• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
My tenure of using an iPhone as my primary phone concludes this Tuesday. Went up and bought a OnePlus 5T and I'm looking forward to setting it up!

Years
My tenure of using an iPhone as my primary phone concludes this Tuesday. Went up and bought a OnePlus 5T and I'm looking forward to setting it up!

I'm guessing you didn't go for the 6/6T because of the notch? xD

At any case, welcome to te 5T club!! I'm at least using mine until the OP7 or the Pixel 4 releases.

Years
I'm guessing you didn't go for the 6/6T because of the notch? xD

At any case, welcome to te 5T club!! I'm at least using mine until the OP7 or the Pixel 4 releases.
Yeah, the notch was one thing that turned me down. :p However, price point on the 5T (under $500!), plus storage size and RAM were enough for me to settle on the 5T.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Yeah, the notch was one thing that turned me down. :p However, price point on the 5T (under $500!), plus storage size and RAM were enough for me to settle on the 5T.

I'll be honest, the notch on my phone doesn't really bother me. I'm not constantly looking at it so it's not really bothering me. Besides, it's only using the space that's reserved for the notification bar, so it's not like there's anything important there to begin with.

Years
I just think it's a boring design choice when every other phone in 2018 has a notch. It makes the phone itself feel... less unique.

Gotta say, only the OnePlus 6T so far did the notch right.

Last edited:
Years
I just think it's a boring design choice when every other phone in 2018 has a notch. It makes the phone itself feel... less unique.

Gotta say, only the OnePlus 6T so far did the notch right.
Yeah, the OnePlus 6T's looks to be the best one I've seen to date. However, that still does not change my opinion on the notch.

Years
oof. RIP.

Still considering what other phone I would even want at this point. I might just wait until 2019 because I'm not a huge fan of the notch craze going on.

Even if I'm going to get used to it eventually, I'd much rather just not have the notch there tbh.

Years
I feel like I need a new phone by end of next year because my phone has issues charging (and it's not the charger because it works on other stuff), and I feel like it's going to end up going to the crapper soon. :\

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I feel like I need a new phone by end of next year because my phone has issues charging (and it's not the charger because it works on other stuff), and I feel like it's going to end up going to the crapper soon. :\

wait didn't you just get a new phone?????

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
well

that depends on your definition of "just got a new phone"

i got my phone the beginning of this year tbh

so i guess if anything lasting me a year wouldnt be awful

I really thought you just got a OnePlus phone like a few months ago around when Zach did. #oops

Years
hopefully without a notch, but one can only dream /shrug

i really feel that the whole notch thing is really just a gimmick for this year and it might not be a thing by next year.

.... Of course, that's just me either being optimistic and probably naive, but still.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Any ideas why my browser (Vivaldi) opens on start-up of my computer, even though it doesn't have an option for that in settings, and it's not listed in the list of programs that start on start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back