• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Will rival battles be different depending on your starter like if I chose Dratini/Gible as my starter instead of Bagon will Dray have a Serperior/Samurott instead of Emboar?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Your main rival is Kaz, when you pick a starter dragon, he'll pick a different one that you didn't pick. We have plans for the 3rd dragon that didn't get picked much later on. Each of your friend rivals, Pete/Dray/Florina & somewhat enemy rivals Sydney/Kayo all have Dragons as their main pokemon. It'll be explained why much later on as well. Other then Kaz, the rest of the names mentioned will always have the same pokemon no matter which dragon you pick at the beginning.

Since Dray/Florina are from Sinnoh/Unova, you can expect their pokemon to be from there.

Sydney is more focused on attacks while Kayo has strategy mixed with power.

V is all about status affects and is the most annoying enemy to battle.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Is there going to be some sort of "superboss" at some point in the game. Kind of like what Flora Sky did with the Mysterious Man, and him being the toughest trainer in the whole game.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
There's ALOT of those, trust me. The last time you battle V, the guy's got some of the strongest Ghost/Dark pokemon & all of em use status effects while attacking with powerful moves. Spiritomb(Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Confuse Ray/Shadow ball with the Leftovers type of stuff) & Dusknoir Will get on your nerves with the usual Will-O-Wisp, Earthquake, Confuse Ray, type of attacks.

The Kyurem White/Black battles can be considered one as well as you have to fight them back to back without any sort of full recovery.

The battle against the man who knocks you out at the beginning has a full blown sand team. He's a reason Why getting a Water/Ice pokemon is a Must.

All of these are in the first beta, there's more I just don't want to list them because it'll released within 2-3 days so you can experience it for yourself. Most of the AI for every event battle is at the highest possible & as you progress in the game, you'll start to see your opponents are using items and held items that works best for the pokemon. Expect to see some Choice Banders.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Not gonna spoil Victini's event. You have to pay attention to what a specific character in the game says after you beat him. Otherwise, you can skip Victini's event all-together. So it's important to read everything that's been said.

I feel kinda silly posting this because I was going to put the Obvious choice here. But my friend decided it's best to let the community decide this. So, after an error occured, Castform is out of the hack. So I need 1 last pokemon for the game that doesn't have an evolution to replace Castform's spot. Rotom was my first thought as it has different forms as well. But then I remembered all of the forms have different stats from the original & I don't have the room to add all of em seperately. So I've come up with a small list of pokemon that don't have an evolution & can simply be found in a random area:

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

Standby for the Durant Posts! (I think)

Also, I've updated the pokeList on the OP, adding Wynaut, who I completely forgot about, to Nursery Road with the other baby Pokemon.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I feel kinda silly posting this because I was going to put the Obvious choice here. But my friend decided it's best to let the community decide this. So, after an error occured, Castform is out of the hack. So I need 1 last pokemon for the game that doesn't have an evolution to replace Castform's spot. Rotom was my first thought as it has different forms as well. But then I remembered all of the forms have different stats from the original & I don't have the room to add all of em seperately. So I've come up with a small list of pokemon that don't have an evolution & can simply be found in a random area:

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

Also, I've updated the pokeList on the OP, adding Wynaut, who I completely forgot about, to Nursery Road with the other baby Pokemon.

How about Stunfisk, or Durant(since you expect it).

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The titlescreen is done & I have the main rom back. Thanks to No_Obslayer! I'll be releasing it July 30th Without Question now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
I think you should add Audino. If you get an overworld for it you can add them in Pokecenters, the Daycare and the Elderly's houses. Or Pachirisu. It would go well with Emolga.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Not gonna spoil Victini's event. You have to pay attention to what a specific character in the game says after you beat him. Otherwise, you can skip Victini's event all-together. So it's important to read everything that's been said.

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

DRG, let me note you if your planning in Replacing Castform it will be a very BAD Idea, well maybe replace other Pokemon but not Castform since it has a code I think, that will make it transform as the weather changes for example if you replaced it with Durant, and once an Opponent or the User used a move like, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Hail, it will load the messed up sprites of the other frames, so DON'T REPLACE CASTFORM BAD IDEA. But, you can replace other Pokemon that doesn't include forms.

And also If your planning to replace Deoxys it will be another BAD IDEA. So don't do that xD

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Phew, thanks for telling me lol. But isn't Castform's ability that makes it change depending on the weather? I don't know, that may be a silly Q. I'm not familar with Castform at all. But thanks for the heads up!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Ladies & Gentlemen, the beta is 100% complete. I've sent the rom to Tajaros to fix the Kyurem White/Black event & edit some very minor things. After he sends it back to me, I'll check the event. If it's good, you can all expect to play it Right Away!

I'd like to thank everyone who's supported the hack & appriciated all of the hard work I put into it as well as alot of my own personal time that has gone into it. Thank You Everyone! Once it's uploaded, I'll be taking a 2 week break but I'll still be fixing small errors you all may bump into. After 2 weeks, I'll begin inserting stuff for Beta 2. I already have beta 2 planed and scripted out on a practice rom, so it should come a little quicker then the 1st beta did. Don't forget to check out the list of very minor errors you'll encounter in the first beta at the bottom of the OP.

Zortac

League Champion
Years

Stunfisk
Pachirisu
Durant
Chatot
Carnivine
Audino
Alomomola
Maractus

Question
How about using Unown?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
No, Unown will not be in BETA 1 I think... :)

As DRG said I'm working on the ROM right now and expect it'll be ready by tommorow or the next day... :)

Back