• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Damn, that sucks. I hope that bastard gets caught soon. If my DS got stolen, I'd flip. Thankfully all of my solo challenges are on my computer (I use ROMs because I don't wanna delete my other game files lol) so unless my computer gets taken, they're safe. Was it a DSi, DS Lite, or just an old DS, if I may ask?

DS lite, Seen as it has the best Flash card compatibility which is what I use to play Black. Anyway he wasn't very careful with how he stole stuff and we will probably be able to catch him soon enough. I would have been so much more pissed if Platinum had of been in my DS cause as I said that has pretty much 5-6yrs worth of pokemon on it(I like keeping all my pokemon in one game usually). I think our insurance covers the DS though so I might get a new one soon :D.

P.S. I would have lol'ed if he took my old DS seen as the top screens completely screwed and it's near impossible to do anything with it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Sorry about the theft, Stargate. I hope the guy gets caught soon.

Update on my Blastoise Platinum Run:

-Reached Eterna City and got another gym badge
-Beat Team Galactic in Eterna City
-Got my third gym badge
-Beat my rival again
-Got HM05 Defog in Solaceon Town

The team:

BLASTER (Blastoise) lvl. 43
-Water Pulse
-Aqua Tail
-Protect
-Bite

Turtwig lvl. 13
Egg

Years
Finished Pokemon Blue leg of MonoType Challenge

Spoiler:

Final Stats/Moveset
FinalStats.png
Finalmovepool.png

Now onto either HG/SS or Gold/Silver!

Years
Hey, I just started my solo with Geodude and here are his stats

Name; Fenrir
hasty
Somewhat vain
lvl 7
Attack, 17
defense, 18
Sp, Atk, 9
sp.def, 11
Speed, 9

tackle, defense curl, mud sport, rock polish
have not gotten to play much, should be able to start playing like hardcore tomorrow...er i mean Later today when i wake up *sets alarm to 9 in the morning*

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Crystal Update #4.

Finished Johto part of Crystal!

Started in Mahogony Town.

Spoiler:

Halfway done. Kanto and Red are up next!

Team Gerry:
Spr_2c_203.gif

Palin the Girafarig, ♂ - L68 @ Pink Bow
Moves: Psybeam, Return, Crunch, Earthquake
Spr_2c_158.gif

Totodile, ♂ - L7
Slave Moves: Cut
Spr_2c_163.gif

Hoothoot, ♂ - L4
Slave Moves: Flash, Fly
Spr_2c_074.gif

Geodude, ♀ - L6
Slave Moves: Rock Smash, Dig, Strength
Spr_2c_055.gif

Golduck, ♂ - L22
Slave Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Quick update: sped through the rest of the Kanto badges. Now, I'm going back to battle any trainers I missed so I have the most amount of experience possible before...you know, I don't know if I'm going to tackle the higher-leveled Elite Four or head straight to Red. We'll see.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Another update on the Zangoose Challenge!
-Arrived and passed through Solaceon Town
-Traveled up to Veilstone City
-Took a LONG detour by traveling all the way to Pastoria and grabbing TM40 to teach Aerial Ace to Katana
-Took on Maylene and beat her easily with said achieved Aerial Ace
-Helped Dawn get her PokéDex back and got HM02
-Went back to Pastoria
-Found out this interesting fact: When you enter Pastoria City for the first time, and if, before doing anything else, before even talking to anyone, you walk up behind the Croagunk billboard, a cut scene activates where a Croagunk walks up to the side of the poster, looks towards you, laughs, and then enters the marsh. I found this fairly humorous.
-Moving on: Took on Crasher Wake and demolished him
-Chased the Galactic freak to the lake and beat him
-Got the SecretPotion from Cynthia
-Removed the Psyducks and got the Old Charm
-Traveled to Celestic Town and beat the grunt there, then beat Cyrus with ease
-Got HM03
-Did some exploring with Surf, finding extra stuff and clearing the route that leads to the Pal Park
-Surfed to Canalave
-Beat Barry with no trouble
-Sailed to Iron Island and got HM04
-Cleared Iron Island with the epic combo of Zangoose and Lucario
-Returned to Canalave and took on Byron, winning with Brick Break
-Went to the library and felt the tremor
-Flew to Lake Valor and defeated Saturn
-Flew to Lake Verity and beat up Mars
-Am currently heading towards Snowpoint City

I plan to be finished for my next update, which I think will be my 100th, so it's extra special! :D

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Crystal Update #5.

