• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Pokémon attacks VS Game Pokémon attacks

what has better Pokémon attack animations?

• The Anime

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • The Games

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
what do you like better as for animation of Pokémon attacks? the attacks in the Anime or the attacks in the game?

I like both but I chose Anime because I like how fire attacks come from the Pokémon's mouth... plus I like the water attacks from there too because I have a thing where I want to drink that water

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Anime attacks and in-game attacks are all the same—their strength depend on the power of your Pokémon, some Pokémon can learn them and some can't, etc. etc. I like the ones in anime, though, as they have better effects.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think there's a rather big difference between attacks in the games and in the anime. The anime is, in ways, much more realistic about it. I'm talking battles overall though.

Both in the games and in the anime, one single move can sometimes OHKO a pokémon, whether it's super effective, just strong or the pokémon was in luck (critical hit). The anime helps you visualize what really happens when some moves are used. I like that they changed Ember to be really embers rather than small flames. And Confusion, I didn't understand how that worked until I saw Psyduck in the anime make its opponents stumble or accidentally hit themselves in confusion.

All in all, if there's something I still love watching in the anime, it's the big battles. The games, being turn based and all, can't be as vivid as the anime.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I think there's a rather big difference between attacks in the games and in the anime. The anime is, in ways, much more realistic about it. I'm talking battles overall though.

Both in the games and in the anime, one single move can sometimes OHKO a pokémon, whether it's super effective, just strong or the pokémon was in luck (critical hit). The anime helps you visualize what really happens when some moves are used. I like that they changed Ember to be really embers rather than small flames. And Confusion, I didn't understand how that worked until I saw Psyduck in the anime make its opponents stumble or accidentally hit themselves in confusion.

All in all, if there's something I still love watching in the anime, it's the big battles. The games, being turn based and all, can't be as vivid as the anime.

I pretty much agreed with everything you said. Even in XY I still look at the moves going ( um... alright I guess that happens? ). The anime helps you visualize how pokemon are able to use moves and TMs rather than leaving it to your imagination on how it works.

Back