• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
Why is the thread title so abhorrent?
Why not just go back to the simple term 'Gay/Straight Alliance'. You can use gay as something that automatically encompasses all other sexualities. :)
I mean, as cute as the LGBTQABCEDFGHIJLMNOP alliance sounds..why not just call it what it is at the core? ;)

Personally, I cannot stand Darren Criss. His stans have made me cringe at the sight of him. ;3

You wanna see a real man?

tumblr_lq9mfmk2J61qeg674.jpg

UNF.

Who's your favorite LGBT Activist?
Mine personally is Kathy Griffin. I love that crazy gay man.
Idk. This is a hard question.
I think anyone who speaks out for LGBT rights and isn't totes obnoxious is amazing~

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
No no, Just darren criss being a giant keyboard. And me being the fanboy that I am and darren constantally flirting with chris on and off set... How can I not ship Criss-Colfer?

Am I, like the only one who doesn't enjoy Darren as much as everyone else? ;;

Cory, Mark, Harry and Chord ftw. :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome to Gothitelle., Twilight Sky and dragonomega!

NurseBarbra said:
Mine personally is Kathy Griffin. I love that crazy gay man.

You totally stole my answer.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
I think for some people sexuality is more difficult to determine than it is for others. For instance, ever heard of the Kinsey scale? It determines what sex you are most attracted to, and if you are also slightly or moderately attracted to the opposite sex. It is a rare find to have the same attraction to both men and women, most of the time their is a little or alot more attraction to one sex over the other. So Gothitelle, you may have a slight bisexual attraction? But of course it is perfectly fine to identify as straight if you'd like. But generally, anyone whom has attraction for both sexes have a lot of contemplating to do, I for one, take for granted that I am attracted to one sex, but I understand the argument that sexuality is not static for some people. Good luck; if you have any questions Gothitelle be sure to ask; there are ALWAYS people that jump into conversations to help others whom are struggling.

AND YES NURSE BARBRA! I AM OBSESSED WITH DARREN CRISS! lol He's definitely on my celebrity-that-I-am-permitted-to-have-an-affair-with-list. Too bad he is straight in real life. lmao

Years
I think for some people sexuality is more difficult to determine than it is for others. For instance, ever heard of the Kinsey scale? It determines what sex you are most attracted to, and if you are also slightly or moderately attracted to the opposite sex. It is a rare find to have the same attraction to both men and women, most of the time their is a little or alot more attraction to one sex over the other. So Gothitelle, you may have a slight bisexual attraction? But of course it is perfectly fine to identify as straight if you'd like. But generally, anyone whom has attraction for both sexes have a lot of contemplating to do, I for one, take for granted that I am attracted to one sex, but I understand the argument that sexuality is not static for some people. Good luck; if you have any questions Gothitelle be sure to ask; there are ALWAYS people that jump into conversations to help others whom are struggling.

Ah true, so maybe I'll identify as being straight since it's something I thought I've chosen to be :p

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

Kathy Griffin is a gay man trapped in a woman's body, so yes she is one of my favs.

My favorite tho is Gaga. I know people say that she is "exploiting" gays, but I think it is more of helping gay people become integrated into music, entertainment, television, and ultimately society call it whatever you want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4rGla6OzGc&feature=player_detailpage

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Lady Gaga is the only person alive that can make you feel hungry after hearing a speech about repealing a prejudice law.

Excellent Speech. President Germanotta ftw.

She just incorperated so many good points in her piece that would be hard to argue. And her analogies and metaphors were pretty ace, as weird as they were. X3;

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Lady Gaga is the only person alive that can make you feel hungry after hearing a speech about repealing a prejudice law.

Excellent Speech. President Germanotta ftw.

She just incorperated so many good points in her piece that would be hard to argue. And her analogies and metaphors were pretty ace, as weird as they were. X3;

I know! You cannot say that she is putting on an act or exploiting gays; she is a die-hard advocate for gay rights!

I love the part when she says "GO HOME!" to all the troops that are homophobic. You guys should check out the video where she is calling out John McCain; it's hilarious!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Do I need to explain?!?!

If you say you are gay, or if anyone find out that you are gay under DADT, then you are dishonorably discharged. It would be one thing if you were having sex in the barracks or sexually harassing other troops, but that should follow suit with both heterosexuals and homosexuals. If you are a father of two, and have a husband, under DADT, you cannot serve your nation, even if you are hard-working and respect others.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Question, why is Don't Ask Don't Tell wrong?