Finished Crystal! Went through Kanto in one shot lol.

Spoiler:

Final Stats:
ultsolo2crystalstats.png
ultsolo2crystaltc.png

The USC #2 is halfway done. Hoenn region up next on Emerald.

Team Gerry (Final):
Spr_2c_203.gif

Palin the Girafarig, ♂ - L92 @ Pink Bow
Moves: Return, Psychic, Crunch, Earthquake
Spr_2c_158.gif

Totodile, ♂ - L7
Slave Moves: Cut
Spr_2c_163.gif

Hoothoot, ♂ - L4
Slave Moves: Flash, Fly
Spr_2c_074.gif

Geodude, ♀ - L6
Slave Moves: Rock Smash, Dig, Strength
Spr_2c_055.gif

Golduck, ♂ - L22
Slave Moves: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
USC #3 is finished! Katana the Zangoose powered through the rest of the game with ease.
-Arrived in Snowpoint
-Took on Candice and won easily with Brick Break and Aerial Ace (for Froslass and Abomasnow)
-Climbed up to Lake Acuity and saw Jupiter leaving
-Flew to Veilstone and infiltrated the Galactic HQ
-Took every grunt down and got the key
-Entered the front and found Cyrus
-Battled Cyrus and won handily
-Beat Saturn again and freed the lake Pokémon
-Flew to Mt. Coronet and climbed to the top
-Witnessed the awesome cut scene and entered the Distortion World
-Navigated the mazes and puzzles until I met Cyrus again
-Defeated Cyrus quickly and took down Giratina
-Exited the Distortion World and headed to Sunyshore
-Arrived in Sunyshore and met Flint
-Went to the lighthouse and found Volkner, who returned to the gym
-Followed Volkner to the Gym and beat him with no problems (I got lucky and Static didn't take effect during his battle; it did everywhere else in the gym, though. >.<)
-Got HM07
-Surfed to the entrance to Victory Road
-Navigated through Victory Road (I've played this so many times it's like the map is burnt into my head)
-Arrived at the Pokémon League
-Beat Barry one last time and started the final challenge
-Aaron: Bug types are not good at withstanding Aerial Ace
-Bertha: Required a Swords Dance and a few Brick Breaks/Slashes (depending on typing)
-Flint: Swords Dance + Slash spam
-Lucian: See Flint (Bronzong is the exception; it needed a Brick Break instead)
-Cynthia: Swords Dance, then Aerial Ace for Spiritomb and Roserade, Brick Break for Lucario, and Slash for everything else

And that brings to a close my third Ultimate Solo Challenge. Looking back, I was skeptical of using a Normal type, since I never have before. But Zangoose surprised me. Definitely have a respect for Normal types now, for their versatility (and lack of weaknesses). Swords Dance has also earned a place on my roster of useful moves. I never used stat boosting moves before, but after using Swords Dance, Zangoose was always unstoppable.

Also, 100th post dance! And right on my last update for this challenge. Very fitting, if I do say so myself.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
Thought I'd send in another quick update...I'm still clearing routes of all trainers. All that remains are the two routes surrounding the Seafoam Islands and, of course, anyone in the Seafoam. I feel like there are two or three people in there...but I'll probably just ignore them for now. I don't need to catch Articuno or anything. (:

Champ the Feraligatr is currently at level 88.
He has a Hardy nature, loves to eat, and holds a Shell Bell.
His stats are 289/230/210/164/164/194.
He slaughters all opposition with Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang, and Earthquake.
This is a beast. And I love him to death.

Years
Its going well, im fighting Whitney right now ><
Her darn Hax miltank is cheating D:, Fenrir either flinches or is imobolized by love.
He is in lvl 26 though, and I have been beating everyone rather quickly, exept for this one > : O

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Starting solo with ghastly, in in FRLG haven't been active lately but restarting now :3 Wont be able to post pics this run but il try and get 15 by the end so i can post him in the hall of fame

Last edited:
Years
Part 2 of my Ultimate Hack Solo is completed, which marks the end of the Hoenn parts. Next up is FireRed386, but first, my final update of Sapphire386 (Just pictures):

Progress:
Spoiler:

Alakazam:
Spoiler:

