• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I have the honnor to join to Skype Chatroom of Trainers Academy (i can only chat or my parents kill me). Look for me as Gelius the Sneasel. By the way Gelius, it's a word that you read like it starts with a J but it writes with G. So quite hard word.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
X( This RP is sooo huge. What do you guys advise in terms of keeping up with other players. (SUs, the story so far etc.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
X( This RP is sooo huge. What do you guys advise in terms of keeping up with other players. (SUs, the story so far etc.)

Limit your attention span to what your character is actually aware of IC~ No sense in fussing over things your character can't react to anyway, y'know? You can always read that later if you're really interested ;P This is why I've always advised people to let someone know before they start RPing with them, just so that they're looking for the message and don't accidentally ignore your post |D

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Hey, since I am looking at finally having time to Roleplay again, and am looking to join RPs again and still love the idea of this one. May I rejoin, somehow? I don't even remember how I left, it's so long ago, I think was it end of April, I left last year? I think so, anyways yeah my question is if I can politely ask if I can rejoin, or how.

Dawn

Years
Hey, since I am looking at finally having time to Roleplay again, and am looking to join RPs again and still love the idea of this one. May I rejoin, somehow? I don't even remember how I left, it's so long ago, I think was it end of April, I left last year? I think so, anyways yeah my question is if I can politely ask if I can rejoin, or how.

I have a policy of allowing anyone who went innactive to rejoin without having to resubmit their application. I like to make it nice and easy for people to come back. As for how... It's really up to you to say where your character was and what they were doing! You could just say they were at classes, perhaps describe a battle that took place while you were going for some levels. It's your choice really. c:

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
That is really good, I will have to catch up on the things that happened in the year that I was gone probably. But I remember I had one post about me getting to the dorms, and another one of goin to the neighbour town to meet up with someone there. So I just have to find a good transmission to now, but thank you.

Dawn

Years
That is really good, I will have to catch up on the things that happened in the year that I was gone probably. But I remember I had one post about me getting to the dorms, and another one of goin to the neighbour town to meet up with someone there. So I just have to find a good transmission to now, but thank you.

Not a problem! Let me know if I can help you in any way. vwv

On an entirely seperate note I arted Valorie in the Puyo Puyo art style. Thought people might enjoy the complimentary shortstop, especially as she attention hogs her battle right now. Soon I'll post what we've got in this joint post :U

91do6AL.png

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey Yellow or anyone else. My Skype is currently not working. I think I may have to reinstall it or something.

But if anyone needs to get a hold of me, PMing me on here if probably going to be your best bet to get a quick answer.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Can I rejoin the RP again? :)) I went on a hiatus because life really demands a lot from me for the past few months.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I've been pondering doing this for ever since I came back A couple weeks...The Revamp...
fIhLNdo.gif

Name: Haru Hatake

Nickname: The Man Hatake or Haru

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raiku

Appearance:
"I know. I'm handsome."
Haru stands at roughly 5'7, being rather short for his age, and weighs around 115 pounds. He's awkwardly skinny. It seems that he loses weight when he eats. You know. Typical hyper-active teenage metabolism. He has short, neat light brown hair that he's cut since entering the Academy, and he's replaced his glasses for a pair of black thick rims, although his eye sight hasn't improved in the slightest. He occasionally wears contacts, but not really enough to count. He has a face that could be described as, "slightly above average," with a scruffy chinstrap beard around his chin. His chin, since we're on the topic, juts out a little farther than most would consider normal. His nose is rather big, when you take typical nose sizes into account. Not that it's pointy. It's actually bigger to the side.

When it comes to apparel, Haru likes it simple. He can typically be found wearing khaki cargo shorts of all lengths and varying shades. All pretty close to beige, though. He occasionally wears jeans of darker shades, about dark grey and black. Haru often wears button-up flannel shirts, varying t-shirts with Pokemon emblems on them, and even the occasional v-neck, because that's the way he roles. During the winter months he'll wear a beanie and a black zip up jacket without a hood. It's actually fairly warm, but he prepares nothing for his legs other than jeans.

Personality:
"You know, I really do have a charming personality, don't I?"

