• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
On Ruby, I think they share the same palette. Just make both exactly the same and it should work. FR is a completely different story, ugggh.

Edit: Make sure in GIMP or Photoshop or whatever, that both sprites are not only the same color, but use the exact same color order. After rereading your post, that is where I think you went wrong. The colors aren't in the same order in the indexed images.

I opened up the hero front sprite in irfanView and exported the palette, imported it into the hero back sprite and tried it again and it still doesn't work

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I opened up the hero front sprite in irfanView and exported the palette, imported it into the hero back sprite and tried it again and it still doesn't work

Open up the sprite in GIMP. (The one whose palette is currently working.) And paste the broken image over it. This will force the palette. (Adjust the size if necessary, but DON'T touch anything else.) Now, export the image and import the new one back into the game. It should work then.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
eh screw it, ruby sucks too many problems. > : (
i'm going to switch to firered and i'm trying to import the palettes and blocks from ruby into some of the fire red tilesets however do to size restrictions in fire red for max # of blocks for tileset 2 (i.e. ruby allows a max of 512 and fire red 384), if i try to insert the blockset of course it'll be off due to me having to resize the tileset 2 down. Is there a resource around where someone has already converted all the ruby tilesets into fire red block sets? :| i know besides that, fire red will be fine for hacking but there are some tilesets in ruby that i absolutely love

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
eh screw it, ruby sucks too many problems. > : (
i'm going to switch to firered and i'm trying to import the palettes and blocks from ruby into some of the fire red tilesets however do to size restrictions in fire red for max # of blocks for tileset 2 (i.e. ruby allows a max of 512 and fire red 384), if i try to insert the blockset of course it'll be off due to me having to resize the tileset 2 down. Is there a resource around where someone has already converted all the ruby tilesets into fire red block sets? :| i know besides that, fire red will be fine for hacking but there are some tilesets in ruby that i absolutely love

You could just import the tiles you need, and not the whole thing. Plus usually tileset 2s have free tiles.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
I have inserted 2 fakemon in my hack
and i want them to evolve into each other I think you know what i mean,

So i edited in YAPE that it evolves into the other fakemon on LVL 16
but when it goes in evolution it is about to do the quick change sprite thingy and then it doesnt change and it says : ...?

can someone help me?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have inserted 2 fakemon in my hack
and i want them to evolve into each other I think you know what i mean,

So i edited in YAPE that it evolves into the other fakemon on LVL 16
but when it goes in evolution it is about to do the quick change sprite thingy and then it doesnt change and it says : ...?

can someone help me?

Are you hacking FireRed?
If you are, then I think you will first have to activate the National Dex for PKMN beyond 151 in the national dex number to evolve.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Yes I am hacking fire red.
Thankyou!

If you don't want to enable National Dex, then do this:
At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0.
For Stones do this:
At 0x126C4D change from D9 to E0.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
If you don't want to enable National Dex, then do this:
At 0xCE91A change the next 4 bytes to 00 00 14 E0.
For Stones do this:
At 0x126C4D change from D9 to E0.

Its fine with national dex thanks

But yet my problems are far from over *sigh*...
why is learning to hack such a pain in the ass...

i dont know how but when i battle with a trainer when the 3th or second pokemon comes out the game just reboots..
its really anoying..

if someone can help that would be awesome

GoGoJJTech

Years
Its fine with national dex thanks

But yet my problems are far from over *sigh*...
why is learning to hack such a pain in the ass...

i dont know how but when i battle with a trainer when the 3th or second pokemon comes out the game just reboots..
its really anoying..

if someone can help that would be awesome

You probably messed up the data for battles, which is a result of 2 things:
1: Not repointing to free space
2: Using A-Map 1.95

GoGoJJTech

Years
what has advance map to do with data battles if a may ask?

and i use XSE it automaticly points me to free space.

1: Advance map 1.95 just randmoly throws your data wherever it wants, which is why it's unsafe. It's just a beta that wasn't ever done.

2: XSE: You should use offsets after 0x720000. For Emerald do 0xE50000.

Marohak

Asker of Dumb Questions
Years
Does anybody know where i can get Black/white and Diamond/Pearl trainer sprites resized to 64x64.

I tried doing it myself but I'm really rubbish.

Thanks

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
1: Advance map 1.95 just randmoly throws your data wherever it wants, which is why it's unsafe. It's just a beta that wasn't ever done.

2: XSE: You should use offsets after 0x720000. For Emerald do 0xE50000.

Okay i tought that i had 1.9.2 but i have 1.9.5 -_- so now i have 1.9.2 what do i have to do now?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Okay i tought that i had 1.9.2 but i have 1.9.5 -_- so now i have 1.9.2 what do i have to do now?

Try to see if you can port over to a clean ROM? The ROM you have is now corrupted, sorry. But if you don't know where the trainerbattle routine is, you may need to start on a new ROM (It's not as hard as you think. Porting from one ROM to another is not hard at all.)

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Try to see if you can port over to a clean ROM? The ROM you have is now corrupted, sorry. But if you don't know where the trainerbattle routine is, you may need to start on a new ROM (It's not as hard as you think. Porting from one ROM to another is not hard at all.)
:(
that sucks but i have all the scripts i used only need to recreate the maps *sigh*

PS what do you mean by porting?

GoGoJJTech

Years
:(
that sucks but i have all the scripts i used only need to recreate the maps *sigh*

PS what do you mean by porting?

porting = moving
BTW, advance map 1.92 has an export map feature... So it exports events and such too. Just tilesets you import in the block editor. The scripts will need to be moved too, but that's probably it if you only did maps and scripts. Also the battle data can be exported.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
porting = moving
BTW, advance map 1.92 has an export map feature... So it exports events and such too. Just tilesets you import in the block editor. The scripts will need to be moved too, but that's probably it if you only did maps and scripts. Also the battle data can be exported.

well just found a backup of my hack thats not Corrupted and is much cleaner!
so I move up from that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back