• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon HarvestCraft | Version 2.0

Should I release a next Alpha or a first Beta or Complete

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
Years
I made an account just to post and download this mod.

I have a couple of questions:

1.) How does 'farming' work? (regarding the berries)

2.) Will you implement a way to permanently increase the amount of power hearts you have? (for example, a certain item would let you increase your maximum power hearts to 15 instead of 10)

Besides that, I'm enjoying this mod so far. :)

Keep up the good work and I hope you continue through with it. Also are you taking beta testers?

1.) Berries grow like in the original game.

2.) Yes. I already have foods in the game (Pumpkin Pie, Gogoats Milk, Cake, Fried Egg) but they are only for gifts for now.

Pi25

Wandering
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 17, 2021
I got surf What to do now
?

Find a water pokemon and teach it surf. Surf in the forest till you see a little opening with a fake tree and a bit of open area. The entrance to the second farm and other stores is there.

Years
Well I Am In The Second Farm Where Theres Library But What To Do After That. I Surf Around A Bit And Went To THe House Full Of Pot With A Girl With A Green Hair. Cant Talk To Her Though.

Years
I love the concept of this game! Even though it's short so far, it was fun to play and explore. My only gripe is that the normal growing rate of berries is way too slow for farming (for me, at least.)

Anyways, I look forward to any news you share and, of course, new game updates.

Best wishes : D

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
It would be better if the whole game will be like only Harvest Moon like :) Love the idea hope you improve it more. Well, I've never seen an idea like this before.. hope it will be successful as it should be in the future.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I like this, it's a good concept.

Get some custom Pallettes, Custom Tiles, and Custom OWs, and it'll be a swanky lil' game.

Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jun 18, 2018
ok, i managed to get tm surf. i have a water type pokemon, but it isn't able to learn surf. what pokemon can learn surf? and how do i use the fishing rod?

Chaotic_Echo

Professional Debutante... Well, Semi-Pro
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
I'm having the same problem. I saw a video on youtube where Froakie learned surf, but I started the game with Fennikin. :/ Caught myself a nice Staryu and everything thinking it would help me get across the lakes in the forest, but nope.

Anyway, I really like the game. Cool concept. Still a bit buggy but hey you don't make any kind of software and expect it to work perfectly on the first or even second and third tries. I hope it'll continue to be updated. One of the things I'd like to see that someone else mentioned before is a change to the berry growth rate. It's pretty slow going right now. I hope it'll either get sped up a bit or alternately that you'll be able to use items/abilities within the game to speed the process up yourself the farther you progress in the game. For example, maybe one thing that would be valuable to do is incorporate a day counter where when you go to sleep to recover those hearts you roll over into the next day. And each berry would have a certain amount of days until it grew and ripened, in which time you'd only need to water a berry once a day to help its growth. But if you don't remember to water it or you keep sleeping and sleeping over and over your berries wither and die off without attention. You could also have other day-oriented events going on so you really have to start getting a schedule strategy like you do with the harvest moon games.

I understand that might be getting a bit difficult though. Once you start touching the original code for those kind of in-depth mechanics you can really dig yourself into a trench and create all sorts of new bugs.

Last edited:

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
Okay.. So I downloaded the patch and tried to patch it to my Pokemon Ruby ROM, but I got an error saying it's not an IPS file. How do I fix that?

Chaotic_Echo

Professional Debutante... Well, Semi-Pro
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Okay.. So I downloaded the patch and tried to patch it to my Pokemon Ruby ROM, but I got an error saying it's not an IPS file. How do I fix that?

What file extension is it currently, a GBA? There's probably an open source easy conversion tool out there somewhere.

RuFF

Years
ok, i managed to get tm surf. i have a water type pokemon, but it isn't able to learn surf. what pokemon can learn surf? and how do i use the fishing rod?

Sorry about that. Only froakie and skiddo can learn surf. I changed tm overheat to tm surf and i forgot to changed the tm compatibility of the pokemon.

Anyway, I really like the game. Cool concept. Still a bit buggy but hey you don't make any kind of software and expect it to work perfectly on the first or even second and third tries. I hope it'll continue to be updated. One of the things I'd like to see that someone else mentioned before is a change to the berry growth rate. It's pretty slow going right now. I hope it'll either get sped up a bit or alternately that you'll be able to use items/abilities within the game to speed the process up yourself the farther you progress in the game. For example, maybe one thing that would be valuable to do is incorporate a day counter where when you go to sleep to recover those hearts you roll over into the next day. And each berry would have a certain amount of days until it grew and ripened, in which time you'd only need to water a berry once a day to help its growth. But if you don't remember to water it or you keep sleeping and sleeping over and over your berries wither and die off without attention. You could also have other day-oriented events going on so you really have to start getting a schedule strategy like you do with the harvest moon games.

I understand that might be getting a bit difficult though. Once you start touching the original code for those kind of in-depth mechanics you can really dig yourself into a trench and create all sorts of new bugs.

I didnt changed anything about the berries. I dont know what happened. Your suggestion is great but I am just a starter so I cant script that, sorry.

RuFF

Years
This Hack is being Restarted

Same Storyline
Some Features will be removed (The Ugly Ones)

What are the changes?

Spoiler:

I think it's going to be a slow progress because I work alone and I gotta go to School
Well hope you like it

I'll be uploading a video of a demo of TORCHIC Ranching later

EDIT: Here it is

Last edited:
Years
I really enjoyed the demo, so I'm excited to hear that it's coming back~ Good luck, and take all the time you need!

Back