Haru's a bit of an oddball. He has the potential to be the next Pokemon League Champion, but his tendencies for slacking had him end up in the Raiku Yellow dorm. He has a tendency to be flirt, and he has a chronic fear of extremely lengthy homework assignment. Haru really likes the ladies, but he's found a girlfriend since he's come on the island, so he's become a one-lady kinda guy. It's hard being a ladies' man. He's very awkward, but he loves making new friends, and his sarcastic sense of humor is legendary for not having any bounds. Haru's social skills are actually fairly developed, despite his lack of social know-how. Many a time a person will approach him with relationship issues or depression issues, and the best he can tell them is, "It's okay! Don't be cry!" And for some magical reason it works.

He spent his life being mocked by certain people, which drove him to dream of becoming the very best like no one ever was. Pretty high ambitions for a slacker of his caliber. Haru knows that he's far from perfect, but he has a sarcastic arrogance that many people will mistake for real arrogance. He's not a fan of losing, but is always happy in defeat. He smiles all the time, literally, and is good to have around for a laugh. Haru's clever and witty, but could be called a "Smart Ass". He's likable, but often he doesn't know how to respond to situations. He can be annoying at times, but that's just part of the Haru Charm. Haru's a loyal friend, sticking by them at all times, no matter the consequences. On a side note, he's a pretty snazzy guitar and keyboard player. Rockin' that synth up in heeyah!

History: Haru grew up in Viridian City with his childhood friend, a stall-worth Charmander. The Charmander was his best friend. Everyday he would go out and play with it and feed it When he was 8, however, the Charmander was taken by a strange boy clad in red. He was devastated and cried for days, but, as all young boys do, he bounced back with all of vigor within days of the event. Haru carried on as normal, doing whatever eight year olds do. His parents, remembering the childhood friend, had a brilliant idea. On Haru's tenth birthday, he was gifted a Charmander, given by Professor Samuel Oak, none the less. He took a year and a half to travel all over Kanto with Charmander, which became a Charmeleon, but decided to leave home to explore other regions before completing the Pokemon League. His Charmeleon, and it had a urge to go over seas with him.

Haru took the Charmeleon and used it in Hoenn, where he caught a Treeko. Together they traveled all over Hoenn, although his two favorite Pokemon were still relatively weak. They grew tired of Hoenn and set off for Sinnoh, where they met Munchlax who was stealing their food. Haru caught him by using the food as a peace offering. They then traveled all across Sinnoh, losing battles wherever they went. Haru, at this point, was frustrated and angry at the himself for not training his Pokemon harder. He needed somewhere to perfect his training, and there was only one place for him to do that...The Pokemon Trainer Academy.

Haru arrived at the PTA a while back, and within days he had caught a Scyther and Nidoran female. He met many new trainers, although the friendships didn't last very long. He met his girlfriend, Holly Amarosa, her cousin Kayla Makitayama. It seems he went on an involuntary hiatus after HTS/Challenger became a super lazy bum he went on a crazy training spree, and now he's ready to come and rejoin the real world.

Pokemon Personalities:
Torch the Charizard: Torch is very friendly with Haru's teammates, often screwing around and having all sorts of fun with them. He's slow to warm up to others, but once he does, he's fairly loyal. Since evolving he's become far more hot-headed. Torch is easily excited, and it's not uncommon for him to try and start a fight.

Twitch the Sceptile: Twitch reacts quickly to almost everything. He prefers to act first, ask questions later. He's fairly friendly, but he holds a disdain for Pokemon who are obnoxiously nosy. Since evolving he's become a little arrogant, mainly towards Pokemon not on Haru's team. He's very confident, but he knows when to quit.

Void the Snorlax: Void is quite cheerful and friendly. He often spends a great deal of time with Haru and his Pokemon. He often doesn't see when people or Pokemon don't like him. Void is fairly clever, often obtaining food and battling in wily ways. Or that' who he used to be. Void has become very relaxed since evolving. In terms of battling, he's become more of a brute-force sort of 'Mon, but it tends to work since he's around a thousand pounds.

