• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team reborn

Should Spongebob sqaure pants be a rival?

• No doubt about it!

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, but not a constant rival.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Maybe one encounter.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Not at all are you stupid?

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Name: Aqua
Skills: Sprite Inserting, Mapping, Scripting, Inserting GIANT OW's, spriting!
Proof: PM me if you want some other proof, cuz you seen my work before!
Dedication: I'll always do my best, :)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Name: Aqua
Skills: Sprite Inserting, Mapping, Scripting, Inserting GIANT OW's, spriting!
Proof: PM me if you want some other proof, cuz you seen my work before!
Dedication: I'll always do my best, :)

Hmmm you are declined sorry bud you creep me out
Spoiler:

You may wanna open that ^^ :)

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Name: Soul
Skills: Writing, creative, can work with just about anything. Can come up with side-quests and even help in introducing rivals and organizations - Just need to know how you'd like them to be introduced.
Proof: There's always my work in other teams to look at. Believe TBF is the only one with any of it posted though. Can always send you some additional idea's for the current plot.
Contact (here or pm): PM, VM, email, text.
Dedication: 70% at the moment. Got other teams to help, taking drivers ed starting today, along with some more personal issues springing up. It is easy for me to write so you wouldn't have to worry about a lack of progress. Takes me about a minute to think something up, five to twenty to type it with words that fit - Depends how long it is and what needs a bit of quick-editing.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Accepted well do you have msn? anyways could you maybe just come up with some nifty original side quests please :)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Well may be a while a map is being done and a script aswell so i maybe after the weekend L:

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Turns out a I start the class on the 1st, so here I am. 'Nifty original side-quests'...? Here's a go(These aren't beginning side-quests):

1&2
Spoiler:

In order for me to do any starting ones, I need to get three questions dealt with: Is there a specific 'why' the player doesn't know of gym's or the league? And how was it kept from them? The league would have coverage in the news, TV, travelers, school, etc. And could you go into more detail about the starting town? The introduction is a bit...mashed together, some parts don't make sense at the moment:

Spoiler:

Fixed some spelling and some of the grammar above, but the phrases/words in bold kinda need some explaining. The typo "ofrst" is to mean 'forest', but the rest of that sentence doesn't speak of where the town really is. Is it inside the forest or just outside of it? You also go right into saying how the player looks at the Snorlax, but how? Is it in the paper they had gotten or is it close enough for the player to see, just outside their town? And the bit that has an underlining just confused me in how you described the starting mission/goal. As a feature you explain "old hero's return" and "evil teams return", which doesn't make sense to really put that bit within the parenthesis there at all.

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
Name: Lately, I've been going by 'Lexar' or 'Seven' when online.
Skills: Unfortunately, while I can't do anything that would be really beneficial (Spriting, Tile Inserting, Scripting, Etc. Though, I do have the programs), I would be happy to lend my skills as a writer to help with plotting, names, and even grammatical accuracy in the dialogue (proper spelling, punctuation, etc).
Proof: You can find most of my more current stories (fanfictions) right here, on my Deviantart account: http://sevenoverthree.deviantart.com/
Contact (here or pm): I can be contacted here on PokeCommunity, and also on MSN, or even E-mail. All you need to do is ask. :)
Dedication: Well, I am trying to find a job (in real life) but apart from my writing, I can dedicate myself entirely to this.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Turns out a I start the class on the 1st, so here I am. 'Nifty original side-quests'...? Here's a go(These aren't beginning side-quests):

1&2
Spoiler:

In order for me to do any starting ones, I need to get three questions dealt with: Is there a specific 'why' the player doesn't know of gym's or the league? And how was it kept from them? The league would have coverage in the news, TV, travelers, school, etc. And could you go into more detail about the starting town? The introduction is a bit...mashed together, some parts don't make sense at the moment:

Spoiler:

