• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Music!

Guy

just a guy
Years
...that said, a GB Sounds item that converted it all to 8-bit would be well received by me.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing something a bit more well refined and orchestrated seeing as we're moving to a better system, but I wouldn't object to an item like the GB Sounds making a comeback. Even though the GB Sounds main purpose was for nostalgic sake, I wouldn't mind hearing what the newer tracks turned into 8-bit tunes would sound like while playing.

As for the new music in general, anything that wasn't like Black and White or Black 2 and White 2 (Sorry, Nica!). Now this is all up to personal preference, but I personally found a lot of the music in Gen V to be far too cheery and not played up or dramatic enough for certain locations or battles. Listening to the Black 2 and White 2 Champion track right now, it just doesn't feel like the sort of music you'd hear in a Champion battle. With the exception of the final battle with N and Ghetsis, the Gen V music could have been better in my opinion.

The one thing I did like about the Gen V, was that they brought in lyrics. I hope we can hear that again with the 3DS sound, but with a more widespread use of words.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
X and Y Themes/Music

Have you guys ever thought of how good the music would be in the 6th Generation? I mean, Pokemon soundtracks have always been amazing, but it's just getting better! Gen V's pieces are really complex and the 'feels' are pretty amazing in some of em. Now with a whole new generation coming this way via the 3DS, what do you guys wish to experience/have when it comes to music? A good seaside theme? A more intimidating rival battle theme? Leave your comments below!

I've also done some pokemon themes by myself, created by picturing the new world of Pokemon. Feel free to check them out :)

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
Wow. Your music is really good mate. I think the music should represent the ambience or feeling or the area you're in, like the first route you go through after receiving your first pokemon should have a fast paced exciting beat. Your hometown should have a happy but almost nostalgic music. And about the battle music I think they should go and re-visit the first gen music.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Thanks :) And yes, I agree. The first route should always have the 'adventure-y' feel to it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wow. Your music is really good mate. I think the music should represent the ambience or feeling or the area you're in, like the first route you go through after receiving your first pokemon should have a fast paced exciting beat. Your hometown should have a happy but almost nostalgic music. And about the battle music I think they should go and re-visit the first gen music.

I really do not look forward to the hometown music. :( It was only really okay in Nuvema really and in everything else not as much. I'd love it if it's not really happy but just upbeat and nostalgic I guess kind of like Unova route 10 <3

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Normally most of the hometown themes from each generation sound more like a... breezy town kind of music. Think of Nuvema Town and New Bark Town as examples of those things, they sound more like you're beginning your adventure and the feeling of the town being calm and peaceful.

So I'd think the same thing would happen with Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, unless the player starts in a city like as in Black Version 2 and White Version 2.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But upbeat can work too, given that it's a whole new journey and ~exciting~ and generally when receiving your first Pokemon it's an exciting experience :3

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Aspertia has the best 'breezy' feel though. Nuvema doesn't have that upbeat feel to it. Then again, my own theme isn't that much upbeat either. Reminds me of New Bark.

blue

gucci
Years
Aspetria had the best Home Town music since Littleroot Town IMO, I'm hoping they can capture a similar piece for this regions Home Town.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Junichi Masuda's been improving a lot. I'm sure he'll come up with something good.

ALSO, I've finally finished my newest theme ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4FTp60Fz-c

[Pokemon X and Y - City of Tranquility ] (Designed to be the 'opposite' counterpart of the City of Souls, my second latest production, this theme is like a small beacon of hope, a 'good luck' present for those who are about to embark themselves on a long, tiresome journey.)

Can someone give me some feedback ^^

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

Years
Junichi Masuda's been improving a lot. I'm sure he'll come up with something good.

[Pokemon X and Y - City of Tranquility ] (Designed to be the 'opposite' counterpart of the City of Souls, my second latest production, this theme is like a small beacon of hope, a 'good luck' present for those who are about to embark themselves on a long, tiresome journey.)

This is a brilliant theme! I think it would actually be more fitting for a city, somewhat like the one that was shown in the trailer. It just has that feel of the city being really busy and everyone walking from one place to another

Actually, I think this one would be perfect for the city that was shown in the trailer, y'know... the one that has the Eiffel Tower in it. ^^

I think you're just as good as Junichi Masuda would be in his music composing. ;)

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
This is a brilliant theme! I think it would actually be more fitting for a city, somewhat like the one that was shown in the trailer. It just has that feel of the city being really busy and everyone walking from one place to another

Actually, I think this one would be perfect for the city that was shown in the trailer, y'know... the one that has the Eiffel Tower in it. ^^

I think you're just as good as Junichi Masuda would be in his music composing. ;)

Oh my goodness...thank you so much for the compliment! It's now the 'featured work' at the arts page! ^^ Still, Junichi Masuda is PROFESSIONAL xp he's been working there for like, so many years. I'm like 15 years old x3 I think I'll have time to catch up though :D

Platinum Lucario

Years
Hm... I'm expecting the music when the Gym Leader is down to his/her last Pokémon to be something like this in Pokémon X and Y:

Now I can just imagine myself battling one of the new gym leaders in Pokémon X and Y. ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So I was wondering yesterday but forgot to bring it up. Does anyone else think that the additional music, like the violins etc in the random locations in B/W that add to the soundtrack will return again? Do you think they'll be way more common this time?

gold/silverFTW

Ecruteak Champion
Years
I would really love the main Paris city to have french-like music with accordions and french vocals. That would be awesome! It would be cool to also add instruments on or off when talking to people, like at Village Bridge. :D

That was pretty good, actually! It sorta reminds me of Aspertia City and Castelia City mixed together, and it sounds great! Good job! :)

Last edited:
Years
The names X and Y make me think of genetics and science and such, so I can definitely see the music having a bit of an electric/techno feel to it. ...Because science = techno XD

Oh wow, I hope so.
I would love to see a more electric feel to the Pokemon music.

I want the music to stand out. For example, a lot of the music in R/S/E didn't catch my interest. It was mostly just some background music.
So I'm hoping the music will be a bit more memorable and catchy than previous music.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The one thing I'm hoping for in terms of music is now that we've advanced systems, having more than just the sound system we've had before. I'd love to see some full orchestra music incorporated for things like Gym battles, as it would just sound much more dramatic and intense that the Gameboy instruments that we're used to.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah actual instruments would be a godsend, no more MIDI please. For anyone who would wonder what Pokemon music with orchestration is like, direct yourselves to the title music of B2W2.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Exactly. The title screen for B2/W2 was incredibly done, and I'd love to see that carry through for the rest of the games. The MIDI files are kind of outdated now I feel like. Actual instruments would sound amazing.

Back