• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mapping Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
My Forest Tutorial

Here's my second tut. :)

STEP 1 - Plains
Like usual, let's start with a 20x15 map. Cover the map with grass, as this will be the base.

tut.png

STEP 2 - Trees
Forests are covered with lots of trees. When doing this, you may want to border the map with trees, but make sure the trees are natural. Forests aren't always perfect, you know.

foresttut2.png

STEP 3 - Decoration
Decorate the map with some variety. Throw in a few flowers here and there, and some bushes.

foresttut3.png

STEP 4 - Water and more details!
Again, water is essential in life. You don't have to have too much water (or it'll be a rainforest). Just a bit will do, to attract viewers. Also add more trees. Not just the borders should have trees, because trees can grow anywhere on a map!

foresttut4.png

STEP 5 - Light Grass Patches, Man-placed objects, grass, events, screen tinting (All Detail!!!)
Remember, all grass shouldn't be just one color. That would look too bland. Add a few light grass patches, dirt patches, and throw in some objects. Make sure not to put too many objects, or else it would look like a forest house instead of a forest!
Events can also attract people. Even from frozen people, to the little moving pokemon, each event will capture the viewer's attention.
Last, a forest should never be bright, event during the day. Keep the tint dark, to make the forest feel spooky and it makes it more realistic like.

foresttut5.png

FINAL PRODUCT
This is our final product:

foresttut5.png

You see? Just following these basics, you can get your map like this... and it only took 5 minutes to map! ;)

~Jeff

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
The forest is pretty good but it looks to clutterred. Shoulds there really be plant pots there?

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
This thread helped me alot with my game!Thanks!

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
Valdorath said:
Ok how do you open hack games and play them??
2 things
1. This is not a hack
2. This is not the help thread

Why don't you do more tutorials. How bout Towns or citys or sea routes or bottom floor of buildings or buildings with more then 2 floors

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Great wrk.. It helps mi alot... Thx 4 da help....

sobeman459

????????
Years
  • Age 33
  • Here
  • Seen May 3, 2007
wow these really helped alot can u do one for a see route or city or a regular route next once i learn to do thwem i can finish mapping my game lol great work guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back