• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Yeah, that's probably it. xD" I'm not too sure about this, but I've heard that they're also limited in terms of customization, which makes me want to turn away from them a little more.

Well, you're gonna love 8.1 and see-through tiles that show a background picture. :P

Years
Yeah, that's probably it. xD" I'm not too sure about this, but I've heard that they're also limited in terms of customization, which makes me want to turn away from them a little more.

That's true. I love being able to customize all my devices, and that's one of the drawbacks of the iPhone as well \: Unless you jailbreak. That's why I want to switch to an Android device like the LG G3 :D

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
I would really love to have a windows phone. If I had to choose one phone at any price point to buy right now it would be the Lumia 1520. It really has all of the features that I'd want from a phone right now. Snappy processor, Full HD screen (although I would be fine with 720p as well), wireless QI charging, and the wonderful brilliant camera. Man that camera snaps great pictures. 1020 is more of a camera overkill where I'd rather bring a DSLR. Although I suppose a phone is a lot easier to carry around for action shots even with the bulky camera.
Personally I feel like going all in on WP :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I got rid of my screen protector and case now that they're spoilt, and I hope to get a new pair of both before my phone meets another untimely end, knock on wood.

Years
I got rid of my screen protector and case now that they're spoilt, and I hope to get a new pair of both before my phone meets another untimely end, knock on wood.
Coincidentally, I removed the screen protector off of my phone just yesterday. It was pretty much all scratched up to the point where I couldn't read the screen. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
There seems to be something about screen protectors and how easily they are damaged.

Then again, they're potentially the only layer of protection between it and your phone's shiny display.

Years
Hmm, earlier today my laptop's Bluetooth driver had an exclamation point next to it in the device manger, but it started working again after I disabled and re-enabled it. I've never had a driver act like that before.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
First thing to do when a given piece of hardware not working: restart the offending device in any way.

If that fails, restart the entire PC.

If that fails again, shut it down, and then start it again.

Only when it still fails at this point should it be an indicator of an actual hardware failure ;)

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
My brother can't wait for Windows Phone 8.1. By the looks of it, I might return to WP at some point too.

Years
By the looks of it, I might return to WP at some point too.
For now, all I can say is that if you're coming from iOS and/or Android, be prepared to see a lot of knockoff apps or lack thereof official apps in the Windows Store, considering how under-appreciated Windows Phone is. :/

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
For now, all I can say is that if you're coming from iOS and/or Android, be prepared to see a lot of knockoff apps or lack thereof official apps in the Windows Store, considering how under-appreciated Windows Phone is. :/

Oh, I know. I have an iPhone right now but I had a Lumia 710 before. The apps for WP are lackluster. It's one of the reasons I changed phones.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I want to learn how to code apps for iOS but I don't want to spend all the money on a mac :( I'm glad I didn't pursue this before Swift came out though.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I kind of want to have the Nokia Lumia 930 (the international version of the Nokia Lumia Icon for you US people) if only to have the best of Windows Phone.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Whoa...

I paid big bucks for a software bundle.

I hope I do get lots of mileage from that. I think there'll be at least two products whose keys I won't ever get to properly use, but the rest are worth it, especially when the same price would have covered just one of these apps. (It's the Acronis True Image Bundle, which includes the premium version of itself and a handful of other utilities from other software providers.)

(My laptop now has anti-theft protection, and I got a VPN, too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back