• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Shattered Era [T] (OOC/SU)

Should players be allowed to have characters on both sides of the conflict?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Huh, weird. Did you try spacing it out in word, or in the 'Go advanced' thingie? Because I've experienced, if you do it in Word, it doesn't space out properly when you copy paste it to here. Might be the problem!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Sir Bastian Well... I am GM so it makes sense that I am able to warp time and space around me so that I can write and post much faster then you. It's just how GM's work, we have mad skills :cool:.

@Black Hawk It may be that you need to refresh your browser to start editing. Just write down what you can right now. If it still won't space out for you by the time you have your SU ready to go just PM it to me and I can later post it in here. Remember, take your time we're not ready to start the RP until we get more players.

Discordant Harmony

Dispensing Donuts
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 28, 2014
Huh. The map Greiger sent me still doesn't work, but Bastian's works fine. Strange.

Either way I have it now, thanks for the help.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
This seems like a great RP! I can't wait to join!

Name (Self-explanatory.): Necro (pronounced like the word knee at the "ne" part)

Age (For Knights the age range can be from 15 to 35. For Mechanists the age range can be from 18 to 55): 23 years old

Gender (Self-explanatory.): genderless (if you are allowing usually genderless pokemon to have them then male)

Pokemon Species (What are you?): Spirtomb

Newborn or Entrenched Mechanists (For Mechanist players.): N/A

Job Title: Knight-Commander

Appearance (One paragraph required. Make sure to include your weapons/armor for this section.): Looks like a regular Spirtomb when without armor except a slightly darker purple. The armor "he" wears is dark gray and a little beat up and rusty with an oran berry on the front. The armor is tight so it stays on. It has long triangular shoulder-pads above where the arms should be. The armor also has a collar like part to hold onto the gem and the string around it. ("he" can tuck in his "head" with his armor to appear as an ordinary stone)

Personality (Two paragraphs.): "He" seems a little crazy to most pokemon so other knights tend to avoid "him". "He" is strict about being a Mechanist and will grow suspicious of anyone who mentions them in any way but "the enemy". "He" often bashes technology into walls and such until it is no longer functional if "he" finds some. "He" feels that abandoned cities are "his" homes and actually disired to live in one for awhile.

"He" enjoys torturing Mechanists and then in front of everyone swallowing them whole. "He" considers souls tasty and the souls of "his" enemies much more sweet. "He" tends to laugh and yell as he torturers "his" enemies. "He" enjoys violence and takes part of it whenever possible. "He" is an expert spy due to "his" ability to hide in stone form and in plain sight. "He" has no pity for Mechanists. Necro prays a little less than most knights.

History (From childhood to where you are now.): Necro has no idea how or when "he" was born. All "he" and others know is that "he" slept in stone form for about two weeks. One day "he" was found by Mechanists nearby an enclave. It was shown to carried inside the enclave and Necro then woke up. "He" began hitting the Mechanists with attacks and running around. The Mechanists threw him out of the enclave and Necro wandered through the forests and ate random pokemon. ("he" didn't know any better) Eventually, "he" came across the city of Aeroth and was taken up and raised by two knights. "He" was recommended to become a knight due to "his" good spy skills.

Necro was accepted and immediately ran off and worked with a group of knights attacking the Oak enclave. "He" began heading out with the other knights and being used as a surprise strategy. "He" didn't like this and one day instead of surprising them like "he" was supposed to Necro used Confuse Ray causing half of the opposing force to become confused and then ate that half whole. The knights were surprised as "he" ate them all up and actually stopped what they were doing in surprise when the remaining half ran away in terror. Necro was suggested by most of the knights and was elected in less than a half an hour.

Necro was very surprised himself that "he" managed to do either of those things. Necro started working in small groups and using "himself" like a bomb, which became "his" signature strategy. "He" respected his teammates very much and made everyone count in a strategy. "He" also works part-time by the cities making sure no Mechanist can come in. (If one trys to, which they often don't) "His" current mission is to infiltrate Aeroth City and check on how far they are progressing in technology.

Moveset (Only four moves. Mechanists can use TM and HM moves.): Dark Pulse, Ominous Wind, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak

It's hard keeping up with all the posts! About ten have already been posted since I started writing this! If you want me to edit anything just ask...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@ShadowTheDarkrai Your appearance section is good enough since I really just want a general idea on what your character looks like. Your personality and history sections, however, need some work. Since your going for the job of Knight-Commander I do expect a more polished SU and since you are on the Knight's side I suggest reading their section more closely.

Your personality might work if you edit it. Knights are protectors of the city and act to some as role models and to others as kind, compassionate enforcers. The Knights code specifically state that they show "compassion, bravery, honesty, empathy, chivalry, and mercy to all but their enemies". While it is acceptable for Knights to hate the Mechanists and do whatever they can to destroy their machines they wouldn't go around spreading violence whenever they could (i.e. in the cities.). Also the Knights take religion very seriously so you might want to edit the part about Necro not praying as much as his fellow Knights.