Because it makes anyone who openly reveals that they are homosexual while in the military be discharged for that reasoning alone.

It's descriminatory because it doesn't apply to any other sexuality (besides maybe bisexuality?)

Gotta go all the way or no way with this kind of law, guys. Make it apply to straights, bisexuals, asexuals, etc. or it's not equal.

And that idea of dischargin someone because they reveal their sexuality is ridiclous, so, it's better to get rid of it.

Years
From my POV, I think it helps gays more so hurt them. I mean if you think about it, if you don't openly say your sexuality, then there's nothing the others can make fun of. The military will make you feel like you are like everyone else in the unit, that you are one.

If you say your gay... well... I think they discharge you for your own safety, I mean there's some people in the military who are homophobic and might do harm to you. So that's how I see it. Which is why, if I ever intendify myself as any other sexuality, I will simply say I'm straight.

I hope that I don't get kicked out for this. (even tho, Chris Crocker is one who doesn't believe gays should even be in the military)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
From my POV, I think it helps gays more so hurt them. I mean if you think about it, if you don't openly say your sexuality, then there's nothing the others can make fun of. The military will make you feel like you are like everyone else in the unit, that you are one.
If you say your gay... well... I think they discharge you for your own safety, I mean there's some people in the military who are homophobic and might do harm to you. So that's how I see it. Which is why, if I ever intendify myself as any other sexuality, I will simply say I'm straight.

I hope that I don't get kicked out for this. (even tho, Chris Crocker is one who doesn't believe gays should even be in the military)

In the word of Lady GaGa in that speech -ty- put up, why discharge the perfectly good solider that is gay, rather then discharging the prejudice solider who's making a problem out of nothing?

Consitering your POV, it'd be just as "safe" and more just if the hypocritical (because they're fighting for equality) prejudice solider to be discharged.

Don't be afraid to stick up for what you believe in. Do not cater to homophobia, because the world will never get better on its own if homophobia is consitered "okay."

And this is an open environment, you're not going to be kicked because you have a different opinion then others. :/

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

I do understand about some people in the military being homophobic. I was in the Army for a short time. I do understand about people possibly making fun of or assaulting you. But, let me tell you one thing about assaulting your fellow Soldier: that is something that will get you kicked out of the Army faster than anything, and Soldiers know that. Therefore, the worst that someone in their right mind who wants to stay in the Army would do is make fun of them. But, think about it: people get made fun of for EVERYTHING. When I was in the Army, I noticed that though some fellow Soldiers may make fun of you, the majority are very supportive if you're struggling. You get belittled by the Drill Sergeants more than anyone else. Therefore, I think getting made fun of for being gay is not a good enough reason for Don't Ask, Don't Tell to still be implemented. I have first-hand experience with how those Drill Sergeants treat you: they belittle you and try their very best to push you to your breaking point, far worse than getting made fun of for being gay. In other words, if you can make it past the belittling and the pressure of the Drill Sergeants, you can make it past getting made fun of by a few people for being gay.

Years
That's true. Also, the military operates on what America wants. If America doesn't want gays to openly serve, then yeah. I think that all should serve, but keep sexual orientation out of it. You're there to serve your country.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
That's true. Also, the military operates on what America wants. If America doesn't want gays to openly serve, then yeah. I think that all should serve, but keep sexual orientation out of it. You're there to serve your country.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're able to survive the Hell I went through, you should be allowed to serve no matter what your sexual orientation is. I'm one of those people who believes you're born with your sexual orientation, so I see the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy to be comparable to not letting someone serve because of their race.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Agreed Deoxys, I will also add that both heterosexual and homosexuals should be held to the same standards. If you have are in a relationship with someone of the same gender, you should not be forced to hide it. Straight soldier talk about their wives and kids, and they should be able to; it's not so much about "sex" as it is "family". But if a gay guy grabs another soldier anything, yep send him away. The same should happen if a guy grabs a female soldier's whatever, lol. But if someone is purely homophobic, and refuses to work with a gay man, or is racist and refuses to work with a black/hispanic/asian/ Mideastern person, then they are the problem. We cannot discharged minorities because a select few individuals do not like them or are uncomfortable. As Gothitelle stated, the army should be one cohesive unit, whose to say gender, sexuality, or race inhibits that goal?

Back