• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Tournament of Life [T] (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I'll work on it [in a bit, or tommorow]. If you can, can I know what kind of Pokemon are near Sandgem- are the Pokemon in the games in there, for example? Cause I'd love a Shinx or a Kricketune (I forgot whether that is the evo or pre-evo- but it learns Perish Song!), or at least have an idea of what I'll find nearby. Just because I may have Raiso make a comment about how awesome [insert Pokemon here]'s [insert Pokemon's move here] was, or how they were bothering him a bit.

But yeah, besides that I'll wait impatiently (I'm being totally honest here, I'll be looking at the Roleplay Corner every day until it is) for it to be accepted.

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I already made a to do list, based on the game

One, get the TM for Return, and teach it to Cleffa.
Two, Capture a Growlithe
Three, make an awesome beach opening intro.
Four, have Julyanne gush over Cleffa.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Chapter 1: Meeting friends & foes

Sandgem Town
Sandgem Town is a quaint town located by the Southern Sinnoh coast. It's home to a marvellous beach with crystal clear water and soft white sand. Several species of Pokemon inhabit this town's coastal regions both on the shore and in the depths of the water. Further inland, the town is home to more land-orientated Pokemon, several of which are studied by the Pokemon Professor, Prof. Rowan and his research team. Sandgem Town is most commonly known to be one of the first stops of every beginning Trainer's journey; and here, it is where your journey begins.

Wild Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Route 202
Located just North of Sandgem Town, route 202 is a relatively short, but winding path that stretches its way toward Jubilife City. The Pokemon that inhabit this area are particularly playful and will often spring out of tall grass, trees and bushes to surprise unwary trainers. Several Pokemon Trainers are scattered along this route, and may challenge you to a battle if they catch your eye. Strangely, Route 202 isn't as lively as it usually is, after an unusual mob of Pokemon have been spotted causing havoc in Jubilife City...perhaps some of the trainers still roaming the route can provide you with more info? But they definitely won't be handing it out for free.

Wild Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Objectives - You can do whatever you wish, but you must complete the following to progress.

• Get to know your fellow companions/battlers. [MUST]

• Talk to Professor Rowan who gives you instructions to travel to Jubilife City where a suspicious gathering of Pokemon has been spotted. (Feel free to elaborate dialogue, but stay around this topic.) [MUST]

• Travel to Jubilife City (Stop right before entering.) [MUST]

Years
A problem I forsee is that with so few available pokemon we might have a lot of overlapping teams which won't be particularly interesting, maybe add a few (not too many) more.

On another note this looks like fun and I want a staryu :D

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Like a Psyduck...?

I already made a to do list, based on the game

One, get the TM for Return, and teach it to Cleffa.
Two, Capture a Growlithe
Three, make an awesome beach opening intro.
Four, have Julyanne gush over Cleffa.

I like the list. Mine is more like this:

1. Make a comment about rowdy Pokemon (no awesome beach intro or anything...)
2. Be all smiles at everyone, and act like Larvitar is a god
3. Get annoyed (once) during the few posts that pass and smack something with a stick! No, maybe not, actually...
4. Get a Shinx! Or a Zigzagoon.
5. Have Larvitar be strong, and catch a Psyduck! Yes. A Psyduck. Not now, though. Later. Unless Curious adds one.

Will the life strap thing be utilized in all Trainer Battles?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023

Two, Capture a Growlithe

Chapter 1: Meeting friends & foes

Route 202
Located just North of Sandgem Town, route 202 is a relatively short, but winding path that stretches its way toward Jubilife City. The Pokemon that inhabit this area are particularly playful and will often spring out of tall grass, trees and bushes to surprise unwary trainers. Several Pokemon Trainers are scattered along this route, and may challenge you to a battle if they catch your eye. Strangely, Route 202 isn't as lively as it usually is, after an unusual mob of Pokemon have been spotted causing havoc in Jubilife City...perhaps some of the trainers still roaming the route can provide you with more info? But they definitely won't be handing it out for free.

Wild Pokemon:

Rare:

058.gif

Yay~

Will the life strap thing be utilized in all Trainer Battles?

No. It's only when both declare that the Life strap thing will be used. There is a Life Strap.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
@gimmepie: I could perhaps add more, but it's not like everyone will catch a Pokemon -- who knows, really. If I dinf the need to add mor, I shall!

@DeLaMuerte: I probably won't be adding Psyduck at the moment, but in the next couple of routes yes, definitely. Also, no. The life meter won't be utilised during every battle. It will only be utilised when battling others with a life meter themselves. If there are trainers with life meters, I will post them and their team as well as how much life energy they are battling for in that chapter. I am most likely going to add a trainer with a life meter and their respective team and cost in this chapter anyway, so keep a lookout for that.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It is like a watch but instead of the time, all it has is your remaining Life Energy (1-50), and how many participants are left. You can customise it yes, but it cannot be taken off. The strap is metal, the rest can be up to your imagination.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
@DeLaMuerte: I probably won't be adding Psyduck at the moment, but in the next couple of routes yes, definitely. Also, no. The life meter won't be utilised during every battle. It will only be utilised when battling others with a life meter themselves. If there are trainers with life meters, I will post them and their team as well as how much life energy they are battling for in that chapter. I am most likely going to add a trainer with a life meter and their respective team and cost in this chapter anyway, so keep a lookout for that.

Awww... no Psyduck. Yet. Oh well. I'll wait.

And as for the custom life meter... Raiso will try and find a way to put a Poketch app on there. Flipping coins on a life meter...

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Good news, Ooooh~ IC thread is up!

Bad news, it's my testing week. I might be able to create my post this weekend though. Gomen ne~

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ugh, I was out of it for 12 hours (Literally. I don't remember falling asleep as soon as I laid on my bed. Darn it for me of being sickly.) and I'm somewhat... huh... about the RP.

Well... I'm going to make a post after I get home from school later. Nobody's going to do the info-dump? I expected us to be in Prof's lab, but it seems like we're all gathering at the beach.

Wow, I just had an idea of how to write my post. Hopefully I won't forget it =P

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
well we can gather at the lab later I suppose, for now we could just presume that the prof gave us the brief then told us to get supplies and get to know our pokemon better before coming back, in the hopes of all the different members meeting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back