Fixed some spelling and some of the grammar above, but the phrases/words in bold kinda need some explaining. The typo "ofrst" is to mean 'forest', but the rest of that sentence doesn't speak of where the town really is. Is it inside the forest or just outside of it? You also go right into saying how the player looks at the Snorlax, but how? Is it in the paper they had gotten or is it close enough for the player to see, just outside their town? And the bit that has an underlining just confused me in how you described the starting mission/goal. As a feature you explain "old hero's return" and "evil teams return", which doesn't make sense to really put that bit within the parenthesis there at all.
The town is outside the forest the snorlax is on route 1 and the only way out the town is through the forest well what i ment by old hero's return i ment like hero's from original games like gold may red those people being seen as rivals around the game

And the player does know about gyms and the league but its not like those things really intrest him (well until he ends up having to battle)
Name: Lately, I've been going by 'Lexar' or 'Seven' when online.
Skills: Unfortunately, while I can't do anything that would be really beneficial (Spriting, Tile Inserting, Scripting, Etc. Though, I do have the programs), I would be happy to lend my skills as a writer to help with plotting, names, and even grammatical accuracy in the dialogue (proper spelling, punctuation, etc).
Proof: You can find most of my more current stories (fanfictions) right here, on my Deviantart account: http://sevenoverthree.deviantart.com/
Contact (here or pm): I can be contacted here on PokeCommunity, and also on MSN, or even E-mail. All you need to do is ask. :)
Dedication: Well, I am trying to find a job (in real life) but apart from my writing, I can dedicate myself entirely to this.
Accepet as a writer, you and soul saint shall be working together :)

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Tomorrow, I'll be a bit busy working on some music but I should be able to flesh out a couple of side-quests. Probably ten or so. I'll post what I have before I go to sleep tomorrow night.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Things got a bit more busy than I thought. But, can begin writing now. Got a couple of idea's on how to introduce the player to gym's and such:

- Include non-official gym's along the road. Put some back-story in on how non-official gym's typically are run in the region. Such as a place where more experienced trainers help beginners in learning more about Pokemon battling, places where trainers can see how much they've truly progressed, and places that are just looking to become official gym's. Can include a few of each, have them work as the battle tents were in Emerald; Player can either exchange for Pokemon there or use their own in a level-range. If this idea is liked then I'll get on top of coming up with a couple of idea's for side-quests involving these.

- As some teams are being put into this hack, could do with a bit where the player is asked to protect an informant. Maybe asked by the 'informant' them self, global police officer(s) investigating international crime(s), or even one rival team that the 'informant' belongs to that just can't spare their members. Opens up a bit more variety of options on how the player can go through the game.

- In one of the larger towns there could be a few trainers that harass local trainers, and those they see as easy targets. By taking money, items, giving insults, etc. More of a small-time thing than anything truly organized. Think along the lines of the guy Ash gained Charmander from in the anime - That kind of guy. Can use them as some reoccurring rivals or some such.

- If/When the player chooses to take on the gym challenge, if you're going to have it be optional, then you could set up rules on how many Pokemon are allowed to be used when facing the leader. Have a front room with a guard on the side to the entrance to the actual gym-area or arena that is scripted to hold the player if they have too many Pokemon to enter. Player is checked/frisked, which is how they know if they have one-too-many. Makes the player have to choose who they keep and who they don't. I also suggest this as a means of going about the Pokemon League if it isn't just another Elite Four challenge and then the Champion title match. This one isn't really a side-quest idea, but a suggestion.

- Could have a new team of Psychic/Ghost Pokemon trainers. Bring in a new version of the Silph Scope thatthey are trying to make to gauge a target Pokemons strength, in order to tell which one's are worth taking. Or to tell which trainers have a strong bond with their Pokemon and have talent needed to back a cause of theirs up. Said cause can be discussed over MSN if this bit of an idea is liked. Can start working on side-quests that either seem like they don't affect this group and/or do affect this group. M.L, if you have a new group already made with your own plan on what you envision them to be/do, then please do share so that both Seven and I can help out or offer some idea's of our own for side-quests.

- A mini side-quest could be finding a Pokemon for a little kid to become a trainer, or for a lonely parent/grand-parents. Reward can be from the father of the kid, or a rare item from either of the last two.

