• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen How would you like to receive your starters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This kinda breaks the formula but i think it would be cool if the daycare center had pokemon left behind so you either get an egg or recently hatched pokemon from them.

Like the egg in Johto? I'd like to get a free egg again like that, just to introduce us to the egg system (well, new players at least!) But issue is then it wouldn't be the actual starters and could be ~anything~. If it's the starters by default then just skip that imo and just get to a way that doesn't involve hatching. :x

Last edited:

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Hm, I haven't really thought about this.
It doesn't really matter to me unless it's at least somewhat unique.
But the idea of catching your starter or raising it from an egg like your rival did in B/W2 seems somewhat interesting.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Not to sound boring or anything, but I kinda just like to be able to pick my starter and be done with it xD Intros kinda bore me, I wanna just get on with it right away.

Though it would be interesting if, like others mentioned, you already had your starter from the beginning, like you grew up with it, or the farm idea.

-Neji-

Something Different
Years
I think, Your PARENTS yes mum AND dad should be some sort of breeders, or maybe famous trainers that give you an egg for your birthday, and I don't care if this is off topic. But we need another jerk rival! the nice ones are boring! Bring back blue and silver! . Maybe have something to do with your rival when getting your starter, maybe he steals your egg you got, and when you finally get it back it hatches and you fight your rival .. I don't know, BRING BACK THE JERK

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Blend it into the tutorial bits of the beginning. The professor becomes more hands-on, tells you to come with them into the wild, and based on what you choose in the beginning in a trivia thing or something, your starter becomes the first Pokemon you caught. But it would be the only starter in the wild you can get, as its a rare Pokemon that appeared from nowhere or something. I kinda liked how Hugh got his starter in an unconventional way from an egg, and I would like something similar for the PC as well.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Same as it's always been, you receive it from the professor directly, from an assistant, or from their bag lying on the ground

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
I'd like to see it as something completely new, Perhaps you recieve it as a gift from your father (as you never have one in any game) or perhaps you find it in the wild, it wind up in a box in front of your house or something. Either way I think it will be awesome.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'd like to see it as something completely new, Perhaps you recieve it as a gift from your father (as you never have one in any game) or perhaps you find it in the wild, it wind up in a box in front of your house or something. Either way I think it will be awesome.
We actually did have a father in RSE. It's the only game where a father figure is made present, and is a gym leader no less.

The idea of having a box in front of our house is a bit much like the gift box we receive in our room from Prof. Juniper in Black and White though.

Kaisersaur

Veteran
Years
Your parents are in charge of a breeding center and they send you on a mission to deliver some eggs to the professor, after that the professor analyses the eggs, they hatch and then as a thank you gift he lets you keep one. Then he tells you you need to deliver the other to other trainers

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I want to receive a Pokemon in a dire situation- to fend off the Pokemon that are attacking you and your friend! (Who also picks up a Pokemon.)
I don't know, I want a somewhat "exciting" opening. ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We actually did have a father in RSE. It's the only game where a father figure is made present, and is a gym leader no less.

The idea of having a box in front of our house is a bit much like the gift box we receive in our room from Prof. Juniper in Black and White though.

Well it could be a box in front of someone else's house, we accidentally trip over it, and then we grab the Pokemon inside and take it back to the professor, thennnn he offers you one of the three for taking it back to him/her. :3

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
A lot of these wanted startings I have read say you go down and your mother does so and so. I never really paid much attention to it until now, but you never have your father in the beginning.. or the game at all, besides rse where he is a gym leader. I think the newest game should start with the characters father playing a role. Make him the professor even. Being a pokemon professor is his expectation for you, but you want to go your own way. After much nagging to drop the books and go out on a journey he finally lets you, thus granting you starter of choice.

Years
I don't care too much but I hope for a few things:

1. Not like Black and White in the sense that you can't check the nature until you finish those two battles and it takes forever. (I don't mind the battles but I wish you could check your Pokemon out before being thrown into 2 battles... It took forever to get the right nature on my starter...)

2. Received in a way that the animation will be really awesome. Because 3D needs to be awesome.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well it could be a box in front of someone else's house, we accidentally trip over it, and then we grab the Pokemon inside and take it back to the professor, thennnn he offers you one of the three for taking it back to him/her. :3
You totally just gave me an idea with this scenario.

What if we're a young assistant working with the Professor. We pick up his package at his house and bring it back to him at the lab. There's a new young trainer that's supposed to be coming in to pick up their first Pokémon that day (they'll end up becoming one of of rivals maybe; perhaps we could've take the starter they wanted). However, as it turns out the starters seem to like us, and as a reward the professor lets us choose one to begin our own journey and help him with the PokéDex.

I don't care too much but I hope for a few things:

1. Not like Black and White in the sense that you can't check the nature until you finish those two battles and it takes forever. (I don't mind the battles but I wish you could check your Pokemon out before being thrown into 2 battles... It took forever to get the right nature on my starter...)

2. Received in a way that the animation will be really awesome. Because 3D needs to be awesome.
I'll cheers to that.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I would want the professor to come to your house and ask you what Pokemon you want. Then you would go to the lab to find out that your Pokemon escaped, so you would have to go out into the woods to find it. When you found it a Pokemon would be attacking it so you would battle it as your first pokemon battle. After you return to the lab you would then receive your PokeDex and be able to name your Pokemon.

Years
I think it'd be interesting if at the beginning of the game when we were setting up our info, we picked our starter. Then, we would find them in the wild as perhaps a trainer abandoned them or something? And the professor would take an interest in us because we had such a rare pokemon? I'm not really sure if this would work - but it'd be awesome!

Years
For me i would think that the Mc(main character) went to the adoption center(sort of) and wanted to become trainer and the adoption center only have 3 pokemon left (which is the starter) pick 1,tell the professor that you've become a trainer and he'll give a pokedex

Years
I think you should actually be put up to the test of catching them. Like go into a little dome in the professors lab and have the choice of grass (Chespin) water puddle (Froakie) or like a cave (Fennekin) and be given a pokeball that won't fail.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
They will probably just make it boring, like your friend will give it to you as a present or sumthin' -__-
Honestly, I don't really care about how you get the starters, as long you get them, i'm happy! And I swear to god, if they make fennekin another fire/fighting type, I will rage.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think you should actually be put up to the test of catching them. Like go into a little dome in the professors lab and have the choice of grass (Chespin) water puddle (Froakie) or like a cave (Fennekin) and be given a pokeball that won't fail.

Could be interesting! Or even more interesting if you had three balls - the third ball will always capture. You can catch all three, but the last one will be your starter. You could then check the stats etc from that window and the one with the greatest stats could influence your choice of starter (as it'd then change every time your reset!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back