are cute.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think most Ghost-types are cute, which a lot of people would disagree with haha. :( So see, I would be sad if I can't use my pretty Duskull or a cutie pop Yamask.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I find Seaking much cuter than like a Caterpie or Venonat. And where's Growlithe? Also, would legendaries be allowed in your challenge? That would further narrow down the list, as would unavailability of some Pokemon (have to choose which starter, Sandshrew and Vulpix aren't in the same version as Oddish, Butterfree/Vileplume aren't in the wild, etc.)

I like the idea for the challenge, but due to varying ideas of 'cute', and the somewhat small pool of Pokemon, I don't really see it as that viable.

As for how to fix the first point, maybe use the list of Pokemon usable in the Petit Cup? Not exactly the same thing as cute, but kind of close...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen May 26, 2012
I didn't actually take different opinions into consideration *facepalm*

Could someone describe what a Petit Cup is?

EDIT: Nvm, found out what it is. And actually, that seems like a much better challenge that what I first had in mind. All that needs to be done is follow these rules

• No evolutions
  • Pokemon must be shorter than 6'8" (aka, 2m)
  • Pokemon must be lighter than 44 lbs (aka, 20kg)
Looking at the bulbapedia page about the Petit Cup, there were 45 pokemon available. Of course I'd include Legendaries if they met the rules. But what do people think about the Petit Cup challenge?

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I didn't actually take different opinions into consideration *facepalm*

Could someone describe what a Petit Cup is?

EDIT: Nvm, found out what it is. And actually, that seems like a much better challenge that what I first had in mind. All that needs to be done is follow these rules

• No evolutions
  • Pokemon must be shorter than 6'8" (aka, 2m)
  • Pokemon must be lighter than 44 lbs (aka, 20kg)
Looking at the bulbapedia page about the Petit Cup, there were 45 pokemon available. Of course I'd include Legendaries if they met the rules. But what do people think about the Petit Cup challenge?

I think that it sounds like a reasonable challenge then except legendaries shouldn't be allowed because it makes them too easy.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well, I would just allow legendaries. People who think it is unfair just will not use them, while people who want to still can. It just fits more peoples opinions then.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ That's what I was thinking to. It bugs me that most challenges don't allow them. I know it's a challenge, but in the cases where you get to pick your teams, it'd be nice if you could at least have one legendary. Like if I did a mono-ice run in Emerald, I wouldn't be able to use Regice. I love Regice, and it's an Ice type, one of the few in the game, shouldn't I be able to use it? Maybe legendaries under a certain BST? idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back