• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Premier League Discussion

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
So, Went allowed this (yay).

The Premiership is once again, open. New players, new season and matches to look forward to. So lets discuss.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I have a few friends coming round to watch Liverpools first game of the season. I think this season will be a real ttest for the side as Alonso was a vital player in the team and even though we have Mascherano he isn't as good as Alonso so we will have a weaker midfield area.

Arsenal had a great start to the season. The completely dominated Everton even though Everton had the home advantage. Everton's defencive performance was one of the weakest I have seen in a long time.

Yesterday realy seemed to be a day for the away teams, only Chelsea and Stoke managed home wins, and Chelseas home win wasn't that convincing as the goal came very late in the match.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Liverpool are struggling with the loss of Alonso :/ haha and it really showed in the game against Spurs.
Chelsea's game was a little to disappointing aswell even though they did win. It just wasnt convincing.

Like Liverpool, Man U are playing without Cristiano Ronaldo, which is a huge set-back for them, and this season will be much tougher.

I think that this season will be a very interesting one, seeing arsenal proved the critics wrong by hammering the toffees, and the top 3's opening games weren't as pleasing as i thought i'd be. Man City on the other hand may pose a threat to any of the 'top 4' considering all of the teams first game.

btw i'm an arsenal fan.

Years
I don't think it will be too hard without Ronaldo.

He and Messi are obviously in a class of their own but I think this opens our team up a bit and lets other people get more of a chance. Alot of players will shine for us this season but I think Rooney will make the most improvement with Ronaldo gone.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I don't think it will be too hard without Ronaldo.

He and Messi are obviously in a class of their own but I think this opens our team up a bit and lets other people get more of a chance. Alot of players will shine for us this season but I think Rooney will make the most improvement with Ronaldo gone.

Rooney does get a chance to prove himself, but Ronaldo played such a vital role. To me Ronaldo is greater than Messi. He had pace, and got the team attacking. He was a immediate threat to every team that Man U played. The style of play is going to change for Man U, good or bad we can't say until the season progresses.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Anyway, Was Aquilani not playing for Liverpool?

He was supposed to fill the void.

I think he has an ankle/knee injury? won't be back til october earliest. Aquilani won't be able to fill Alonso but atleast it will strengthen Liverpool's midfield.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I dont think Liverpool really have enough depth.

If Torres gets injured, they dont have a real striker to replace him.

Looks like Liverpool are more likely to leave the 'top 4' rather than Arsenal :)

Years
I dont think either will drop out this year.

Everton have already shown they aren't up to much and they havent had any money to improve the squad.

Man City will take alot of time to gel and even when they do they signed Tevez who was less than impressive last season, Santa Cruz who probably wont get many games, Adebayor & Toure which just funds Arsenal to get better players to move away from them and Barry who was actually a good signing. 5th is realistic though.

Spurs might have a chance but some of their good players tend to start playing bad randomly.

Years
Also, Wigan are doing well! They beat Aston Villa and deserved it. Rodagella scored a screamer!

BTW im a Chelsea fan!

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
I dont think either will drop out this year.

Everton have already shown they aren't up to much and they havent had any money to improve the squad.

Man City will take alot of time to gel and even when they do they signed Tevez who was less than impressive last season, Santa Cruz who probably wont get many games, Adebayor & Toure which just funds Arsenal to get better players to move away from them and Barry who was actually a good signing. 5th is realistic though.

Spurs might have a chance but some of their good players tend to start playing bad randomly.

when you bring spurs into this, i think spurs are better than Man City, seeing as Luka Modric played a much better game, and if he keeps up the style, and if Spurs on the whole can finish higher than last and higher than Man City.

Also, Wigan are doing well! They beat Aston Villa and deserved it. Rodagella scored a screamer!

BTW im a Chelsea fan!

Chelsea >_> lulz

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I wonder how many Man U fans are currently residing here.

Anyway, Arsenal really suprised me by scoring six goals. I have to say, I'm impressed. Everton, however, played so bad it wasn't even funny. Fabregas' goal, he ran about 60 yards and no one even came near him. They need to wake up from the holidays because Arsenal shouldn't have won their first game so easily. T_T

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
arsenal-logo.png

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Worst post ever on PC.

Until someone puts a Liverpool badge up.

Wenger has said he thinks there will be a European super league in the next 10 years, I can't imagine how it would go. The smaller teams would be gone from lack of money a few years after it's possible creation.
You know that whatever Wenger says will not happen.

"I'm going to buy a flourish of players for us within the next season" Arsene Wenger 2007

Back