• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which is better???

What game is better?

• Total voters

weirdo1

Like I care...
Years
Which is better...Ruby or Sapphire? I personally like Sapphire cause it's my first game in advance generation.

Last edited:

Simplicity

~♥~
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2019
What I think?

I prefer sapphire because I like kyogre and the pokemon they have instead of ruby. Plus I think sapphire is more for girls and ruby is more for boys thats what I think anyway...

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
Years
I would prefer Sapphire better even though I have Ruby cause u can get many Moon Stones. In Ruby, you can get many Sun Stones but only Bellosom can use it. Also, Kyogre's moves are much better and can win in link battles. And the Rainy weather is much more dramatic (I think) So I would prefer Sapphire.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
Years
Eh, I like Sapphire even if only because it's Blue :) It was the first pokemon game I ever played, before LG, FR, R/B/Y ,G/S/C and everything else.

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
Years
nope not for long RUBY cause i like its pokemon and the legendarys and its my first Hoenn region one i bought and since my fav pokemon is shiftry its ruby and i like red more

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2017
I like Ruby Better, the fact that you can catch a Zangoose and a Solrock is enough for me, plus Groudon can destroy Kyogre with a solorbeam.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Even though I never played it, I'd have to say Sapphire. I would have bought Sapphire too, but the shop was fresh out on them ;-; Not only do I like the exclusive Pokémon in Sapphire more. I absolutely adore Seviper, and Latias is so cute ^o^
The difference is the Pokemon. Like in Sapphire you get Latias and Kyogre.
You forgot about Lunatone/Solrock, Seviper/Zangoose and Lotad/Seedot

poke lover

Pokemon Master
Years
I like both the versions the same (this appies to all the Pokemon games). Mainly because both have good Pokemon and they are pretty much equal. BUT since I pretty much only have the red versions out of all the generations I go for Ruby :D

DININI

Haruhi#s #1 fun! Join the SOS!
Years
I prefer ruby cause i like red. Also i love groudon and latios...:)

Latias-

(¯`·._)Latias LOVER(¯`·._)
Years
Smarties-kun said:
Even though I never played it, I'd have to say Sapphire. I would have bought Sapphire too, but the shop was fresh out on them ;-; Not only do I like the exclusive Pokémon in Sapphire more. I absolutely adore Seviper, and Latias is so cute ^o^

You forgot about Lunatone/Solrock, Seviper/Zangoose and Lotad/Seedot
I know, but i just wrote some of the difference Pokemon. Not all of 'em.

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2007
I just like them both they are also both needed to complete a dex

Toadsworth

I'm bored..... Blerk...
Years
I would not choose one, Kyogre is better then groudon. But Latios is better then Latias. They are both the same, you cannot say its better.

Years
BestDutchGuy said:
I would not choose one, Kyogre is better then groudon. But Latios is better then Latias. They are both the same, you cannot say its better.

True bout dat. ur really da best guy in Holland lol. But personally I think Sapphire is better coz I play Sapphire more than Ruby n Sapphire is more popular although both r quite evenly matched.

Back