Geronimo the Scyther: Geronimo is quiet, serious, and arrogant, except in the presence of the Void of Munchlax. He always battles to the most intense degree, unlike his fellow teammates. Since the rest of the team has evolved he's become a little more humble, but he's still trying to fight to the best of his ability.

Dutchess the Nidorina: Dutches is very timid. She's very gently and quiet, but at times she's just fun as the others. She loves training with her fellow teammates, and dreams of becoming a powerful Nidoqueen. Since evolving she's become confident enough to try battling, but she still relies on Void, Torch, Geronimo, and Twitch to protect her.

I would put the levels and moves and stuff, but they're on the Ether pad!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can I rejoin the RP again? :)) I went on a hiatus because life really demands a lot from me for the past few months.

Although I am not a GM, I don't think it would be a problem. In that time period, only 3 or 4 people have posted a total of about 8 posts if that.

And Yellow has said that she allows people to return.

Anyways, I got my Skype up and running again.

Dawn

Years
Welcome back, Kurobat and Hereto--Or should I say Varys and Challenger? You're both welcome here of course. You are accepted, Varys. :P Yes, we've been doing a joint post for literally forever because we can't seem to get people on at the same time. I'm going to go ahead and section a portion of it off to post. After the tournament is done we'll hopefully see a resurgence in non-joint posts. ;p

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I'll refrain my posting until then, so I'll have an easier time re-introducing my character :)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Just noticed Varys' character's nickname is Haru. Good choice in name.

I'll be posting briefly.

It's up. It's good to be back with my very first character. Man, two years goes by fast. Fun fact. The 26th will be my third year being some-what active in the community. I made up for it in the first year. If anybody wants to interact with Haru, he's clean and only bites a little.

Last edited:

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Ooh, this looks fun! Here's my SU:

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Samuel Brown Wilkinson

Nickname (Optional): The Mind Quad

Age (10-15): 13

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Entei Dorm

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Xavier Brown Wilkinson is a short kid, standing at only five feet tall. He has a medium, black Aphro that is characteristic of him and when people see it they usually can tell it's him. He wears circular, pitch black sunglasses all the time so no one ever sees his eyes or eye color. He always has a side smile on his face and is pretty confident about himself. He wears black gloves with holes in them where his fingers go through, a black, sports shirt with a red jacket over it, black sports pants with red stripes down the side, and black dress shoes. He always dresses to impress, and even though he's at a young age he looks a lot older than he is.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 50 word minimum
Samuel Brown Wilkinson is what you'd call a "special sort of case". He takes a while to respond to others due to a mental disability he was born with at a young age. He's taken speech classes his whole life though, so he's learned how to socialize well. Even so, most of the time he will just give you a look or expression in order to communicate what he's feeling. To put it on other words, he'd rather not ruin the moment with words. He is very calm in his mind and takes a while to think things over before he responds to someone or something. This often makes other tend to look him over, or makes Samuel forgettable. Some of his flaws include that he doesn't speak up enough. He has always had stage right as a child, so he finds it hard to give speeches for classes he's taking. He's very cool and reserved, although at times he can be mischevious. An example of this is sometimes he will hide other people's things and have them find it as a sort of prank. All in all though, he's a friendly soul and is eager to learn more about Pokemon.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 100 word minimum

Samuel was born in the small town of Lentimas town in the Unova region. Lentimas Town is an old place with adobe houses that resides just outside of Reversal Mountain where a large dormant volcano is sitting. The place was first thought to be founded by Native American tribes in the early centuries, and then later colonized by normal people and their Pokemon, and thus Lentimas Town was born. Samuel grew up as the youngest of four other siblings, with a mom, a dad, a step mom, two uncles, and four grandparents living with them. Thus his house was usually always busy as he had a large family to be a part of, and his house happens to be the biggest one in Lentimas Town in order to hold them all. Being the youngest of such a large family, Samuel usually didn't get to speak up at the dinner table, and didn't get to say his mind either. He was taught to obey his elders, and only speak when it's his turn to. Nevertheless he took his role in the family with pride, and is very selfless to others. He even asks for the least amount of things in the household, and only occasionally every four or five months when he actually needs something. He helped the family rake in money to keep their home and resources by selling pottery he made in a stand close to the Lentimas Town airport. Seeing as it was right next to the entrance to the city, many people that are tourists would come by and buy his art, netting the family lots of money. Even though he was at a young age, Samuel had learned the ways of mining and how to fashion different stones and materials into different kinds of art and potteries. At the age of 13 Samuel got an acceptance letter to the Pokemon Trainer Academy run by Professor Gary Oak. He quickly dashed down the streets screaming for joy, and then went home and showed his parents who were ecstatic to find out he was going to a nice, adventurous island to learn more about Pokemon. Samuel then got on a ferry that would take him straight to the island, paid the fee himself, and is now on his way to having a great time at the Pokemon Trainer Academy run by Professor Gary Oak on the island he seeks to explore.

