• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awkward Crushes

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Have you ever liked someone who was either taken or who was an incompatible sexuality (for example, if you were gay and they were straight)? How did you deal with it? Did they know you liked them? Did anything ever happen in the end?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've had crushes on guys who had crushes on my sister and ended up dating her. 2 or 3 of them, in fact, haha. To be fair, they weren't dating her when I developed the crush!

All of the times pretty much, I just dealt with it. Sometimes they knew and sometimes they didn't, but either way we still stayed friends and I got over the crush eventually, usually before my sister got over the relationship. :P

Edit: ALSO I HAD A CRUSH ON A GAY GUY ONCE. But he hadn't come out by then so I didn't know!!

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Actually, I have had an incident where my best friend went out with one of my crushes that I had, had a crush on for 3-4 years and I really tried to avoid them both at school until they broke up and I had my chance. In the end, they both broke up and I was no longer interested in my crush. I think they did know I liked them since we were pretty close friends from the beginning of starting school.

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
I had a huge crush on my friend's ex-girlfriend while he was in jail... that was awkward.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've had crushes on quite a few straight guys, but it's not really a problem any more since I'm used to it now, it's more just eye candy now. ;p The only awkward crush on another gay guy was a guy who was a bit older than me but had a boyfriend already... I kept hoping they'd break up or something because he flirted with me quite a lot but it never happened so meh, at least he stayed happy :)

#isthenumbersign
Years
I've had the awkward-but-oh-so-common crush on my friend's bf. Of course I would never do anything to affect their relationship, so I just keep my mouth shut. It usually fades pretty quickly.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Honestly, I get crushes as quick as light. When I look at someone, I'm like, "Oh, that dude's got something nice about him, he's my new crush." The awkward thing about this, is it happens on old people over thirty.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I had a crush on my friend's sister at the time during my senior year in high school, until I realized she was 17 of course.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ooh. Okay. Well. In high school I had a crush on one of my friends who is gay but he hadn't come out to us at that point so idk. And it wasn't a huge crush.

But right now I am on the receiving end of an awkward crush and also have an awkward crush. There's this boy and he's like four... five? years younger than me and he's kind of on the edge of my friend group and he likes me and has told me he does and also says he's not giving up on me which is annoying. And I promised it wouldn't be weird but he's making it weird and it's very awkward and I don't like it.
Aaaand it doesn't help that he knows I have a crush on one of his best friends which is weird because that's my ex's little brother and part of the really close friend group. And this whole situation is annoying so I'm like... ignoring it as best I can and hoping it will go away. :D

ps hi I'm Anna and I'm really open about stuff that nobody cares about

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
My best friend. He was completely cool with it though, and it wound up making our strong bond even stronger.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Haha last year a friend of mine was going out with a guy I knew, but we would always secretly flirt. We never went out though, and stopped flirting after her boyfriend found out. They broke up, but last month they started going out again.

Recently though oh god... Both my best friends like two different girls, and I feel bad for liking both of them. #imscrewed

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I have a big crush on this hot trumpet player haha. He's got a girlfriend though (but they never act like they're together or even hang out wtf) and I have a boyfriend. I'm happy with who I'm with though. BUT YOU KNOW IF SOMETHING HAPPENED HE'S NEXT IN LINE MMM

But yeah I don't think he knows, haha. I've never talked to him except like once when I asked him something, cause I figured he'd know since he's a section leader but yeah. totally caught him looking at me once okay.

y'all are all gonna think i'm a skank now ugh lol :(

Edit: OMG how did I forget!!! I had a HUGE crush on Hiidoran last year and at the time, he had not come out as gay and when he told me, it was the "I have a boyfriend now" speech which made it worse cause not only was I finding out he was gay, but he was TAKEN. TAKEN DAMMIT. I'm sorry if you're reading this and want to punch me, Bear. lol :( Love you! He's my homo and I'm his hetero so it's all okay. :3 We tend to act like a strange married couple anyway.

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I used to like someone a few weeks ago that was formerly in my Spanish C.P class and my Art 1 class, but I have her for Gym. I heard that she is dating a senior, despite both of us being freshmen.

I said that I liked her without nervousness and fear, and she was shocked though others laughed at me. She would glare at me whenever she sees me and she randomly screams at me and my friend's ear.

She used to hate me because I almost took a picture of her and was about to send it online. xDDD A few people knew and if I would have sent it online or if people spreads this, I'd get killed.

She's friends with my main crush and her twin sister, and they know what happened.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've had several of them on PC alone haha. Most of them knew, I wasn't exactly secretive about it. And nothing ever happened because I'm gay, they were straight and in completely different countries :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Plenty of times. :( I've gotten a lot of crushes on girls in the past when I know the feelings can't be returned and it sucks. I think I had a crush on a guy who turned out to be gay once, too, but at the time I had a crush he claimed to be totally straight anyway and it was online and thus harder to tell so I don't blame myself for that one haha. Well, not that I blame myself for the others since you can't really help who you're attracted to but at least I realized those were lost causes from the get go.

I just don't admit to it ever so it never made a difference and the crushes either faded entirely and/or the feelings transformed into purely platonic feelings and all was well.

Back