• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen How many times have you replayed DPPt?

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I think I've played Diamond about 3 times so far? Once when it first came out, then I remember buying it again after having traded it off... Then here I am again with it in my possession.

I've finished it and Pearl recently. I'm working on Platinum at the moment.

Years
I've replayed Diamond 2 times and Platinum 2 times so that makes it 4 times in total ..but that is less than the previous generation games because I've restarted Ruby like 6+ times and etc.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I have played Platinum a LOT since it is my favorite Pokemon game. I'd say I'm on probably my 14th time by now? Somewhere around there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've finished Diamond once and am early in a second playthrough of it (saved at Oreburgh with Piplup, Machop and Zubat), finished Pearl once and am late in a second playthrough of it (saved at Pastoria with I-don't-remember-who), and just finished a second playthrough of Platinum.

Actually, I was already kicking around the idea of doing another one from scratch, but first I think I'll check out that Pearl save. IIRC, I was using Infernape and got bored and distracted while I was trying to catch a good Yanma to add to the team...

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I've beaten Pearl twice, and am soon to beat Platinum for the first time...more to come on that considering I'm planning on speedrunning the game...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I've probably replayed my copy of Pearl a couple of times before I lost it while moving house a long time back when my age was in single digits.

As for Platinum, probably the same amount of times as Pearl. I've actually been itching to replay this game, but I've misplaced my cartridge. (Don't I look after my games well? lol)

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I have only played through Diamond once. But since i bought SS and now i have Platinum. I transferred all my Pokemon to SS & I'm planning on starting from scratch on Platinum, However it kind of sucks because i cannot use my DSi as it is a USA game. And my DSi is from AUS so there not compatible. But luckily i do have a DSlite so i can play it on that. After i have finished it however I MIGHT on restarting Diamond. Just so i can play it on a bigger screen.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Well I have played DP at least twice each. As for platinum i just finished playing it today and that would be 7 times beaten.

Last edited:

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I've only ever played through Diamond just one time. It's the only hard copy I have of the three games and I usually never erase my save file for a new one because I get too attached to my Pokemon (I have sooo many Pokemon on that cartridge anyway. I don't want to lose them). So I've only played through the Sinnoh region one time in my entire life.

I got a newer computer recently that seems to let me use the DS emulator pretty well so I'll finally be able to experience Sinnoh again. Should be interesting to play it when I get to that point on my Monotype challenge. I hardly remember getting through Sinnoh anymore.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Just once. I don't like the idea of restarting everything in my file. Rather, I just kept working on the same file, such as completing the pokedex and getting 999:59 time, which I consider an achievement.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
The plot of DP, particularly Pt are great actually!
If Gen IV games were as fast as Gen III games,
I'll definitely replay it more than I can imagine.
I replayed Gen III games all together for more than 100 times,
and still loving it to these days!

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
Years
Played Diamond once. But am thinking about starting all over. However there are some event Pokémon I have, which will be deleted too :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've completed Diamond only once. I was going to have a second run, but I ended up deciding not to do it because I suddenly lost interest. I never got the chance to finish Pearl, though, because I lost the cartridge when I was up to the sixth gym. As for Platinum, I've completed this game about three times. Platinum was more interesting to me than the other two, because it offered us a lot more features.

Back