• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've not got the game yet, so if someone could please clear something up for me, at any point in the game are you forced to capture a legendary Pokemon to progress with the story, as was the case in Black/White with Reshiram and Zekrom respectively?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've not got the game yet, so if someone could please clear something up for me, at any point in the game are you forced to capture a legendary Pokemon to progress with the story, as was the case in Black/White with Reshiram and Zekrom respectively?

No. You are forced to battle Kyurem, but you are not allowed to catch it. We aren't forced to catch Legends this time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How far into the game is the Cottonee/Petilil trade? If it's too far off, I'm just going to trade in a Petilil from White. I can't go too far into this game without my signature Pokemon!

Years
How far into the game is the Cottonee/Petilil trade? If it's too far off, I'm just going to trade in a Petilil from White. I can't go too far into this game without my signature Pokemon!

OK Syd, Hikari will tell you:

You can trade for Cottonee (White 2) or Petilil (Black 2) on Route 4 if you have the opposite one of the Grass-type duo. So, that's not too far into the game.

You will need a Cottonee to trade for a Petilil (B2) or a Petilil to trade for Cottonee (W2). Hope that helps!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is there something I need to do before Fennel's assistant gives me the Eevee? She's just telling me random things about Dream World, I assume.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is there something I need to do before Fennel's assistant gives me the Eevee? She's just telling me random things about Dream World, I assume.

I'm searching but the only two answers that came up were talk to Fennel first (I'm assuming you did), or beat the main story first. Did you get the badge from Castella? You could need Gym Badge proof to claim it.

Found a Youtube video on getting it. You have to beat the E4 before you can get it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have a question that only the B2W2 owners can answer. Was the type Chart changed? Is Bug no longer "Not very Effective" vs Ghost Types?

I've been searching online and have two different answers. "Yes" and "No" Course neither that gave these answers posted proof.

I ask cause I found out that
659.gif
this guy is Ghost/Dark with Wonderguard. He's a Pokewood Boss. I don't believe that Gamefreak would make him Ghost/Dark and give him Wonderguard without an easier way to beat him.

Can one of you check to see if they Changed Bug's Type effectiveness against Ghost?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a question that only the B2W2 owners can answer. Was the type Chart changed? Is Bug no longer "Not very Effective" vs Ghost Types?

I've been searching online and have two different answers. "Yes" and "No" Course neither that gave these answers posted proof.

I ask cause I found out that
659.gif
this guy is Ghost/Dark with Wonderguard. He's a Pokewood Boss. I don't believe that Gamefreak would make him Ghost/Dark and give him Wonderguard without an easier way to beat him.

Can one of you check to see if they Changed Bug's Type effectiveness against Ghost?

That was just a typo in the guide, Bug is still only doing 0.5 towards Ghosts. Pokewood give you the tools to defeat the bosses. You just have to work out what to do.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

That was just a typo in the guide, Bug is still only doing 0.5 towards Ghosts. Pokewood give you the tools to defeat the bosses. You just have to work out what to do.

Is it too much to ask for In game proof? No one I ask ever posts actual proof to verify or deny they just say Yes or No that Bug type effectiveness vs ghost changed.

Perriechu

Years
Is it too much to ask for In game proof? No one I ask ever posts actual proof to verify or deny they just say Yes or No that Bug type effectiveness vs ghost changed.

I don't really have any proof, but no official sites such as Serebii have reported it, and no one else at places like the forums of Serebii, Smogon or even here have mentioned it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I don't really have any proof, but no official sites such as Serebii have reported it, and no one else at places like the forums of Serebii, Smogon or even here have mentioned it.

They are all waiting on Confirmation. Serebii stays away from rumors and Smogon won't post anything until the games are fully released so they don't usually go through their final testing stages for tweaks to their system until the international releases.

We actually reported the Bug thing a while back when it first appeared. Bulbapedia's talk page for the Bug Type is waiting confirmation of proof as well.

The problem is no one is testing it. Which is why I'm asking B2W2 players to test it and post proof if possible.

Perriechu

Years
Well to finally put your mind at ease I fired up the emulator.

2uhpykk.png

Zangoose's X-Scissor against a pure ghost type, Yamask.

n_n

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Does anyone know what the nickname of the Petilil is in Japanese? Not Japanese text, but I mean like what it translates to lol...is it still Lillil or is it something different this time? Thanks in advance. Yes this is an important question.

Years
Could anyone give me a character description of the rival, Hugh? I haven't seen any of his dialogue yet and would like to know what his demeanor/personality without finding out too much of the plot of the games. Is he like a nicer Gary? Any help is appreciated. (bits of dialogue would help too!)

Perriechu

Years
Could anyone give me a character description of the rival, Hugh? I haven't seen any of his dialogue yet and would like to know what his demeanor/personality without finding out too much of the plot of the games. Is he like a nicer Gary? Any help is appreciated. (bits of dialogue would help too!)

Well I haven't seen much of his dialogue but what I gather from what I've read is that he isn't a douche-like rival. He cares a lot for Pokemon and his sister. He was going to give his sister a Pokemon until it was stolen by Team Plasma. He has a deep hatred for them, he can also be a quite hasty. I hope that helps and isn't too spoilery! :)

Does anyone know what the nickname of the Petilil is in Japanese? Not Japanese text, but I mean like what it translates to lol...is it still Lillil or is it something different this time? Thanks in advance. Yes this is an important question.

Well apparently its name roughly translates to 'Luppe Chu'. ): So I guess its something along the lines of that? lol

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Can anyone tell me if the Abundant Shrine is accessible before the Pokémon League?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 20, 2012
Does anybody have or know of a guide for when/where legendary pokemon show up? So far, in White 2, I've caught Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Uxie, and Latias. Oh, and Volcarona if you count that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back