• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most annoying phone call

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
The calls that are just trainers ranting about their bad pokemon losing to worse pokemon.
Then there's mom. I swear it can play out like this:
Ghosty gets a call from mom. Ghosty walks into a pokemon center. Ghosty walks out. Ghosty gets a call from mom.

Shiiny Pikachu

SUPER AWESOME SHINY PIKACHU
Years
Joey bragging about how his rattata is the best rattata in the world. Yet,it always seems to lose to Pidgey.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I like the calls where the person talks about me being inspiration toward battling =]

The calls that are just trainers ranting about their bad pokemon losing to worse pokemon.
Then there's mom. I swear it can play out like this:
Ghosty gets a call from mom. Ghosty walks into a pokemon center. Ghosty walks out. Ghosty gets a call from mom.

Can't you visit her and tell her to stop saving your money? Lol

chillxd

メインモシ
Years
Joey bragging about how his rattata is the best rattata in the world.

Oh, you mean THIS Rattata.

rattata.jpg

Lol. Lyra's calls are weird too. ._.

Like when she told me that there are Totodile on the route where there's always rain... (Right of Azalea town)

Being the noob that I am, I rush there and look for a Totodile. Lol.

When I got there...

iChill: WHAT? NO TOTODILE?!

RAGEFACE.png

chillxd

メインモシ
Years
All of them so far, especially the ones from Joey :/

Awww... Poor Joey... He's getting so much hate...

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Joey!!!!....

Much better... ._.

Advice for HGSS newbies:

Don't save numbers unless they are important (or autosaved.)

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
I like the calls where the person talks about me being inspiration toward battling =]

Can't you visit her and tell her to stop saving your money? Lol

As much as I'd like to, I actually like that she saves my money. It can be really helpful when your slightly broke and you need a quick wad of cash.
But Mom's impulse spending is still far too high a price to pay for her keeping a bank.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
^That makes no sense though. It was your money in the first place and the fact that you're
losing some of it would make it pointless to let her save it.

Or if you're a guy, just accept the ones from girls and the tough ace trainers.

I never actually accepted Joey's number. I thought ahead on that one lmao

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2010
WORST... CALL... EVER.

Ring ring ring!

*looks at Pokégear*

iChill: Oh great... Another Joey phone call.

*answers call*

Joey: Bla bla... Remember my Rattata? It's different from other Rattata... Know what I'm saying?

CLICK BEEP BEEP BEEP.

iChill: Yeah the Rattata I pwned. >.>

I've got the same problem. This stupid Joey kid keeps ringing me to talk about the Rattata (that I have beaten before) and goes on about it. Honestly, can't he just phone me for a battle instead of yapping on about his claimed 'amazing' Rattata?
Oh well, at least I get a grin when he phones up saying he was about to catch a Metapod but that he 'failed.

Always put's a smile on my face...

chillxd

メインモシ
Years

I've got the same problem. This stupid Joey kid keeps ringing me to talk about the Rattata (that I have beaten before) and goes on about it. Honestly, can't he just phone me for a battle instead of yapping on about his claimed 'amazing' Rattata?
Oh well, at least I get a grin when he phones up saying he was about to catch a Metapod but that he 'failed.

Always put's a smile on my face...

Lol yeah. Joey always gets owned... Wether he battles a trainer or just some random wild Pokémon... He still gets owned somehow. ._.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 29, 2010
What about Erin? She calls and says "Erins pokemon is getting tough. know why? Cause I'm Erin!" or something along the lines.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Well I just flew to route 30 to get Joey's number, went inside a house, called him, we arranged a battle, and what do you know "HE EVOLVED HIS RATTATA"

=/ lmao

Years
Mom calling me X amount of times per day to tell me she's wasted my money on more berries (admittedly though, those things saved me during the battle with Lance). Joey calling me about his Rattata(which has evolved into a Raticate now o-o).

And of course-

Oak: YOU SURE ARE CATCHING A BUNCH OF POKEMON! *CLICK*

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Gah. Joey... -.-

You have a Pokemon that is neither powerful nor pretty. That's not something to brag about. Now, if you groomed it, made its fur all shiny, brushed its teeth, curled its tail, cleaned its nails, gave it a bow, entered it in a Contest or gala or something and it won a prize, maybe it would be worth bragging about.

'Cause let's face it, it ain't getting any stronger.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
Years
^That makes no sense though. It was your money in the first place and the fact that you're
losing some of it would make it pointless to let her save it.

Or if you're a guy, just accept the ones from girls and the tough ace trainers.

I never actually accepted Joey's number. I thought ahead on that one lmao

I just like using banks in videogames, I personally think it gives me a good fallout in case I go broke. Plus, having ALL your money ALL at once might cause you to spend more, therefore you may go broke faster. Just my opinion...

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
By far Joey is the most annoying one, maybe eventually he'll start talking about his prized raticate.....i mean its gotta evolve some day

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2012
I never give out my number and my Mom doesn't save my money so the only calls I get are from Lyra telling me stupid crap I already know. I love how shes gives you information about a place 20 minutes after you left the damn location. XD

Years
Prof. Oak
Your catching a lot of pokemon
click ... ...
WTF! why is he getting all suspicious about me doing what he asked my to do?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
Joey is definitely the worst. "OMFG DUDE GUESS WHAT! MY RATTATA JUST BEAT A LEVEL 1 PIDGEY, ISN'T THAT AWESOME. JUST WAIT UNTIL IT'S GOOD ENOUGH TO BEAT A SPEAROW! KTHXBYE!" I'm like wtf just happened? And that Ralph guy is like "I love my Pokemon more than my kids, thats not weird at all right? I should be at the hospital right now because my wife is going into labor but I'm just gonna stay here and fish for more Pokemon."

Back