• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I'd recommend starting the game now, going to the first Pokemon Centre and grabbing the ticket, just in case. You can always pick the game up later and do the actual event, but I'd play it safe on the actual getting of the Liberty Pass/Ticket/Billete/whatever the hell it is I don't remember.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I have a panpour that I used to defeat the 1st gym... is it worth keeping for E4?

Besides Oshawott (which you don't have access to anyways) Panpour/Semipour is the BEST Water type in the game, sure it starts to lack around the 2n gym but once it get's Scald and the Water Stone, it starts to pick up some weight. It can also get neat Water / Grass Coverage with Grass Knot, and belive it or not it can learn the alimighty Acrobatics, argueably the best move In-Game. It also get's Focus Blast to deal with pesky Steels and Darks. Semipour may not what it takes Type Wise, but it makes up for it with awesome coverage.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Do anyone know if the Pokemon you put to sleep for the dream world changes the Pokemon you meet? Like with the pokewalker's effect that when your Pokemon is super effective type wise, you have reduced steps to find the rare Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Most wanted Dream World Pokemon?

I'm still learning the complexities of the Pokemon Dream World and would like some help choosing which Pokemon to take "home."

Here are my choices today:

• Rattata - Male - Hustle
  • Nidoran - Male - Hustle
  • Surskit - Male - Rain Dish
  • Mareep - Female - Plus
  • Nidoran - Female - Hustle
  • Farfetch'd - Male - Defiant
I'm guessing I should take one of the Nidorans?

Also, if the experts could share advice on how to best select Dream World Pokemon, I would appreciate it and I imagine others would, too. :)

I know that females are typically preferable to males since they can pass on abilities, but, beyond that, I'm all but clueless.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
iv been trying for 4days i can defeat N but i allways get stuck on ghetisis hydrogeidon
it allways kills my pokemon with dragon pulse and i have a lv55 haxorus

iv been trying for 4days i can defeat N but i allways get stuck on ghetisis hydrogeidon

Last edited:

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years

A Beartic or a Cryogonal can be your best friend. Just watch out for Flamethrower (it isn't STAB-ed, so it won't do very much damage, but still).

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
i have a beartic but its only lv37 so i will have to give it loads of training its currently in the day care :(

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021

Hydreigon, surprisingly, doesn't weild a Dark move, so you can actually use something like a Reuniclus and hit it back with a Focus Blast. You can also use a "Cursed Body" Jellicent to wall the Hydreigon, and stall with Potions against the Hydreigon's Dragon Pulse util it get's Disabled with Curse Body, then it can't touch you for Neutral/Super Effective Damage. Then you can use Toxic / Will-O-Wisp to then stall it out.

Trust me it works, on my 2nd Run through Black I used a Eviolite Frillish (which isn't as bulky as Jellicent since it's lacking Base HP) to take care of that threat.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
i have a beartic but its only lv37 so i will have to give it loads of training its currently in the day care :(

You have two options: Victory Road w/ Lucky Egg, or Audino grinding w/ Lucky Egg. I'd suggest Victory Road, it doesn't take as long. Train up to level 50, at least.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Going by my Reuiniclus / Jellicent advice, Jellicent can take 3 Dragon Pulses at Lvl 46, and Reuniclus can take 3 at Lvl 48, cut's some grinding in half, but Beartic is still a solid option aswell.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
okay last thing what would be a good moveset for my beartic and a braviary

i have
lv55 haxorus with dragon dance,dragon claw,x scissor and rock slide
lv51 zoroark with aerial ace,punishment,shadow ball,agility(might change to grass knot)
lv52 carracosta with aqua jet,rock slide,crunch,shell smash
lv53 victini with zen headbutt,flame burst,wild charge,reversal
and a rufflet lv47 deciding on moves at the moment it has
sky drop,crush claw,shadow claw,air slash

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Rufflet isn't really a good Pokemon, even more so against Ghetsis, though an ideal move set would be (if it has the ability Sheer Force):
Crush Claw, Fly, Shadow Claw, Rock Tomb

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm still learning the complexities of the Pokemon Dream World and would like some help choosing which Pokemon to take "home."

Here are my choices today:

• Rattata - Male - Hustle
  • Nidoran - Male - Hustle
  • Mareep - Female - Plus
  • Nidoran - Female - Hustle
  • Farfetch'd - Male - Defiant
I'm guessing I should take one of the Nidorans?

Also, if the experts could share advice on how to best select Dream World Pokemon, I would appreciate it and I imagine others would, too. :)

I know that females are typically preferable to males since they can pass on abilities, but, beyond that, I'm all but clueless.

The Pokemon you pick can be picked for any reason. Because the ones that you can get at first aren't that great (not until you get about 10,000 points), I usually go with ones that I can never get ingame outside of White Forest, but that's because I'm trying to fill my Pokedex.

Put it this way - if you Dream World enough, you'll have no problem getting any of those Pokemon again.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2011
how can i start a new game? I already got a save, i want to delete that, but how? Overwriting is not possible i think.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I want to start EV training my level 1 dratini (dragonite eventually) for competitive battles. I was thinking a mild nature with 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spd. Right off the bat if you think this is bad tell me, if not can you tell me which mobs I would have to kill and how many times each? I'm just not sure how to calculate it.

He will have pokerus and the macro brace. Thank you.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
how can i start a new game? I already got a save, i want to delete that, but how? Overwriting is not possible i think.

on the "continue newgame mystery gift" screen hold down L+R+A+start, and t should give you the option of erasing all data, which then allows you to save with a new game.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
When you come to the title screen, press up, B, and select simultaneously and it will ask you if you want to erase all data.

I want to start EV training my level 1 dratini (dragonite eventually) for competitive battles. I was thinking a mild nature with 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spd. Right off the bat if you think this is bad tell me, if not can you tell me which mobs I would have to kill and how many times each? I'm just not sure how to calculate it.

He will have pokerus and the macro brace. Thank you.
I'm not completely sure on this but you must kill 14 Patrat's or Lillipups (can be a mix of both), 63 Litwicks and 25 Basculins.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
When you come to the title screen, press up, B, and select simultaneously and it will ask you if you want to erase all data.

I'm not completely sure on this but you must kill 14 Patrat's or Lillipups (can be a mix of both), 63 Litwicks and 25 Basculins.

But once I do that? My EVs will be maxed and I can kill whatever pokemon i want without ruining the EVs??

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But once I do that? My EVs will be maxed and I can kill whatever pokemon i want without ruining the EVs??

Indeed. Once your EVs are maxed (You can talk to a girl in Opelucid City who will say your Dratini "put in a great effort"), you'll be free to fight anyone and the EVs will remain the same.

Confirming chaos' numbers, they all look right after calculating it out myself. A little help though:

-For attack, just go to Route 1. All the Pokemon available to kill there give you 1 attack EV (Patrat and Lillipup), excepting the Audinos in the shaking grass which you should avoid.
-For Sp.Atk, go to the Celestial Tower. There are only two Pokemon there - Litwick and Elgyem. Both give the same EVs. Kill 63 of them in any combination, as long as overall it's 63. I personally do this right next to the nurse in Celestial Tower so she can heal me.
-For Speed, go to Route 1 and surf off the coast. You will only run into Basculin, makes it easy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
You're all very helpful. Just a few more questions:

Once my pokerus goes away I get a little pink symbol, it still has the pokerus effect on it right?

An example for my next question: If I want to get 56 attack, and i have pokerus (x2 evs) and machobrace (x2 evs) i only have to kill 14 patrats? Does this count if another pokemon kills them for my dratini who is wearing an exp share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back