Also you will need to rewrite your history. Whenever a pokemon is decided to be trained as a Knight they are taken to Swine where they train under retired Knights, so he wouldn't immediately be sent out onto the field. Also the Oak Enclave has not been attacked by the Knights or discovered yet so edit that part as well. The Council cities have no technology of any kind as there are Knights on patrol in each city.

Once you correct your SU I'll check it over again but for now your reserved.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Ok. I'll think up some more overnight and post it in the morning. I'll just add a couple paragraphs here and there edit those couple of things you mentioned. The bomb part is him acting like a bomb for instance: Necro goes into stone form, a knight picks him up and throws him, while that is happening Necro charges up a Dark Pulse and unleashes it on contact with the ground. By the way, about how many paragraphs must I type for history?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@ShadowTheDarkrai For the history all that's required is two, but like I said, the Knight-Commander job is for those who will have a better SU than those wanting the position of a regular Knight. It would be best if you have more than two paragraphs and to make sure that they are thick with information about your character.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
MY SU!

Name: Ludo Linfoi (if you know who this is, admit it. You have become sad because of him)

Pokemon Species: Mienshao

Job Title: Knight-Commander [If this is par with your expectations]

Appearance: Ludo Linfoi, unlike other Mienshao who stood 4'07", stands at a humble height of 4'03". Ludo also weighs somewhere between 60-65 pounds, much lighter than his brethren. Also, his whiskers were dyed a deep red to differentiate himself from other Mienshao Knights. The tip of his "sleeves" was also dyed a deep red. The tuft in his tail, and his body bands were also set in the same color.

He took much pride on his armor. Being the only thing where he can indulge in (no clothes or weapons as such), he takes care of his armor to the best of his ability. His armor is not heavy-set. This is due to Ludo's speed-oriented battling style. Instead, he had it made of a light metal, and fitted exactly on him. It is colored deep-red, presumably from grinding cherry into powder. The blue Oran Berry, the symbol for Knighthood, stands out in front of the armor, just above Ludo's heart.

RzgvI.png
Ludo Linfoi without his armor and gem.

Personality (Two paragraphs.): Ludo is a man that possesses a heart that is easily swayed. Even though he is senior in terms of year compared to the majority of the Knights, Ludo is the one man who still questions the motives of the Council. He cannot openly announce his thoughts to the world, as that would instantly mark him as a traitor despite being a Commander, so he secretly harbors all of it, and seeks answers through his duty as a Knight. He doubts everything concerning the council, especially in terms regarding the Mechanists. He does not share the same fervor about them, unlike the other Knight's around them. Ludo seeks an answer to the greatest question in his life: why does the Council hate the Mechanists with such passion? Nevertheless, Ludo is the last man you will expect to betray the Council and violate the rules of Knighthood, despite his doubting heart.

However, among the Knights community, Ludo is fairly well-known. Because of his amiable personality, coupled with the ability to have a few laughs every now and then, most of the Knights took a particular liking to him. He acts as a role model to new Knights, always praying to Arceus and the other gods.

In battle against the Mechanists, despite his uncertainty of their goal, he follows his leaders with blind faith, always ruthless against the Mechanists. Even at a very young age, Ludo managed to gain victory over some major encounters between the Knights and Mechanists. He is a strong blade being wielded by the Council. An unstoppable blade that will smite anything against his belief. This strength he displayed elevated his status from being a simple Knight to being the Commander. He is the Commander loved by many, but feared by more.

History: Ludo was "born" from a Knight named Henrik Linfoi and an unnamed woman. His father is really a proud man. All he wants is an heir to inherit his Knighthood. So when Ludo was born into this world, his mother was cast aside. All of Henrik's attention was turned to Ludo. Ludo was raised to be the perfect Knight-apprentice. Chivalrous, religious, honest, brave; Henrik believed he raised Ludo perfectly. However, despite instilling this traits onto his son, he failed to satiate Ludo's very inquisitive mind. It was all full of questions regarding Knighthood, Mechanists, the Orator, the Council. Henrik focused on giving Ludo to the knights. Henrik had Ludo undergone several training he had also undergone when he was preparing for Knighthood. He had him trained under various Knights of different expertise, having Ludo master each one of them. When the time came, Henrik himself trained Ludo to the extreme and was also bested by the fifteen year old. He was proud of his son. Ludo was a protegee.

