• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Were you aware of the Sevii Islands?

LonelyBarstool

Master Bird-Feeder
Years
On my first playthrough of Fire Red I beat the Elite Four and then thought the game was over. (It was my first time playing ok) Only until my third time playing through the game did I figure out there was more islands to explore after the Elite Four and that you could catch gen III pokes on them. So my question is, were you aware of the Sevii Islands after the Elite Four on your first time playing through the game?

Years
Dude... Of course I was...
I mean... Prof Oak tells you of weird pokemon on the region...
So I explored the whole place, then I got to Celio's place and looking in that cave for the Ruby I saw a Slugma... That's how I knew.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I treated myself to buying the guide book after beating the main story, so yeah, I knew about them. Plus you're told about them anyway, so it was all the more reason to get the guide book, so that I could learn about these new islands. While I had a computer then, it wasn't my computer so looking something up whenever I wanted wasn't readily available to me, haha. So yeah. :) I hate that they made you wait til post-game for breeding though, but that's a topic for another day.

LonelyBarstool

Master Bird-Feeder
Years
Ok guess I was a little not bright at the age of 7, but i was curious if anyone else made the mistake and to answer your question vaporeon, the sevii islands are different than the ones after blaine

Years
LonelyBarstool said:
Ok guess I was a little not bright at the age of 7, but i was curious if anyone else made the mistake and to answer your question vaporeon, the sevii islands are different than the ones after blaine
I'm guessing you're talking about 4-7 Islands, then?

I think I had a pretty good idea that more than just the first three islands existed, just because of the name of the islands collectively resembled, well, seven. Still, going back to the Vermilion port after beating the Elite Four was a nice surprise, just knowing that there was still more to see and do, and that our journey wasn't over just quite yet.

Years
I did knew about those and the 4,5,6,7 ones too, because I got a pass when I caught more than 60 Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2013
I knew but I chose to stop playing. My teams sucked really badly ~10 years ago so I didn't want to get into more trouble with my Pokémon.
Looking back I think I just wanted to speedrun through the game, which I think is a bit sad but after all I was busy with school (and still am...).

One thing I'm happy about is that I skipped so many things when I was a kid that playing the game now should be a whole new experience.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
haha, well I'm pretty sure 1-3 are shown after you defeat Blaine. I knew about the islands, but it took me forever to figure out how to get the pass to 4-7

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
haha, well I'm pretty sure 1-3 are shown after you defeat Blaine. I knew about the islands, but it took me forever to figure out how to get the pass to 4-7

Years
i just loved my leaf green game, i somehow got my hands on a guide but i would have just wandered kanto but im fairly sure they tell you about it after the elite four, and as a good little pokemon trainer i did exactly what the game told me to do

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Honestly i didn't know about it when I played leafGreen. I had quit by the time i got my 6th badge and started playing hacked pokemon games. It wasn't until my Poison Mono-Type Challenge that I actually played it all the way through and found the islands lol...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Funny thing that happened to me, before FR/LG came out (I think it was even before Crystal), someone told me, he has been on some number shaped islands in his first gen game. Even though he lied it's funny to see numbered islands in the remakes.

By the time FR/LG came out I saw someone playing one of the games, being on one of the islands, so I knew about them, before I played them for myself.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I didn't have a clue they existed, when I saw Bill coming to visit me after I got my Volcano badge I was like 'whah?' ... It was a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

Back