• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Click this to reveal the post on page 8 with the download link!
Spoiler:

POKéMON: MEWTWO STRIKES BACK
Made in RPG MAKER XP with POCCIL'S STARTER KIT

Alright. Finally getting this third and hopefully final thread up for the game re-make of the first movie.

If you don't know what the game is, then visit these following threads:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138067
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=171351

Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB) already has it's reputation. As well it should, it started as a hack last year, and only for a short while have we been developing it on RPG Maker instead. There are major reasons why I chose to switch. Here are a few:

- More features, such as dynamic cutscenes similar to the 'Oak Intro'
- Easier Mapping
- Easier for the spriters(when it comes to color palletes)
- Easier for me to do things myself, without relying on people to script for me
- Overall looks better than the hack ever did

We are using Poccil's starter kit, as well as some Kyledove tiles; many of which may be temporary, if we get newer tiles.

Unlike with the hack, I'm not sure when there will be a release. Many people are already stealing our sprites from the GBA game without crediting or asking, and we ask that you do not use them at all.

Until I can find a way to package the game up so the files and folders are all meshed together, there won't be an available Alpha demo.

There is, however, video on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/InnerMobius

Let's hope this goes well, hmm?

storyline.png

You start off with a a team of four Pokemon already, including Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Pikachu, and Charizard (different than the hack). Your first enemy in-game is the same as a movie, a PKMN Trainer called "Raymond" , who has a Donphan and Machamp, as well as others.

After you defeat him, you must talk to the Dragonite messenger. He will invite you to meet the greatest POKéMON Master, and fly off. Brock and Misty head East to the Old Shore Wharf to meet you for the ferry.

Once you get there, you must rush inside the FERRY HOUSE to get in from a storm. Officer Jenny and Miranda, the owner of the Ferry house, tell everyone there who had wanted a trip on the ferry to NEW ISLAND that the storm was too strong, and nobody would be able to go. Three trainers, Corey, Neesha, and Fergus go on ahead anyways.

The team heads out anyways, and gets on a ship with some vikings.

The rest, my friends, is in the movie.

videosc.png

screenshotsn.png

capture021.png
capture003.png

capture004.png
capture005.png

capture006.png
capture008.png

capture009.png
capture011.png

capture013.png
capture016.png

capture017.png
capture018.png

capture020.png

skxj6x.jpg
34j3yfl.jpg

wqvxb5.jpg
2s7ud92.jpg

900ok4.jpg
20uvq15.jpg

a5eywh.jpg
n20mxh.jpg

featuresu.png

New maps
New Sprites
Custom events
New Storyline, following the Movie plot
1st and second gen POKéMON
Partial DP Base tiles
Movie Characters

teamt.png

Meowth - Owner. Mapping, Spriting
~Teh Panda~ - Mapping, Tiling
! AvatarKris ! - Spriting
KageX -Spriting

pastteam.png

Meowth -Mapping, Spriting
yunghove -Scripting
Twilite Darkrai -Scripting
DarkCharizard257 -Scripting
Tre_Al -Scripting
Megiddo -Titlescreen, Inserting Graphics
ICE-X -Graphic Inserte
KageX -Spriting
Nicolas -Spriting
AuRiOnsX6 -Spriting
feffeowns -Beta Testing
Darkmanny -Beta Testing
Pkmnruler13 -Beta Testing
Chrona -Beta Testing

awards.png

how15bannerpr4.jpg

how15textxm2.png

bugs.png

None to date

supportx.png

By: Meowth

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183762][IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4079/mewtwouserbarnn9.png[/IMG][/url]

By: DarkCharizard257

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183762][IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/2qv58qf.png[/IMG][/url]

By: Meowth

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183762][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/14wr52e.png[/IMG][/url]

progressb.png

NOTICE! THE RPG XP GAME IS RELEASED AS A BETA!

BETA 1.1
Mirror 1 of Beta 1.1
Mirror 2 of Beta 1.1

These are all old hack versions.