- Could have a contest of some sort that fit's any area of the region. Need to know more about different cities/towns/villages before Seven, you or I could really come up with something more for this one. An award could be a rare item, TM, money, special Pokeball, etc.

- In one of the forests you could have a bug catcher in dire need of an antidote for their Pokemon. Have it be their only one. They ask the player to find their bag they had dropped or to go buy an antidote for their Pokemon. Being unable to move their Pokemon, else it would be in too much pain and/or faint, they couldn't just leave their Pokemon there alone. By aiding the trainer, two things can happen: First they go in the same direction, yet the player reaches the exit of the forest with a couple of grunts of a team guarding it. The bug catcher comes along and aides the player in beating the grunts. Can have like a bug-type contest where the trainers can enter a bug Pokemon to battle others for a prize - In order to enter, you need to be apart of the local bug-catchers club or be given approval of one or more members to join. Or you could have it as like a local Pokemon Trainer club, using a different trainer to replace the bug-catcher if you'd prefer.

- In one of the towns or somewhere off in the wild you could have a Pokemon retreat, where Breeders from all over the region bring injured/mistreated Pokemon they are either given or have found to recuperate in a safe environment. Can have an angry trainer looking to take back their Pokemon or some team looking to steal the Pokemon within, of which the player thwarts their attempt. One of the Breeders there offers one of the Pokemon for the trainer to take with them; After seeing the 'skill' of the trainer and compassion they sensed within them, the Breeder believed the Pokemon would be better off traveling around with them than cooped up there.(Eevee returns? :o )

- After the player goes through some situations with unfriendly crowds, completes various competitions, etc, an event can be started where they are invited inside a TV station to be on a talk show that airs throughout the region. Can take the program for the interviews in the Emerald game for the player to make comments, come up with some yes or no questions that affect how people view the trainer, or just come up with dialogue that the players character says on their own. This could be a way to introduce some famous characters such as Gold/Blue on the same talk show.

- There could be a mail service used around the region that ends up needing help on one of the routes: A truck was delivering both mail and packages that was attacked by any of the teams. Player sees it and gets involved, defeats the grunts, and then police from the town show up after receiving an emergency call from the driver's Pokenav. Grunts can be arrested or escape, up to you. Goes to a transition after a short conversation with the officers where the player winds up in the police station, sitting in the office of the Chief. The player gets confronted by the Chief, short dialogue, ends with a reward of a TM and the player free to leave once their statement has been written up.

All of the above are just suggestions for events or features. When I think of more I'll post them. If you'd rather I hold off on posting them and just save them for when you(M.L), Seven and I are on MSN then that's fine as well.

Last edited:

Ettadara

Fanfiction Writer
Years
Man... Came back to this place, saw Soul Saints post, and now I really don't know how exactly I can help the storyline. D:
I am good at writing, I swear... I just don't know where to begin. ^^;

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
well you can still help :) i meen its not a 5 min game and i have many ideas im ganna run through ou and soul :)

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Man... Came back to this place, saw Soul Saints post, and now I really don't know how exactly I can help the storyline. D:
I am good at writing, I swear... I just don't know where to begin. ^^;

M.L could give us both towns to work on in the region. We suggest events for each area, and work together to intertwine events that involve any of the teams or would greatly affect the region/surrounding towns of the area. Would be a good way to share the work and not feel as if any one person is hogging idea's/suggestions/etc.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hmm well thats more your guys place as if you two i need a starting event you know how the game starts :/ take into consideration the first route is blocked so you will have to enter the forest, the forest will have an even where the evil team appears and a legendary appears but only once you return from the second town :/ so if you two can work on the first town and the forest event i will be happy ;)

◘•EmperiuM•◘

The Scripter
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
HEllo there!I am new here in PC!i just came here to improve my sKills :) anyway i am applying..

Name:EmperiuM
Skills:Spriter Scripter Storyline Maker
Proof:No!Not Today!
Contact (here or pm):PM
Dedication:More Powert to Team Reborn

Back