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):

o09i4h.png

Species: Mr. Mime
Nickname(Optional): Mandy
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Mandy is Samuel's main partner Pokemon, his number one Pokemon in battle. As such Mandy takes great pride in its psychic abilities and loves to confuse and trick its opponent as well as throwing them around. Mandy is calm, reserved, mischevious, collected, and confident just like Samuel is. They are basically one and the same and know when the other is in trouble. They care for each other deeply and their hearts and minds are connected as one, so much that Samuel doesn't even have to commander Mandy to use a move anymore. Mandy will automatically read Samuel's mind and figure out which one to use.
Lvl(Max 30): 20
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Magical Leaf, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, and Thunderbolt
Ability: Technician

63r8qt.png

Species: Phanpy
Nickname (Optional): Sugarpea
Personality: Sugarpea is Samuel's second Pokemon, and is the physical attacker of his team. Samuel found and captured Sugarpea one day while off exploring the insides of Reversal Mountain. They quickly bonded after that and Sugarpea is fond of Samuel. Sugarpea will even guard and protect Samuel like a mother, and lets him know when its up for a battle. Sugarpea is a very eager Pokemon, and is always excited to get into battle. It currently isn't as strong as Mandy, but with good training and its owner Samuel's help, Sugarpea knows she will get stronger.
Level: 20
Moves: Rollout, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Rock Smash, Odor Sleuth, and Endure
Ability: Sand Veil

1hph52.png

Species: Flaaffy
Nickname: Wooly
Personality: Wooly is Samuel's third and final Pokemon as of now. Samuel encountered Wooly one day while exploring a secret subection of Reversal Mountain near his hometown that had charged stones everywhere as a Mareep. Samuel quickly grew to like Wooly and bonded with it, eventually capturing it. Samuel then proceeded to train Wooly nonstop until it evolved into a Flaaffy, much stronger than before. Wooly is a very shy Pokemon, and as such even though it has evolved once, it still acts like it's a child of Samuel. Samuel has worked with Wooly over time though to encourage it to battle more and now Wooly is beginning to gain more confidence in its abilities. Wooly serves as a wall on Samuel's team, able to take lots of hits and slow down other Pokemon on the battlefield with moves like Cotton Spore and Thunder Wave. It has nice defensive capabilities and prefers to use those to win a battle over outright attacking.
Level: 20
Moves: Thunder, Cotton Spore, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, Volt Switch, and Substitute
Ability: Static

Opening Post (Must be from the perspective of your character.): Recommended 350 words

Samuel Brown Wilkinson (Codename: The Mind Quad)