Alpha 1.1: First 3 towns mapped, limited scripts
Alpha 1.2: New scripts at old wharf and on, less bugs, updated Pallet town
Alpha 1.4: Bug fixes, Text edits on scripts, Pallet Town mostly scripted, Improved maps, New trainers
Alpha 1.5: Graphic updates, new tiles, new trainers, Old Shore Wharf cave mapped, some glitches fixed, misc. edits

Last edited:

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I remeber this hack in the hack section and i would always check to see how you were doing. But then it disapeered cuz i didnt check in a while and voila! here it is. This looks amazing and your brainwashed nurse joy sprite looks phonemonal(prolly spelt that wrong) I loved this movie when i was little and this brought back memories. Good luck and i hope you make it till the end.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Wow contrats on getting this in Showcase Meowth. It's looking better then the first time I saw it and I hope you keep it going. Good luck dude. ;)

Danno

Years
I remeber this hack in the hack section and i would always check to see how you were doing. But then it disapeered cuz i didnt check in a while and voila! here it is. This looks amazing and your brainwashed nurse joy sprite looks phonemonal(prolly spelt that wrong) I loved this movie when i was little and this brought back memories. Good luck and i hope you make it till the end.

Thanks. I made that Joy sprite from scratch ;D Sampled colors from a DP sprite for skin color, and an in-movie screenshot for clothes colors. :)

This looks interesting. I'll be looking at this more often.

I appreciate your interest. :D

Wow contrats on getting this in Showcase Meowth. It's looking better then the first time I saw it and I hope you keep it going. Good luck dude. ;)

Of course! :D And you helped me with that other problem... haha. Thanks for that. ;D

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
Hooray !!!

I made the Ash OW ... i'm so proud of that little guy ...

BTW Meowth nice work with the game it's coming along nicely and Nice Thread !!!

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Wow, dude! You know what I think of your game!
It is awesome!
It has features that in ROM Hacking couldn't be done.
I wish you the best!
I really like how it is going, and if you need help be sure to talk me. =3
see ya!

Danno

Years
Lol Kris... It's like, almost the same thread as the Hacks Showcase. I suck at coding so I used that same layout... :P (And we both made that OW, you made the original for the hack, I modified this one lol)

EDIT: Thanks Erick! :)

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
Cool I remember this in the hack section, I didn't know you were making a game version of it nice; Can't wait to see more.

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
Lol Kris... It's like, almost the same thread as the Hacks Showcase. I suck at coding so I used that same layout... :P (And we both made that OW, you made the original for the hack, I modified this one lol)

Yip and i made the backpack and you made the intro and backsprites i helped with misty and brock and yeah ...

!!! Pokemon MSB !!!
- We're all in this together -
;)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well, seeing as I followed this like crazy when it was a hack (Oh, and my enthusiasm showed, and don't you forget it XD), I'm definitely more excited now! The intro is fantastic, scripting is wondrous, and I love the Mewtwo part at the beginning! God, I'm loving it XD Only thing is that both Raymond and Dan say the same thing. I'm not sure if that is intended or not :P

Danno

Years
Yeah that was a rushed glitch... haha. Didn't change my cameo's text yet. In fact, he's not staying in that spot either... :P

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
It has been an RPG for less than a month and still, it already looks better than the hack. Fantastic improvement! By the way, I couldn't help but laugh with the fact that the first thing you see opening the game is Dr. Fuji's unbelivable hairstyle!

Danno

Years
cool game i'll try it on a different comp later

Lol.. the actual game isnt available yet, those are the old versions of the hack to hold people off. :P

It has been an RPG for less than a month and still, it already looks better than the hack. Fantastic improvement! By the way, I couldn't help but laugh with the fact that the first thing you see opening the game is Dr. Fuji's unbelivable hairstyle!

Yeah. I got that downpat xDD

thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Nice to see MSB is back! I guess RMXP suits the game better than the rom based one.

Danno

Years
Indeed it does. Much easier to do things in RMXP. A million thanks to Poccil.

Some of the things I will need would be:

- Someone who can add the move animations to attacks
- Spriters
- Tilers

We currently do not need Beta Testers... :P

~PokeJosh~

Pimpatune
Years
Wow...this is...actually pretty amazing.

The 10 minute preview actually seemed like it was a preview of a new pokemon game, and got me excited about it. This is one of the two genres of fangames that I actually like, A game that is based upon another game or in this case, a movie. As long as it is good quality, of course. And this definitely is. Good job on this, I also watched the movie of your old hack, and I was impressed with that, but I think you will be able to go a lot further in customization with RMXP. I can't wait to see the finished product, and let's see some updates on this soon.

-PokeJosh

PS: I might be able to help on this, but I am a little busy with another project. It would be cool though.

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back