• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's up with CSS?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I just taught myself enough CSS to create a simple showcase for my new hack, so nothing very complex, but when I save my edits, PC writes all sorts of random extra code that I didn't put in, messing up my backgrounds, adding weird lines and borders all over the place, and making it simply impossible to use. I mean, what am I supposed to do if it automatically writes things I don't want into my post when I post it? I can delete the stuff added, but it will always come right back. I've noticed the same thing happening with quoting at times too, but not all that often. I finally got my thread looking right, but now if I make any changes whatsoever, even just changing text or swapping out an image for an identically-sized one all sorts of random crap gets added to it. How do I stop it from doing that, and is it a problem with PC, or CSS, or me?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I assume it may be from PC since that happens to me sometimes too. Dunno what it is though.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Not sure how to post the code in a raw form on here, but I think the linebreaks were actually the problem anyway. Took them all out and used padding instead, and it seems to be working alright so far.

Back