• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever not wanted to evolve for aesthetic reasons?

Aromatisse

My Snorlax Has Sleep Apnea
Years
I prevented Mikey the Munchlax from evolving, but one time I pressed B and he evolved into Snorlax anyway?

It worked out for the best, because Snorlax's speed is really bad, but Munchlax's is basically nonexistent.

I'm working on breeding Munchlaxes right now, actually. Once I find the perfect cutie/a shiny Munchlax, he'll be getting my everstone and he'll stay adorable forever.

I'm sorry, but Munchlax is the cutest Pokemon in the entire game. And he is SO much fun to play with in Poke Amie. Aesthetically, I prefer Munchlax over Snorlax. :)

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I don't evolve my Ivysaur or Wartortle unless I need/want the data for Venasaur and Blastoise. I like the design of Ivysaur and Wartortle better then their evolved forms. And their faster than their evolved forms, too.

I don't evolve my Bayleaf ever. Out of its evolutionary line, it have the best design. The others just look odd and never appealed to me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
Only time I don't evolve a Pokemon is an Eevee. I always have at least one Eevee for completion when I'm training eeveelution party/ies

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I've never had this dilemma until today actually.
I didn't want to evolve Braixen into Delphox, not just because of how it looks, but when it attacks with its 'wand' he spins it back into his tail.
It's an awesome animation haha, but now I'm with Delphox who just takes out his wand 'swish's and flicks' then places it back into his side...

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
I used to feel this way all the time, but not anymore. I know I was hesitant to evolve Wartortle, Piplup, Torchic, and countless others, but then I got over it. I mean, they were the same pokemon I loved before, so I invariably ended up liking them just as much. ^_^

S3venAces

Amateur Pixel Artist
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Deino and Zweilous for me...despite their final evolution being a beast. Literally.

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
I agree with many people here that I much prefer Braixen to Delphox... not only is Braixen super-kawaii but it(she) has much cooler animations. I've deliberately bred myself some new female Fennekins so I can have a female Braixen in my party.

Of course some good IVs etc would be nice too. :D

Back