• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new evolution methods [FR]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
A simple request:

I read earlier that this is supposed to be easy, but my ASM skills are none. Could someone create a routine that evolves a Pokemon holding an item at ANY level and ANY time of the day WITHOUT losing the item.

This routine has been created for night-time and day-time respectively, but I would like to have it regardless of time.

Example: Dusklops at ANY level at ANY time of the day --> You give him a hold item --> Dusklops evolves and you get to keep the item afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay hello there Pokecommunity I'm trying to insert new evolutions for my base and I keep getting stuck at step 2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Once you are done assemble the .asm file and place it in your ROM somewhere. Now go to your table and add another entry pointing to the assembled code (you do NOT need +1). Now

So I have 3 questions

1. What do I put in for the "##"
2. Do I compile what's in the second spoiler and if yes what do I have to do to get it working is it just a simple paste write and nothing more or do I have to do more to it
3.so once I put the assembled routine in for the first spoiler do I have to go back to my reprinted evolution table and write the pointer down? And if so is it the first pointer or would that be somewhere else

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
So I looked at the Dawn Stone Routine, but I wasn't sure how to correctly use it;

Spoiler:

Does the "indexes" refer to the indexes of the Pokémon that evolve by Dawn Stone (Kirlia, Snorunt), or the indexes of Pokémon that have evolved from Dawn Stone (Gallade, Froslass)?

And....

Spoiler:

What does it mean by main function, and what does the 0x4318e refer to?

(I'd been trying to find a method of evolving Kirlia and Snorunt into Gallade and Froslass without making Gardevoir female only and Glalie male only. I have the Dawn Stone in my hack, but it won't work as it should.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2017
I am pretty much clueless as to how to code in asm, but by looking at the day and night held item evolutions and some trial and error, I managed to remove the day/night check for a any time held item evolution. It's pretty useless if you have day/night in your hack, but if you're like me and hacking firered without adding a clock, it has its uses. Anyways, here it is:

Spoiler:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
I am pretty much clueless as to how to code in asm, but by looking at the day and night held item evolutions and some trial and error, I managed to remove the day/night check for a any time held item evolution. It's pretty useless if you have day/night in your hack, but if you're like me and hacking firered without adding a clock, it has its uses. Anyways, here it is:

Spoiler:

Whoa! Thanks a lot for this! Does this remove the item?

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016

Spoiler:

Pretty sure you didn't remove the check, but bypassing it with some useless code.

Just remove these line:
Spoiler:

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
I dont know whats happening but there is some error with the male and female evolution.

they work perfectly fine but the name of the pokemon doesnt change at all.
i set if male then evolution of squirtle into pidgey to check,
it evolved into pidgey but the name still remained squirtle....
any idea how to fix it???

actually seems like its the error with all the methods listed

EDIT: can anyone pls help me with it!
Its not a major error that causes the game crash but its still a error, I want to make my hack game as much as errorless as possible
so anyone pls help me.
simply you can check if its happening to you also or nor!
If not I will try once again :D
Thanks .....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Guys I tried to insert male evolution but before the evolution the screen goes black and the game stopped, what can I do?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Have you expanded your Pokémon? If yes, you need to change this line:
Code:
pokemondata: .word 0x08254784

For your next questions give some details.

I've inserted it, now it doesn't crash, but now when the pokemon should evolve, it doesn't
Maybe I must get the National Pokédex?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Well, then you have did something wrong, can you show me your routine location and your evolution table?
And if you can tell me the exactly steps you've followed, it will be good.

I'm using pokefreak890's 1020 base

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2020
could someone send me a link to an asm compiler ive found like a dozen links but every single one of them was broken and i dont know any names of compilers to narrow down my search... (i know literaly nothing about asm or compilers so im trying to learn but with out actualy having one its hard lol)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 15, 2020
ok so i had my goodra style evolution in my game and when i tested it i thought it worked fine but i just found out that for some reason if i level my pokemon in the rain and hes not a high enough level (example: i set my squirtle to evolve at lvl 8 in the rain into blastoise [dont ask y lvl 8 random number i know lol]) the screen of my game just stays black and cant do anything else :/ anyone know why this would happen?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 4, 2018
Ehm.... Hi
I have a question. How can i do an evolution like Kirlia to Gallade (or Snorunt to Frosslas)? With male (or female) and item? Please help

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 30, 2019
I don't understanding ASM yet but just copy the code,compile and after edit aini in G3HS?
Someone can create a routine like Gligar, Happiny and Sneasel evo mode but without Day/Night condition?

I want do this to allow Trade pokemon evolve with Lvl Up with item, like Scyther -> Metal Coat + Lvl Up -> Scizor or Graveler to Golem with Hard Stone

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
Years
Can you make an evolution routine for using an item in a specific map?

That's hard to do because it involves two parameters. The first one is the item number and the second one is the Map Number. Unless there is a specific item or specific map that will be used for checking. I'll be back with an evolution routine which requires a table to be created.

Back