• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yay! new update! In any case, I really like the screenshots, can't wait to see the ending of this. Its going to be awesome, I just know it.

thanks, and hopefully, it is... :\

Sad the game is ending.

You should've at least make Pikachu use a surfboard as a bike xD

well, thanks, and no, surfboard ain't gonna be here. :\

Woot! nearly done! Great hack Jagold, I can't wait to play the finished version! You're an awesome hacker!

thanks~

Whoa, this game sure has come along since the last time I looked at it. Once I get home I'll be sure to play it. Great job on it.

thankies~

omg the new screenie is great :D chaomega was rock eheheh hope to see the completion of this game and im also excited to ur next hack :D

Chaomega was created by Crossel. I forgot to mention. Sorry about that.
Well, the battle sprite will be a secret for now, as well as it's type, techniques and stats. Crossel doesn't even know about these, so don't trouble him about Chaomega. ^^

thanks~

omfg this game was so fun man i cant wait for the next beta!

thanks~

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135173&highlight=sprite
This page has something on it that will let pokemon have more than 4 moves (or at least it says it does)

hm... I'll check on that later.
thanks~

when i patch it sais me that the ips file is truncated or misaligned please help me

what? I don't get it...
are you sure you're patching it properly?
read the rules on how to apply patches...

~~~UPDATES~~~
Wednesday again!

Elow there pipz. I have been working on the hack earlier today... I am finished with the 4 Guardian Dragon's battle, which was truly difficult. x_x

Here are some screenies for you all. :P
rescuerangers_01-65.png
rescuerangers_02-35.png
rescuerangers_03-25.png

rescuerangers_04-13.png
rescuerangers_05-7.png

Also...
Spoiler:

Now, I am about to map 4 puzzles of Fate, before you can reach the area where Chaomega is waiting for you. ;)

That would be all.
Thankies and have a great day!
Enjoy hacking pipz~

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
omg the new updates is great :D and also the giratina origin form is great :D so this hack is near to finishd? coz im very excited to play it to the end :D

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
~~~UPDATES 2~~~
heheheh... twice in one day...

now, I bring you new screenies in the Puzzle of Fate. ;)
2pyt7p5.jpg
6ggeba.jpg

2cg1v7l.jpg
5k4ztw.jpg

that would be all.
thankies and good day~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Nice screenies! =D
There's an error here...:\
2pyt7p5.jpg

But very good! :)
I like the different element areas. :D

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow what a great update :D i guessd you finish mapping 4 puzzle of fate :D the updates make me very very excited to play it :D

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Even more great updates DJG! I can't wait till you finish it, but I'll be a little upset too :P

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Very well done - alternative endings! :D That's a good way to do it - very original (or original so far as Pokémon games are concerned which usually only have a 'one size fits all' approach). Be really interested to play them (knowing me, I'd probably save it and play all of them!)

Nice, keep it up! :)

Years
cant wait for the ending youre a great hacker :D
also, which is the true platinum sprite? i think the one you fixed its better
keep it up! good luck with your hacking :)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Nice screenies! =D
There's an error here...:\
2pyt7p5.jpg

But very good! :)
I like the different element areas. :D

thanks. and I already knew those.
I am fixing 'em now, or later if I have free time. ;)

this is so cool i cant wait! how will u end it? will it keep going?

how will it end? er, haven't thought about it yet, but I am sure I can script it, whatever it may be. :D
thanks~

Wow. O_O
Amazing updates! Can't wait for the game to come out. Keep up the awesome work ^_^

thankies~

Aha nice. So you get a different ending for each different dragon you choose?Hmm spyre here i come!

er no...
hm... actually, that's a nice idea... :)
I'll be thinking of 5 ending scenes, depending on whoever you choose.

this also means that I need to learn one of the things in scripting which I haven't tried yet.

again, thanks for the idea. :)

wow what a great update :D i guessd you finish mapping 4 puzzle of fate :D the updates make me very very excited to play it :D

thank you~

Even more great updates DJG! I can't wait till you finish it, but I'll be a little upset too :P

yeah well, I am as well... :(
oh well, that's how my original plot outline is, to have a sad ending... :\
yet, thanks~

This feels like Chrono Trigger with New Game Plus

like theres 12 alternate endings xD.

and Chrono Cross. :P
thanks but, 12?
I'm gonna be running out of free flags for the recruitment scripts. :laugh:
thanks~

Very well done - alternative endings! :D That's a good way to do it - very original (or original so far as Pokémon games are concerned which usually only have a 'one size fits all' approach). Be really interested to play them (knowing me, I'd probably save it and play all of them!)

Nice, keep it up! :)

eheheheh... :D
thanks~

Are there a few more events before returning to the real world?Also after the final battle with Giratina will you meet the guardians?

hm... I have been thinking about that for a while now but, I still need to finish the main scripts. if there are a few available flags left, then I'll be doing some minor events. ;)
detals, details, ain't telling 'em. :P

cant wait for the ending youre a great hacker :D
also, which is the true platinum sprite? i think the one you fixed its better
keep it up! good luck with your hacking :)

thanks~
(off topic)and the true platinum sprite?
I checked serebii earlier today and the new Giratina I sprited is also the one which will be in Platinum, so yeah...

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
I love ur sprites J..beats mine..but im not the best spriter...anyways i am glad that ur hack is almost complete..the trilogy of Ruby Destiny will probably be remembered in ROM Hacking

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I love ur sprites J..beats mine..but im not the best spriter...anyways i am glad that ur hack is almost complete..the trilogy of Ruby Destiny will probably be remembered in ROM Hacking

thanks Dai~ :)

~~~UPDATES~~~
classes begin soon

I was a bit bored, so I edited the Guardian Dragons' icons, except for Rayquaza, of course. ^^
rescuerangers_01-66.png
rescuerangers_02-36.png
rescuerangers_03-26.png

I also edited Rayquaza's stats so it can go with the 3 other dragons' stats. :P
If I will be in the mood for editing icons, I'll be editing Shaymin's icon next. ;)

that would be all.
thank you and good day everyone~
enjoy hacking~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back