When Henrik died, Ludo was finally took to the custody of the Knights. He was observed to a bright and promising Knight. Always doing his daily prayers, unflinching in face of death, unquestioning. He follows what the Council and the Orator says without second thought, as expected of a Knight. In battle, Ludo was merciless against Mechanists; all his doubts gone when in battle. However, all his thoughts will return after the battle to haunt him. Why are they doing this? What exactly did the Mechanists do to offend the Council to such degree? The Knighthood was important to him, but he was not significant to them. What they didn't know is the tempest raging on inside Ludo's mind and heart. All they saw was a strong Knight capable of bringing the Mechanists down.

When he was 27 years old, after a decade or more years of service to the Knighthood, he was elevated as the Commander. Being proven himself countless times in battle and in office, Ludo was seen to be a young Commander, and is capable of leading the whole Knight Army. Despite his lack of years (in comparison to other Commanders), Ludo makes up with the experience he gained in his ten-year tenure of being a knight. Ludo is happy that he got the position, but he felt really guilty. He's not a proud man, but he is afraid to let the whole community know of what he thinks. For now, he plans on submitting to the orders of the Council and the Orator, his valiant but blind faith leading him on.

Moveset: Drain Punch, Aura Sphere, U-Turn, Wide Guard

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@miltankRancher You're appearance and personality sections are good, just flush out your history a bit more and you'll be good to go.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yes, you are right. Typo on my part. I meant flesh out.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
OH YES YES YES. Like this RP a lot! ;D Please reserve me for a spot in the Declarum Forces.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I hope this is alright.

Spoiler:

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
Sounds like a great RP, even though Play as Pokemon isn't exactly my cup of tea. I'll reserve a spot for the Mechanist Spy.

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@-DeepImpact- You are reserved.

@TornZero Congratulations, Ken Bala is accepted! Just remember the magnums do have limited bullets so remember what I said in the weapons section, otherwise nice description on the weapons.

@Saturated Hue You are reserved. Remember I am expecting a extremely good SU.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And here goes my SU! I've taken extra special care of this one, because Caedmon is extra special (Not in the derpy way, shut up).

So please, let me hear if you think this is viable for a second in command post! Otherwise, I look forward to beating down some Mechanist scum with the rest of you \o/

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I know they're limited, that's why he uses them sparingly. Heck, they even have less bullets in each than a regular magnum.

I DID put in the SU that Ken was resourceful; would it be valid for him to be able to fashion bullets out of other available materials? (Of course to differing effects.)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Sir Bastian Caedmon is now in play! A good SU for second in command.

@TornZero Just wanted to make sure. I suppose you can scrounge around the enclaves for any spare scrap metal. You'll have to find someone who can mold the metal into the shape of a bullet and since it'll be made up of scraps it won't deal as much damage as a regular bullet. Outside of the enclaves, though, you'll be out of luck on finding materials.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
Years
@Saturated Hue You are reserved. Remember I am expecting a extremely good SU.

I don't think I will disappoint. ;)

Name: Seth Redding

Pokemon Species: Flygon

Job Title: Mechanist Spy

Appearance: The first thing you would notice upon meeting Seth Redding would be the astonishing, yet outlandish coloration of his skin. He is primarily pale gray in color, bordering on white, with dark indigo antennae and tail stripes. Seth's body is also covered by something that is unheard of for Flygons—scales. These scales are thick, strong and durable, which means that they can be used as extra defense in battles. They also add a glistening shine to Seth's appearance when they are hit by light. When these scales are exposed to a particularly intense source of light, they emanate an extremely bright reflecion of that light, which can temporarily blind the enemy, in a very similar fashion as to how the move Flash works. The spheres covering his eyes are also a point of interest; they are heterochromatic, so to speak, even though they are technically not his eyes. His left eye is light blue in color, while his right is emerald, courtesy of the Gem of Knighthood installed in the outermost layer.

Seth is also a particularly large Flygon, standing at the height of eight feet three inches, whereas normal Flygons' maximum size hover around seven feet. He is, however, ever-so-slightly scrawnier than normal Flygons, with a thinner body, a longer tail and arms, as well as narrower wings. At the end of his long tail, where three diamonds would be were Seth a normal Flygon, is instead a sharp clear rhombus over a foot in length, which can be used as a lance of sorts to attack enemies. His wings are thicker than normal Flygons', and is also covered by a thick layer of scales, eliminating the need to cover it with armor. They are, however, hollow and narrower than normal, so they weigh about as much as normal Flygon wings.

Seth's armor is a platemail with one main plate covering his torso, which is the only plate he keeps on outside of battle. This plate has two large holes at the back to make way for Seth's wings. Seth's shoulders are covered by three cascading plates each, which are tied to his shoulders by thin strips of metal. The spherical area of his legs are covered by the thickest scales on his body, so they are durable enough to not need armor, while the actual legs are covered by tube-like plates. At the end of these tubes are shoe-shaped plates that serves as protection for Seth's feet. Seth also dons a full-faced helmet in battle, which covers his entire face, barring the eyes and snout. A hook comes out of the back area and is attached to the platemail's main plate. The entire platemail is colored indigo, the same color as Seth's antennae and tail stripes.

