• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, that was certainly interesting. I think this is more epic though ;)

EDIT: I stumbled upon something and I've just gotta ask.

fleshy-bows.png

Do you think they are? O.o Considering Cubone's bone and Farfetch'd's leek isn't made of flesh but apparently part of the pokémon, and same with Tropius' fruit which you can apparently eat, etc.
I really wish this would be just a rumor.. It's very strange to see Sylveon having a bow made of flesh

Years
It's dex entry (or maybe it was the TCG flavor text) said that it had to wear it because it couldn't control its muscles otherwise haha.
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you should never trust the Pokedex entries- unless you want to believe that Magikarp can really jump over mountains and smart children can actually turn into Kadabra. As far as the clothing, etc. goes for Pokemon, I don't think that they're parts of their bodies, but rather they've just always got them on similar to humans.

And seeing that Squirtle costume reminds me that if I ever have a kid, I'll make sure their Halloween costumes are Pokemon themed until they're old enough to start choosing for themselves (and hopefully by that point, I've brainwashed them for life, haha).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Maybe the belt is also made of flesh...
The games should explain how these Pokémon obtain their apparel.
Yeah, or maybe it's just something that is part of the pokémon with magical poké-logic but not flesh. Like, a Sawk is maybe born with clothes on because that's how the pokémon is. Because.

And seeing that Squirtle costume reminds me that if I ever have a kid, I'll make sure their Halloween costumes are Pokemon themed until they're old enough to start choosing for themselves (and hopefully by that point, I've brainwashed them for life, haha).
Yes. This. I shall do this too, haha.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you should never trust the Pokedex entries- unless you want to believe that Magikarp can really jump over mountains and smart children can actually turn into Kadabra. As far as the clothing, etc. goes for Pokemon, I don't think that they're parts of their bodies, but rather they've just always got them on similar to humans.

Yeah, dex entries are more often than not misleading and/or mythological.

Regarding the "clothes," I think they're just clothes. I don't know how they keep it clean though. Perhaps Pokemon have the innate ability to become clean :o Would explain how they would look better when they have been sent back to their Pokeball.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Innate ability to become clean xD I think rather they do like animals do and lick themselves clean. Or scrape dirt off with their hands/paws. Now, how does a Magnemite clean itself... With electricity making particles of dirt fly off? Maybe.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I'd imagine Fire types would just burn the dirt and grime off of them, considering that they don't react well with water.

Anyways, since we have a clothes thread now, I say it's time for a new topic :P

What Pokémon would you find living near your house?

Pachirisu and Buneary because my yard is littered with squirrels and rabbits, Miltank and Grumpig because there are many farms around my house, Stantler because I'll see the occasional deer on the side of the road, and Murkrow because they litter my trees.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Oh, I believe that question was an actual topic a while ago here in this section! But let's see...

Bunearys, that new Bunny Pokemon, Pachirisu would be the most common wild Pokemon in my area. A lot of people would have Ponytas and Rapidash, since where I live a lot of people have horses. Also Miltanks since we have several pastures with a lot of cows in 'em. We have more animals but I don't really believe that there is a good Pokemon suited for the animal in question (like Armadillos. I suppose Sandshrew would be the closest but that's still a bit of a long shot).

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Where I live, trees are completely filled with birds. In real life, I'd probably be having a lot of flying-type Pokémon near my house such as Taillow, Spearow, and Pidgey. We'd have some Caterpie and Weedle in our backyard, since we always seem to encounter some caterpillars every time we're there. We'd also have a couple of Herdier running around here and there since my neighbors have pet dogs, and maybe even some Poochyena during the nighttime.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Wingull and Murkrow, probably. And Pidove. And Rattata because I've seen rats! And the occasional Buneary and Deerling scuttling around the forest. And some Delcatty and Glameow running around the streets, being people's pets.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I would like to hereby announce that no Pokémon will be living near my house. All Pokémon, in a 5000m radius from my house, would be begging to come inside it, so I would hereby let them inside my house, and opening the door will practically mean downfall of my house, when it will become one with the earth, so logically all Pokémon would live in my house (since the earth is my house now), thus none will live around it.