"Ah, what a great day to be out on the ocean! Wouldn't you agree, Mandy?" Samuel asked his main partner Pokemon. His Mr. Mime nodded its head in agreement. Samuel nodded back with a giggle, and then looked back over the ocean from the railing of the ferry he was on. "Just think. Out somewhere on that ocean is an island run by Gary Oak himself, and on that island there's many places to explore, things to learn about, and people to meet! How exciting!" Samuel thought to himself. Mandy read Samuel's mind and nodded in agreement, walking up to the railing and putting its head in its hands next to Samuel the way he had his head in his hands as they both sighed with pleasure. Samuel and Mandy sight-gazed at some of the other islands they were passing. Some were circular like most islands you would expect, others were irregular shaped, and some were just simply right out funky looking! Samuel and Mandy went back inside the ferry and Samuel went up to the captain. "Hey, Captain Oliver. Do you mind if I can get a closer look at some of the ocean Pokemon below?" Samuel asked the old man. The old, grey-bearded captain thought it over and then gave Samuel an access card to the ferry's bottom deck. "Thanks so much! I want to see what kinds of Pokemon inhabit these waters!" Samuel said as he thanked the man. He ran down the hallways and stairs with a giddy look on his face, and then arrived to a door that read Bottom Deck Sea Sight-Seeing. Samuel entered the card into the door lever and then went inside. He went to the middle of the room where a giant glass filter was set that let you look deep into the clear ocean below. "Wow!" Samuel said as he saw a school of Horsea swimming inbetween two coral reefs. And on top of those reefs were some Corsola! "Sugarpea, Wooly, come on out and see this you guys!" Samuel said as he threw two pokeballs into the air. Out of one came a short, cute looking light-blue colored Phanpy, and out of the other came a taller, pink-skinned Flaaffy. "Guys, hurry! Come look at this!" Samuel said. Mandy, Sugarpea, and Wooly all ran to his side and awed and oohed with him in their own Pokemon tones as they saw all different kinds of ocean Pokemon swim by. They saw everything from more Horseas and Corsolas, to Seadras, Wailmers, and even giant Wailords way down below! "I'm so glad I've had the chance to experience this with you guys. You are all members of my team and I value your friendship." Samuel said to his Flaaffy and Phanpy as he returned them after a while. He went back up to the upper deck with Mandy and sight-saw some more before heading to bed. The next day Samuel's alarm went off and Samuel slammed his hand on it, groaning as he sat up. Mandy came rushing in, exclaiming at him in its Mr. Mime tone of voice. "What's that? We're almost there?! NO WAY!" Samuel said back to his partner Pokemon. Samuel quickly got dressed, ate a couple of muffins for breakfast, and went to the upper deck to look out at the ocean with Mandy. The ferry passed a couple more islands before a large, mysterious looking island came into view. There was no doubt in Samuel's mind this was the island with the Pokemon Trainer Academy he would be attending. "Oh my! We're here! We've made it!" Samuel said as he jumped with Mandy, holding both of each other's hands with smiles on their faces. They relaxed for awhile before the ferry came to a complete stop and docked on one of the boarding/entering docks on the west side of the island. "Get ready Mandy, because now our adventure truly begins!" Samuel said to his partner Pokemon. They walked to the ramp on the ferry, waved to the captain and thanked him, saying goodbye, and then continued to walk onto the island until they went through the entrance into the Pokemon Trainer Academy building as a bright white light enveloped them in harmony.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@VillageOfDragons: Looking good! I have just one question before you get started though. If your character has a disability that causes him to hesitate for very long moments before speaking...

How does he order his pokemon in a battle? o_O

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
@VillageOfDragons: Looking good! I have just one question before you get started though. If your character has a disability that causes him to hesitate for very long moments before speaking...

How does he order his pokemon in a battle? o_O

Well I was kind of playing along with it to see how that would work and I figured he is bonded so well with his first 3 Pokemon that the reason his nickname is "The Mind Quad" is because his Pokemon and him can read each other minds so they know which moves to use automatically. However, if this needs to be changed where he actually actively gives commands to his Pokemon, then I can edit it for you. :)

TravelerTrainer15

Can I join? Or are we too late in the RP?

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Jojo Liza Oliver

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15): 12

Sex (Male or Female): Female

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): She nas long, caramel hair that is straight most of the way before curling inward at the bottom. She has brown eyes, and wears a purple tee, jeans, and red tennis shoes.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): She is a kind-hearted girl who is almost annoyingly optimistic. It takes a LOT to get her mad, but if she is, you're gonna want to evacuate the area. She is outgoing, and will talk to anyone she meets. If she wants to be alone, something is UP. She is quite naive due to her trusting nature, however.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): I'm sorry, but these are NOT my strong point. Is it okay if I skip this?

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Porygon
Nickname(Optional):
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Do Porygons even HAVE personalities? They ARE artificial, after all.
Lvl(Max 30): 15
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Tri-Attack, Thunderbolt, Conversion, Thunder Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back