• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Hey, where do you find the sliding glass door tiles for the door on the Pokemon Centers, Marts, and Gyms??

i did provide them some odd pages back. they're in the latest update, if you download it.

when i get around to it, i'll probably rip a couple more different doors. >.>

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
Sorry i should have explained it better. What i have is a Picture that has a resolution BIGGER than the display screen. I want to be able to (when the cursor hits the edge of the window) have it scroll the rest of the picture.
Not to be confused with the already working scrolling cursor.
..... hopefully that made sence?

well im not sure =[ but i saw something in the database called "scroll_map" , and some other things, ill try to take a look at it and see what you mean.

Atomic Reactor

I downloaded RMXP down on this computer.
and everytime i try to open it i get this.
error.png

does anyone know how i can fix this?

(i know this has nothing to do with essentials, but i figure ill get a helpful answer here)

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Ugh!
I downloaded RMXP down on this computer.
and everytime i try to open it i get this.
error.png

does anyone know how i can fix this?

(i know this has nothing to do with essentials, but i figure ill get a helpful answer here)

that error message means the computer that you're trying to install rmxp on doesn't have internet connection.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
ok, these are two regions i made... i need someones opinion on witch is better,

Smeard (More realistic) or
Clear....

reigonnotfuzzy.png

fuzzyreigon.png

P.M or post here with your opinion!

the first one, it fits the pokemon game style, AND the blur on the other one is boring, anyway, this is not the place to put this, you should make a new topic for it insted, or put it in your project topic.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
the first one, it fits the pokemon game style, AND the blur on the other one is boring, anyway, this is not the place to put this, you should make a new topic for it insted, or put it in your project topic.

Ok, sorry i just thought that some people would have a good opinion here since it is a starter kit thread...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
yaoimutt:

To make an item that calls a common event, you can use the following script function. Assume that the item "MYITEM" is defined in the items.txt file like this:

Code:
505,MYITEM,MY ITEM,5,0,"My item",2,0
Assume that 10 is the common event ID to call.

Code:
ItemHandlers.addUseInField(:MYITEM, proc {
  $game_temp.common_event_id = 10
  next true
})

ItemHandlers.addUseFromBag(:MYITEM, proc {
  next 2
})

T_T it doesn't work. it doesn't even make an error. T_T

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Whenever I play test my game just after my player is going to teleport to his house it shows this message the my game freezes

errorcg4.png

edit connections, it's saying that map 7 is connected to the room, but there is no map 7 for it to show.

Atomic Reactor

I'm not using a vista... but those direction helped.
I still think its weird since i was online.. and it wasn't a vista. 0_o
thanks pal!

~Atomic_Reactor

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The ParticleEngine script is pretty versatile.
clockyt9.png

It displays the correct time :D

(I'm in GMT by the way, that's the current time here).

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
how do u make a battle with a trainer (npc) and stuff liek that? and i want to know how to make pokemon follow you/npc follow you and how to have a pokemon out at as a npc and how to set routes for npcs =( sorry im kinda REALY new to this =(.

Atomic Reactor

I would suggest that you mess with RMXP a bit and reading the notes before you start to make your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back