In retrospect to the statement, if my house wasn't so overwhelmingly popular, I'd admit with huge embarrassment that only Patrat, Murkrow, Pidgey, Lillipup and Purrloin would live near my house. Cats, birds, dogs and rats. Oh, and also the Ratata, the Glameow and other varieties, probably.

Years
I'm not sure on the type of Pokémon that would live around my house, but all I can think of for now would be Pidove because there are quite a lot of doves that live around me :P

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
Vintage Style Pokemon Posters

Just saw this link on Facebook, and thought these looked pretty cool!

enhanced-buzz-14794-1377616580-13.jpg

Check out the rest here.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
The only Pokemon that I would actually allow or want to be in my house would be the ghost type. This is because 1) They really don't take up space, because they can't take up space per se. 2) They are really playful which is nice to have in a home, and 3) they make a great game of hide n' seek :P.

As for around my house I wouldn't mind, unless it was a poison type or a dangerous electric type like Magneton or something.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015

Check out the rest here.

The poster forgot the "FOR FREE" part that shouts on your face with daylight.
I really think Nurse Joy needs a donation box. Or some kind of tip payment. She does way too much work for us.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The poster forgot the "FOR FREE" part that shouts on your face with daylight.
I really think Nurse Joy needs a donation box. Or some kind of tip payment. She does way too much work for us.

I'm pretty sure she gets paid by the hour or by a weekly salary. In the anime, it seems that Chansey/Audino do most of the work anyways. In the games, all she does is put Pokémon on a machine which does all the work for her, so no tip necessary :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm pretty sure she gets paid by the hour or by a weekly salary. In the anime, it seems that Chansey/Audino do most of the work anyways. In the games, all she does is put Pokémon on a machine which does all the work for her, so no tip necessary :P

You're forgetting the standing there on the counter 24-7 and always greet and goodbye the trainer, with perfect kindness and everything part. And I believe there are no night shifts, because only one sister a town.

Yes, that's also true, the Chansey and Audino do most of the work. Something like the whole championship thing, you win solely because of your Pokémon and you get crowned champion and hailed by everyone and all that, but what does your Pokémon get? A silly group photo and that's it. Nobody will come and look at you and say, "Hey, that Garchomp beat the Pokémon League for Elaite! He's so beast!" (Elaite being my chosen name); they'll just say, "Hey, that's Elaite's Garchomp! Elaite's the Pokémon Champion! He's so cool!"

And whoever was the one saying "Pokémon are just mere tools", he's right to the bean.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years

Check out the rest here.

I love these... I really do. they're amazing!

Pokemon I'd find by my house:

Miltank and Tauros. Lots and lots of them.
Ponyta/Rapidash
4 Magikarps/Feebas/Goldeen (but prolly Magikarps) in my fishtank
Beedrills,
Butterfrees
Pidove
Murkrow
Pidgey
Ratatta
Vulpix (at night)
Spinda (other bunny-mons)
A crap ton of Pikachu in my house (cause we had mice recently)

Speaking of which, why does nobody worry about the 3 foot high, triple-stingered BEES/WASPS in the Pokemon world?! Worrying!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Oh, I completely forgot about the many many Durants that would be around the house killing our water supply. And they're much bigger than normal ants too so that would also be terrifying oh god. Let's face it. Bugs can be very terrifying in the Pokemon world considering their size compared to the sizes they are in our world. Except Joltik.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think Joltik would be even more terrifying - could you imagine your house being infested with tiny little ticks capable of giving you hugely powerful electric shocks? It sounds scary to me - give me a Beautifly infestation any day!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
hahaha. I was talking how Joltik is like the only one that is of actual spider size. Every other spider and other insect like Pokemon are x10 bigger than they are in our world. That said Joltik would be like one of those small spiders we have that can really harm you if you're not careful. And it is does hit you might not even know.

Beautifly I can understand though hahaa. They would probably be harmless compared to Beedrill, Durant, Galvantula, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back