• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
The bit at the end was part of the same footage from the previous video with Kyouhei talking to Akuroma with their Lucario/Magneton.

If you guys are interested I found a good quality one with english subtitles (it doesn't include he new part with Mei/Cheren)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq...n-black-2-white-2-animated-trailer_videogames

The Japanese voice acting is cool, if they make an English one they'd have to do good voices, not like, girly sounding Ash Ketchum. >.>

If they made this in English I think it would really, really help Pokemon in general because right now in America, everyone who doesn't play it just thinks of Pokemon as a child's game. I know if people find out I play it their reaction is mostly "Uh... Pokemon? Really?" (especially because I don't have any rl friends who play it or any legit videogames at all :( Lapras is all alone) If this was in English and more people who didn't play the games saw this it might change the overall look people have and might think it's actually something cool.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I just saw the new scene with Mei in it and I'm kinda sad they pulled that from the clip that was out earlier. She should have gotten some of the spotlight when it first aired. Wonder how it was found. =\

It was a DVD or it was reaired with the full clip. Mei's only show time apparently is between Male PC choosing his Starter and meeting with Colress.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I just saw the new scene with Mei in it and I'm kinda sad they pulled that from the clip that was out earlier. She should have gotten some of the spotlight when it first aired. Wonder how it was found. =\

I totally second this. They could've aired Mei's part with the full trailer when it was first shown. D:

But I can't help but wonder what the purple beam-like attacks Serperior and Stoutland were using (is it Hyper Beam? I'm not too sure) actually were.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It was Hyper Beam. Its actually very close to the current Game version. Serperior uses it and then Stoutland uses it to block Serperior's Frenzy Plany (She shouted Hard Plant so I knew what that was) since I think that's the only Beam like attack that both share. I know I've heard Hyper Beam's japanese name before in the anime so I'm 90% sure it was Hyper Beam.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I still wonder why they took that one minute section out of the full entire clip, like, why was she excluded? I'm more than likely reading too much into it, but it's still odd that they did remove her spot from the trailer when it aired on television.

Years
I still wonder why they took that one minute section out of the full entire clip, like, why was she excluded? I'm more than likely reading too much into it, but it's still odd that they did remove her spot from the trailer when it aired on television.

The only thing I can think of is time restraints. I imagine they were only able to show so much when it originally aired, and for whatever reason they chose to cut this particular segment.

Also, I found a better quality version - now with SUBTITLES~ (and the other one was apparently taken down, so)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
really good trailer, im so excited for this game to come out in english so that i can make some good teams on it

Years
I loved the updated trailer, Mei looked so cute animated.

Also, more Cheren! He looks so amazing.

I love how they animated Hyper Beam and Frenzy Plant, they looked so epic.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Mei's VA is SO FREAKIN FAMILIAR BUT I CAN'T PLACE MY FINGER ON WHO IT IS! I know they used her voice in the Pokemon Anime already. It may have been a movie, but I KNOW they used that voice before.

Years
Mei's VA is SO FREAKIN FAMILIAR BUT I CAN'T PLACE MY FINGER ON WHO IT IS! I know they used her voice in the Pokemon Anime already. It may have been a movie, but I KNOW they used that voice before.

I'm pretty sure it's Lisa Ortiz. She voiced Sabrina, Oshawott, Cassandra, Flannery, Daisy, Mars, Liza, Miki, Aya, and others in the series, and Neesha, Lisa, Rebecca, Bianca and Oakley in the movies, along with several others. She's also the voice of Lina Inverse from Slayers and was Amy Rose until recently.

Rival sounds like Sean Schemmel, who voiced Jimmy, Morrison, Lucario, Cyrus, and various others in the anime...and also Goku, which makes his "I'M GONNA RAGE" line hilarious. I can't unsee him going Super Sayain now, and his already wild hair doesn't help >>;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Urrgg, Elesa's VA made her scene seem soo dull, her JP VA did a better job.

"Hey, heads up, I'm about to unleash my rage" just, no... pls, no.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
OMG WHITE KYREMU/ WHITE KYRUEM AND BLACK KYREMU / BLACK KYRUEM ROCKS...... unlike haters, i think B/W two/2 has a chance. :3

Years
I'm pretty sure it's Lisa Ortiz. She voiced Sabrina, Oshawott, Cassandra, Flannery, Daisy, Mars, Liza, Miki, Aya, and others in the series, and Neesha, Lisa, Rebecca, Bianca and Oakley in the movies, along with several others. She's also the voice of Lina Inverse from Slayers and was Amy Rose until recently.

Rival sounds like Sean Schemmel, who voiced Jimmy, Morrison, Lucario, Cyrus, and various others in the anime...and also Goku, which makes his "I'M GONNA RAGE" line hilarious. I can't unsee him going Super Sayain now, and his already wild hair doesn't help >>;

You are correct, Mei's voice is Lisa Ortiz. Jason Griffith voices Cheren and Sean Schemmel voices the rival (Hugh).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Urrgg, Elesa's VA made her scene seem soo dull, her JP VA did a better job.

I have a feeling that Elesa was still voiced by Eileen Stevens in the dubbed trailer.

Also, Bianca sounds different in the trailer than in Best Wishes; I was kind of expecting Erica Schroder/Bella Hudson to voice her there. I wonder who voiced Bianca this time around?

Colress gave me the Dan Green vibe though.

Cheren sounded a bit like Cilan, only a bit deeper too.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The same guy who voiced Goku, voicing Hugh? That doesn't seem to fit. "Hey, heads up, I'm about to unleash my rage." is probably the worse part of the whole thing cause he sounds too serious and I can't stop thinking of Goku.
Elesa sounds too emotionless, should of just went with Eileen Stevens who voiced her in the anime dub.
Whoever voices Bianca in this in my opinion does a better job than Erica Schroeder/Bella Hudson does in the actual anime.
I might be the only one who likes N's voice. It's exactly how I hear N when playing the game except a slightly deeper tone.

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
"Hey, heads up, I'm about to unleash my rage." - That's his catchphrase? That's his catchphrase? It's terrible!

Yeah, compared to the Japanese version, the dub was terrible. I guess that was to be expected though.

Back