• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White Promotional Mall Tour in US

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Those living in the USA will be able to participate in a special Black and White tour spreading across the country. From February 5th until March 20th, in 14 different stores across the USA, certain events will be occuring throughout the stores. This includes demos of the games before the release, a free screening of the Zoroark movie, a scavenger hunt, a download to get Celebi and more!

Below is more information on this tour.

POKÉMON LAUNCHING NATIONAL MALL TOUR TO SUPPORT RELEASE OF POKÉMON BLACK AND POKÉMON WHITE VIDEO GAMES

Blockbuster Year For Pokémon Franchise Kicks Off With Opportunity For Fans To Play Highly Anticipated Video Game Titles

BELLEVUE, Wash. - January 11, 2011 - Pokémon Trainers get ready... the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems are touring America! The Pokémon Company International announced today that one of the most anticipated video game releases of the year will be supported by a multi-city national mall tour starting February 5th - a month before the March 6th U.S. launch of the games. The 14-city tour will give fans an opportunity to discover all-new Pokémon while playing the brand-new adventure that has already taken Japan by storm. The mall tour will kick off a blockbuster year for the franchise with more activities, entertainment, and product releases on tap throughout 2011.

Each two-day stop along the Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will offer fans a truly immersive experience based on the new world found in the video games, with Pokémon taking over malls to celebrate the marquee releases. Video game demo areas will showcase Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, allowing fans to experience the games firsthand. Families can attend a free screening of the new Pokémon feature-length film, Pokémon-Zoroark: Master of Illusions, at theaters located at the mall tour stops. The tour also features Pokémon character meet and greets with brand-new starter Pokémon Snivy™, Tepig™ and Oshawott™, a mall-wide scavenger hunt, a special Celebi™ character distribution at GameStop stores; plus contests, prizes, and much more! A Pokémon Center store offering merchandise will also be on-site.

"The anticipation for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version has been palpable, and we are eager to introduce these fantastic new games to America," said J.C. Smith, The Pokémon Company International's director of Marketing. "We cannot wait to hit the road and give Pokémon fans an up-close and personal look at an all-new world of Pokémon in a fun, totally immersive environment."

The Pokémon Black Version and White Version Tour will run every weekend through March 20th in the following cities:

February 5th and 6th:

* Seattle, WA (Westfield Southcenter, Seattle, WA)
* Cleveland, OH (Westfield SouthPark, Strongsville, OH)

February 12th and 13th:

* San Jose, CA (Westfield Oakridge, San Jose, CA)
* Memphis, TN (Wolfchase Galleria, Memphis, TN)

February 19th and 20th:

* Los Angeles, CA (Westfield Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA)
* Indianapolis, IN (Castleton Square, Indianapolis, IN)

February 26th and 27th:

* Denver, CO (Town Center at Aurora, Aurora, CO)
* Philadelphia, PA (Franklin Mills, Philadelphia, PA)

March 5th and 6th:

* New York, NY (Westfield Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ) (Actually Friday and Saturday, March 4th and 5th)
* Minneapolis, MN (Mall of America®, Bloomington, MN)

March 12th and 13th:

* Dallas, TX (Grapevine Mills, Grapevine, TX)
* Atlanta, GA (Discover Mills, Lawrenceville, GA)

March 19th and 20th:

* Phoenix, AZ (Arizona Mills, Tempe, AZ)
* Jacksonville, FL (Orange Park Mall, Orange Park, FL)

The mall tour kicks off a historic year for the Pokémon franchise that will introduce an all-new trading card game expansion, feature-length film, animated series, and merchandise. The multi-pronged rollout will thrust the Pokémon brand into the spotlight across its many entertainment offerings.