I may update later today, or this weekend, but after that, my updates will be limited due to a new year of school D:

EDIT:

Update 1 of Fire Red 386, without pictures of Kadabra and the image of the first battle, which was lost due to Abra having a total of 3 attack:

Progress:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
USC #3 is finished! Katana the Zangoose powered through the rest of the game with ease.
-Arrived in Snowpoint
-Took on Candice and won easily with Brick Break and Aerial Ace (for Froslass and Abomasnow)
-Climbed up to Lake Acuity and saw Jupiter leaving
-Flew to Veilstone and infiltrated the Galactic HQ
-Took every grunt down and got the key
-Entered the front and found Cyrus
-Battled Cyrus and won handily
-Beat Saturn again and freed the lake Pokémon
-Flew to Mt. Coronet and climbed to the top
-Witnessed the awesome cut scene and entered the Distortion World
-Navigated the mazes and puzzles until I met Cyrus again
-Defeated Cyrus quickly and took down Giratina
-Exited the Distortion World and headed to Sunyshore
-Arrived in Sunyshore and met Flint
-Went to the lighthouse and found Volkner, who returned to the gym
-Followed Volkner to the Gym and beat him with no problems (I got lucky and Static didn't take effect during his battle; it did everywhere else in the gym, though. >.<)
-Got HM07
-Surfed to the entrance to Victory Road
-Navigated through Victory Road (I've played this so many times it's like the map is burnt into my head)
-Arrived at the Pokémon League
-Beat Barry one last time and started the final challenge
-Aaron: Bug types are not good at withstanding Aerial Ace
-Bertha: Required a Swords Dance and a few Brick Breaks/Slashes (depending on typing)
-Flint: Swords Dance + Slash spam
-Lucian: See Flint (Bronzong is the exception; it needed a Brick Break instead)
-Cynthia: Swords Dance, then Aerial Ace for Spiritomb and Roserade, Brick Break for Lucario, and Slash for everything else

And that brings to a close my third Ultimate Solo Challenge. Looking back, I was skeptical of using a Normal type, since I never have before. But Zangoose surprised me. Definitely have a respect for Normal types now, for their versatility (and lack of weaknesses). Swords Dance has also earned a place on my roster of useful moves. I never used stat boosting moves before, but after using Swords Dance, Zangoose was always unstoppable.

Also, 100th post dance! And right on my last update for this challenge. Very fitting, if I do say so myself.
What level did Zangoose finish at (in the other games, too, if you don't mind)? I'm curious because it only takes 600,000 exp points to get him to L100.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I think I started one of these a while ago on Pearl with a Flygon and got to the seventh badge, but since that was so long ago I want to start a new run on Platinum with Spheal --> Sealeo --> Walrein. I've already prepared the egg and will be starting tomorrow, if not tonight.
363.png
364.png
365.png

I don't think I ever updated, but I did play through a lot of it before being caught up with Christmas then school starting back up. Anyways, today we had a snow day so I was able to pick it up again and now I'm deciding to update! So, here we go!

deku defeated:
dptr124.png
with his Lv.18
363.png

dptr148.png
with his Lv.31
363.png

dptr154.png
with his Lv.39
364.png

dptr152.png
with his Lv.46
365.png

dptr150.png
with his Lv.52
365.png

dptr128.png
with his Lv.60
365.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Update on my gastly solo

Spoiler:

Well sadly something went wrong with my files and i can no longer trade from GBA 2 GBA so i will start another run >.> vulpix run,

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Update on my Blastoise Platinum Run:

-Won my fourth gym badge in Veilstone City
-Got HM02 Fly
-Reached Pastoria City and defeated my rival
-Beat Crasher Wake for gym badge #5

The team:

BLASTER (Blastoise) lvl. 51
-Water Pulse
-Aqua Tail
-Protect
-Bite

Grotle lvl. 18 (yay double battles)
Togepi lvl. 1

Last edited:

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
I'm gonna start a solo with a Dratini if I'm able to get into the flippin' dragons den so I can catch one, then raise the egg, then trade it over to my friends game to have her trade it back to me, then restart my game, walk 10k steps, and THEN finally start up the game. And this is all on my actual gameboy, so I won't be able to get any screenshots :(. Silver beeteedubs. Me and my friend lily are facing off in real life to see who's fastest and strongest. It's gonna be a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back