• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
just dislike the fact that all the gym leaders generally have only 3 pkmn on their team...

Years
OK, so Skyla's team is another similarity to her old team except she now has Skarmory in place of Unfezant.

Let's hope Drayden and Shizui's teams don't end up bad like Burgh's.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Drayden's team is Druddigon and Flygon at Level 46 and Haxorus at Level 48

Higher than his team last time. And this time he's the 7th leader, lmfao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
OH COME ON. They stopped RIGHT before they got to Shizui. Hurry up people!
But I am LOVING the teams now!

Perriechu

Years
Aaand lastly, Shizui's team is Wailord and Carracosta at Level 49 and Jellicent at Level 51.

edit: We get Scald from him

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I have compiled all the gym leaders and their teams in one post.

Elesa- Emolga Lvl. 28, Flaaffy Lvl. 28, Zebstrika Lvl. 30
Clay- Krokorok Lvl. 31, Sandslash Lvl. 31, Excadrill Lvl. 33
Skyla- Swoobat Lvl. 37, Skarmory Lvl. 37, Swanna Lvl. 39
Drayden- Druddigon Lvl. 46, Flygon Lvl. 46, Haxorus Lvl. 48
Shizui- Carracosta Lvl. 49, Wailord Lvl. 49, Jellicent Lvl. 51

My Comments: Towards the end of the game, them levels skyrocket.
Also, Drayden no longer has an underleveled Haxorus! And to top it off, I love how Skyla's team got a slight buff, switching Unfezant for Skarmory.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Aaand lastly, Shizui's team is Wailord and Carracosta at Level 49 and Jellicent at Level 51.

edit: We get Scald from him

That is so anti-climatic. How are they suitable for a last gym leader?! idek. That sucks though, I can't use my fighting types all the way through unless Scrafty!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have compiled all the gym leaders and their teams in one post.

Elesa- Emolga Lvl. 28, Flaaffy Lvl. 28, Zebstrika Lvl. 30
Clay- Krokorok Lvl. 31, Sandslash Lvl. 31, Excadrill Lvl. 33
Skyla- Swoobat Lvl. 37, Skarmory Lvl. 37, Swanna Lvl. 39
Drayden- Druddigon Lvl. 46, Flygon Lvl. 46, Haxorus Lvl. 48
Shizui- Carracosta Lvl. 49, Wailord Lvl. 49, Jellicent Lvl. 51

My Comments: Towards the end of the game, them levels skyrocket.
Also, Drayden no longer has an underleveled Haxorus! And to top it off, I love how Skyla's team got a slight buff, switching Unfezant for Skarmory.

Ooh, what a level spike between the 4th/5th gyms. But I would've liked it if Skyla, Drayden or Shizui had at least 1 more Pokemon on them to make them more of a challenge.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I am so in love with Shizui's Team. I'm gonna have my Jellicent battle his in a mathc of love. <3
didn't see Wailirs coming, which is totally beast mode. And he gives you Scald! Yay! I love the selection of everyone elses Pokemon as well. This is going to be fun!

Perriechu

Years
The level jump is going to be hard. I barely beat the league last time when they were all level 50. ;;

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
By the time i was at a gym or event my team was at or exceeded thier levels its probably because of the many tricks i do
-before i reach the first city, my starter has to be at least lv 10
-i battle EVERY trainer (even magikarp mans)
These make me overpowered so the level jump would not be a problem for me

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Once I saw Drayden's team, I had a smile on my face. Then moving on to Shizui's....holy hell his team is on par with the E4 in the previous games. I generally like the level spike, shows that there may be lots of training and battling to be done to get to those levels.

Still miffed about the three Pokemon thing, but it consistency towards BW1 I'm guessing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Once I saw Drayden's team, I had a smile on my face. Then moving on to Shizui's....holy hell his team is on par with the E4 in the previous games. I generally like the level spike, shows that there may be lots of training and battling to be done to get to those levels.

Still miffed about the three Pokemon thing, but it consistency towards BW1 I'm guessing.

Consistency period is what i'm loving about the Gyms. I'm so excited about everyone's teams and levels.
That level spike is ridiculous! There must be some type of event between the gyms that allows for training to get to those levels.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Shizui's team sounds strong...Jellicent is going to proably be his hardest Pokemon to beat.

This level jump is higher than previous games, guess there's going to be alot of training before hand for me.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Consistency period is what i'm loving about the Gyms. I'm so excited about everyone's teams and levels.
That level spike is ridiculous! There must be some type of event between the gyms that allows for training to get to those levels.

Exactly; I'm excited for the battles now. shows that there is continuity since some of the returning Gym Leaders did have level raises in the Pokemon.

Shizui's team sounds strong...Jellicent is going to proably be his hardest Pokemon to beat.

This level jump is higher than previous games, guess there's going to be alot of training before hand for me.

That is what I'm hoping for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back