• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Special Spot in Your Heart

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Alright guys, I know we all have those 2 or 3 pokemon that will always have a special spot in your heart. Name them off, and state why they have one. Go!

Umbreon - First Pokemon I ever got to level 100.
Charizard - Charmander was the first pokemon I ever got, and seeing him grow was great :D; I also had a Shining Charizard card back in like 1st grade that I traded. Had I know it would be worth over $100 now I wouldn't have traded it lol.
Typhlosion - Gold/Silver era was the one I spent the most time playing. And Typhlosion was in the save where I got Umbreon, so you know I gotta included big boy :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Ahh definitely. For me one of them was definitely my good ol Charizard as well. In Gen ll, my favorite Gen, I had a Meganium and I loved it because I got it to lvl 100. And although I was not too young when Ruby came out its great seeing my old Pokemon from 2004 in my B/W :)

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
My Torterra from Pokemon Pearl!
It was my first Pokemon, and the first Pokemon to become a fully evolved starter! It also helped me defeat Crasher Wake quite easily :D
Another Pokemon with a special place in my heart is my Floatzel. He is the one who defeated Cynthia's Roserade! I was really worried because I thought I was screwed, but Floatzel managed to keep together, and he won.
The last Pokemon with a very special place in my heart is Reddin, my Charizard. In Battle Revolution, whenever there is a tough opponent that has managed to take out my other Pokemon, Reddin is the one that is always the last one standing, and also is one that makes a comeback.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Pokemon that holds a special place in my heart is Swampert; it's the first Pokemon I got to level 100 and it's my first starter Pokemon ever.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't really have any memorable Pokémon, so here goes...

Grovyle - first Pokémon I really got attached to.
Oshawott - really cute, and Ash's Oshawott's attitude is something I want in a friend.
Cyndaquil - innocent and it's so cuuuute
Pichu - I PLAY THE UKULELE TOOOOOOOO but srs it's cute.
Axew cuz it's cute too. Iris' Axew also has a good "friend" attitude.

These are the ones I like he most and will always remember.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
I have a few,
Ponyta- I saw a picture of Ponyta in kindergarten, 9 years later and I still love Pokemon.
Pips the Empoleon- My very first Pokemon in a game, I lost that copy of platinum but I got a new one.
Uxie and Rya the Rhydon- These Pokemon where the reason I won HeartGold.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

The one that holds the biggest space in my heart is definitely Blaziken. He wasn't my first ever starter, but he was my first in Gen III, and pretty much the only one I use. He has helped me out in so many ways, also the sturdy reliable one, the one I could make a comeback and win a battle with. I love his design, the original (and best) Fire-Fighting starter. I love his moveset, and helped me sweep the E4 easily. He crushed Sidney's Dark team, smashed phoebe's ghost pokemon and smashed Glacia's Ice types. It is a great Pokemon.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Espeon/Umbreon.

I liked the first three Eeveelutions already, but these two made me love em' even more. Their designs are awesome and I just adore them. I try not to have a team without an Espeon or Umbreon on it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Dragonite - I remember back when I played Pokemon Blue, that one day, I struggled for over 4 hours to catch a Dratini in the Safari Zone. And then, when I finally caught it, I started leveling it, until it evolved into Dragonair, and then finally Dragonite! But I didn't stop there - it's the first Pokemon that I got to level 100 :)

Jolteon - It's my favorite Eeveelution. All the eeveelutions are awesome, so my favorite has a special place in my heart <3

Mewtwo - It's my favorite Pokemon. Not because it's the strongest, I don't care about that, but it's just a really cool Pokemon!

Zoroark - When I saw how brave this awesomely designed Pokemon fought in the movie "Master of Illusion", I just fell in love with it. Since then Zoroark has occupied my desktop xD

I think that's it... for now.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I have a Mightyena named "Karimlan". It has the most fitting name I gave. Also a Weavile by the name "Midnight". Same reason as Karimlan's

Sirfetch’d

Blastoise. My first pokemon was Squirtle and Blastoise was a tank in my blue version. I used it so much it had to be on level 101 by the time my internal battery died. lol

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Ok let's get started

-infernape: Chimchar was the first pokemon I ever owned and infernape is the first pokemon to be brought to level 100
-Crobat: in every adventure I just need to have it I don't know why I like it so much
-Luxray: First pokemon I did a solo run with.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2023
Pikachu, the 3 Kanto starters, Pidgeot & Butterfree; the original team of my first Pokemon cartridge ever (Yellow), following in the footsteps of Ash's original team in the anime I grew up watching as a kid.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Cyndaquil - First Pokèmon game was Silver and it was my first starter and I evolved it and got it to Level 100.

Pikachu - My favorite Pokèmon because I watched a lot of the anime and I grew attached to it. Then someone gave me a Pikachu figure which made it my favorite Pokémon.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
My very first Pokemon, Midnight and Purrish. I played them in Pokemon Colosseum and I got them both to LV 100. I remember Purrish had a calm nature and Midnight a rash nature. I'll never forget 'em <3 (Espeon and Umbreon)

My Skitty/Delcatty from my first run of Mystery Dungeon, Angelpuss <3 <3 <3 <3

My current LV 65 Delcatty from Pokemon XD, Lavish. She's tougher on the battlefield than one might think, a good confuser/attractor.

My Luxray from the first run of Diamond. What the hell did I name him, I can't remember now... oh my gosh I really can't recall his name D: Anyways, I got him to like LV 98 but restarted the game.

Last edited:
Years
Bulbasaur was my first ever Pokemon and that gives it a special place in my memory. On my first ever play through Blue I beat the first couple of gyms with it really easily while my friends struggled with their Charmanders. I kept thinking how amazing I must be at Pokemon. lol

Jigglypuff also stays in some strange, balloon shaped place in my heart because it's so freakin' cute and I remember it from the old episodes of the anime when I was watching it.

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
Feraligatr- My very first starter pokemon and still my fav. of all.Ever since I first laid my eyes on him, he has been my fav. water type f all...

Umbreon: The first pokemon I ever had the decency to train to level 100, Also, with its close association to moon, it still commands a special place in my heart.. :)

Pikachu: The mascot of Pokemon Franchise....
Need I say more....

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Raichu: First pokemon keychain i've ever liked
Bulbasaur: First starter I ever actually liked.
Sneasel: The perfect snuggle pokemon!!! =w=

Back