Personality: To every normal civilian and almost the entirety of the Knights of the Oran corps, Seth is a normal Knight in every sense of the word. He is a mindless drone that follows the Council of Five's every order, prays daily to Arceus and Articuno, and abide and live by the Knights of the Oran's code of honor. In fact, if it wasn't for his abnormal physique, nobody would actually recognize him as Seth Redding and set him apart from his fellow Knights. To them, he was just a passerby. Just someone of no importance, another Knight in the gutter, another drop in the sea.

And yet, this is all a facade. To anybody respectable enough to know his true colors, Seth is the playful jokester that isn't afraid to make catty remarks to people of higher ranks than him, even if they are part of the Council of Five. He does, however, live by the Knights of the Oran's code of honor, even though he does bend and twist some of the rules contained within to fit his morals, particularly the second rule. If somebody is "suspected of" breaking any laws the Council of Five passes, and Seth believes that they are in fact innocent, he will try to the best of his abilities to help them. Of course, since he is a master at being discreet, none of the Council of Five or the other Knights of the Oran knows about this practice.

Living as a spy has made Seth very secretive, and it is hard for him to trust anybody. He makes mental notes to himself whenever someone behaves abnormally, and takes extra care to not let precious informations fall into enemy hands. This untrusting side of him is hardly ever seen though, and if he does slip up (which has less than 1% chance of happening), it is quickly covered up and denied. He often internally questions decisions made by the Council of Five, though he never outwardly complains.

As an inflitrator inside of the Mechanist's ranks, Seth is extremely knowledgeable about the Mechanist's various machineries, and is fully capable of using a great majority of their weapons. Due to him knowing their ins and outs, most of the Mechanist's weapons will be very ineffective when used on Seth. He is also fairly knowledgeable in medicines, knowing recipes for herbal medicines by heart and carrying several ready-use medicines between his platemail and his belly.

History: For as long as Seth could remember, he had no mother. He was born the only child of a former Knight-Commander. Seth's father was a courageous and wise man who taught Seth that while a Knight should abide and live by the Knight of the Oran's code of honor, he shouldn't be afraid to put a foot down and prioritize his own beliefs. Seth held his father in very high regard, and since a very young age made up his mind to follow his father's footsteps and join the Knights of the Oran.

Since he was barely able to stand, Seth has shown interest in battles. He would watch his father training with his fellow Knights, and make mental notes to himself about their techniques. As a result, from the moment Seth was physically capable to be trained to join the Knights of the Oran, his battling abilities far surpassed any other upstart pupils such as himself. He always strived to better himself and live up to the expectations set by his father's status as Knight-Commander.

As somebody who commanded a legion of soldiers against another, however, it was inevitable that Seth's father eventually met his end in the battlefield. His death shocked Seth, and encouraged him to train even harder; this time, it was not to live up to his father. It was to avenge him. With plenty of hard work and a little luck, Seth was accepted into the Knights of the Oran's ranks at the age of sixteen. Although he was young, Seth showcased amazing capabilities in combat from day one, and quickly rose through the ranks.

During his fourth year of serving in the military, Seth got in a particularly messy battle with the Mechanists. It was a very one-sided battle in which many of his comrades fell. Seth was lucky enough to avoid their fate, though the battle left him with critical wounds all over his body and a broken right goggle. Seth had to take several months off from the military to recover his wounds, but there was one damage he never recovered from. As a reminder to himself how brutal these battles could get, he refused to install new goggles to cover his right eye, and instead covered it with several layers of glass, with the final layer being his Gem of Knighthood. He had a blacksmith fashion the Gem so that it looked like a real goggle, and very few knows that it is actually artificial.

His promotion to Mechanist Spy came as a shock. As far as he was concerned, Seth was doing well in this whole battling thing, but he'd never thought he'd get promoted into such an important part of the Knights of the Oran. Seth suspected—and still suspects—that this has something to do with his late father's status as a former Knight-Commander, but he decided to make the most of the opportunity he was given rather than wallow on the past.

Moveset:
Dragon Tail: Seth uses this move to quickly dispatch large quantities of enemies. The blade at the end of his tail means that this move will do more damage than a regular Dragon Tail, but the main reason Seth shoves stronger moves such as Dragon Claw and Outrage aside in favor of Dragon Tail is still due to the former reason.

Flamethrower:Seth uses Flamethrower to knock out foes who are not affected by Dragon Tail (Steel-types). It is also his main long-range attack.

Earthquake: Earthquake is Seth's answer to most spread-out battle formations, as it mercilessly attacks any and all targets within a large radius, resulting in quick kills.

Double Team: This is Seth's personal favorite move, as it allows Seth to stall for time should things go awry. It also makes for a great intimidating facade should Seth be surrounded by many opponents.

Back