- PokeBeach

I'm kinda disappointed it's only in the USA, since that'd be really awesome - but I doubt a store nearby me would do so anyway even if it was in Australia. Though I do think this will be great promotion for the games and possibly boost sales with the demos going on during the tour.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
ARGH!!! :cer_pissed: I don't wanna go all the way up to Jacksonville. :cer_cry:
It's kinda strange that they would continue the promotion after the games were released.

blue

gucci
Years
This sounds like a good event would have thought they stopped around 5th March though, too bad I'm not from the US :(

However if anything is revealed we'll probally find out a day later.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Mostly likely new names for Pokémon, moves, characters, or towns will be revealed since we pretty much know everything else already.

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
Years
I knew it would be at the MoA~ Hooray! I'm excited for this. I've never been to an event of this kind.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Yes, I can go to the San Jose one! That's not too far away. :D
I'm getting excited but most of the stuff there will probably be pokemon and things I already know.

Last edited:

sabapple

Fly High☆
Years
Sounds exciting but I don't think that my mom would be willing to take the train again to NY/NJ. Just in October we took it to ComicCon so she probably doesn't want to go back so quickly...

... Maybe.... Maybe I can get her to take me... ^^ She'll probably be put off by the mobs of people but hopefully, it's only an hour away... *Grumble*

Last edited:

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
Years
I'm gonna try and be at the one in Grapevine, despite the fact that by March 12 I'll already have my copy of Black.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
Years
America only... ;_;

Once again, Canada is ignored...
FOREVER ALONE.

Does anyone know if the Celebies are being distributed at stores other than the ones being visited by the tour?

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
Ugh, I don't want to have to drive to Indianapolis for it but I want to go. XD I think it would be fun to go but heck if I know, I am 18 now so may be a bit odd driving 3 hours to show up where a majority of kids will be. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
;_; I was really hoping they'd hit at least one mall in Canada. I know they did some sort of event in Toronto for... was it HGSS or Platinum? One of the two. So I was disappointed that there was nothing Canadian on that list. Or even anything really close to the border. Baaaw.
Once again, Canada is ignored...
FOREVER ALONE.

Does anyone know if the Celebies are being distributed at stores other than the ones being visited by the tour?
Celebi is at TRU or Gamestop (I forget which one), but no announcement over whether it'll be in Canada too or not. :(

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
0_o

OMG OMG OMG! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO GOING!

It will be an oprotunity to play the game, and get some english names. Since its hard to make a "restricted" demo for main pokemon games, you will probably play through the normal story line. Most of the pokemon that appear at the begining of the game, haven't been revealed in English yet. So we can expect the get the english names of the home town, yorterri, minezumi, bel, cheren, ect, ect, ect.

So i am as excited as (insert noun that discribes my burning excitement for the event here)

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
YES! Phoenix! I'm definitely going!

I'll already have my copy of White on the 19th, but I'm still going, regardless.
:)

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Wow, there's none in Virginia? That sucks, but oh well. Have fun to all who are going to be participating.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I never been to one of theese. Wait theres been previous events? The only one i know if is when pokemon started lol (have the vhs)

I might go, if I can. Wooo Seatle thats only.. 2-4 miles away. Why not olympia the capital, where i can go by myself too xD

feb 5.. If they release anything new there, and if you go ill try to report the stuff! :P

The Red Chain

Still so excited after hearing this! That is certainly some amazing news!
I'm really happy that B&W is getting it's own tour, and with all kinds of goodies! Especially the Zoroark movie! <3 Talk about really exaggerating the games! GF and Nintendo sure are proud about B&W.
They are gonna arrive here in Denver.. I wish I could go but I doubt anyone would want to take me.. D:
My family is a bunch of anti-Pokemon people because they think I'm too -old- for it now. One day I'll get my permit and I can just take my own self. xP

Guess I'll miss out on Celebi this time... </3
Oh well! At least I'll have shiny Suicune and can at least get Zoroark. ;D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I've never been to those kinds of events, but I don't like the fact that it's US-only. I don't want to go all the way to California just for a video game promotion.

Speed

Skyward
Years
The closest mall to me that's doing this event is in Jacksonville, and that's 7 hours away. Oh well, I won't miss out on much.

Back